Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

The '80s Garage [REL: Experimental Branch Megapack Part II/Overhaul Mod 0.9.8 Patch (28/05/89), WIP: New vehicles]

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
hazardic
motorised death

Re: The '80s Garage [REL: Experimental Branch Megapack Part II/Overhaul Mod 0.9.6 Patch - Updated 02/04/88]

Post by hazardic »

'80s Time Warp wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:24 am I do not have any of Fatcats other content. I think STShotgun had updated some of them to work with the Overhaul Mod, they might be able to provide you with a link.
ok thanks.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Re: The '80s Garage [REL: Experimental Branch Megapack Part II/Overhaul Mod 0.9.6 Patch - Updated 02/04/88]

Post by CzechDeath »

80s Time Warp!

Why does the Strder have 1/ a towhook 2/ a tow hook that is so thin and tiny it looks like a steel ball on a flimzy wire xD is that like a joke or something? xD I can't figure this out xD
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

1] All of my vehicles have tow hitches so the trailers are not magically connected to nothing
2] It's the same generic trailer hitch that is used on all of the other 'non-heavyweight' vehicles (muscle cars, full-size cars, 4x4s, pickup trucks, etc)

Lastly, please stop using my deadname.
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
RequinBlanc
pedestrian

Post by RequinBlanc »

Hi,

I have done the installation of the mega pack part II to use it with the overhaul mod. The vehicles are being loaded properly but without any wheels on no one of them. When I chose one of your vehicle and try to launch a race, my game crash.
Do you have any idea of what can the matter with that?

Thanks.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Hi,

I haven't heard of that happening before. Have you installed the compatibility patch?
RequinBlanc
pedestrian

Post by RequinBlanc »

Hi,

Yes, i do.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

That's very strange, no one has ever reported this before.

Are you using the Steam or GOG version of Carmageddon Max Damage?

Please can you take a screenshot of your ZAD folder and post it here.

Also, can you enable the diagnostics, and post a copy of the script log next time it crashes.

Steps to enable diagnostics.
► Show Spoiler
RequinBlanc
pedestrian

Post by RequinBlanc »

So I try an other thing

I've checked randomly the vehicle setup.cfg of leadpumper and check the wheel part of the file and copy the name of the default wheels config. I go to the ZAD file named Z_MM_SHARED where a folder is called wheels. Here, I have created a folder by the that I've copy recently and chose the ZAD folder of an original in game car (Heavy impaler) and go into the wheel folder of this one to copy the files and add them to my folder named by my copy.
And the wheels on the car where there (the wheels from heavy impaler). So I think that I don't get all the files in the megapack.

(sorry for my english i hope you understand my manipulation)

Last point:
When i download your megapack, the download fail or some files are missing in the mega pack
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

The wheels for the cars are not stored in Z_MM_V_Shared.zad, they are stored in Z_MM_W_Cars.zad :wink:
The Truck wheels are stored in Z_MM_W_Trucks.zad.

Z_MM_V_Shared.zad is primarily used for shared textures such as lights, mechanical parts, windows, coil springs and trailer cargo.

Please check these files to see if the subfolders are present.
  • There should be 62 wheel folders in Z_MM_W_Cars.zad\Vehicles\Wheels
  • There should be 69 wheel folders in Z_MM_W_Trucks.zad\Vehicles\Wheels
It sounds like you might have a bad download where not everything was downloaded correctly. If that is the case, the only thing I can recommend is to download it again.
RequinBlanc
pedestrian

Post by RequinBlanc »

Okay, you're right I didn't get the file in the megapack.

But, when I try to download the mega pack I still have a download failure. So I can't have the megapack folder full.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

All I can recommend at this point is to try downloading it again.

The Megapack is almost 4GB in size, there are over 50 vehicles and 30 trailers in there.

No one else has reported issues downloading it at this point. Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere else it can be uploaded to. The Wasted! Mod Database is limited to 512 MB per file.
RequinBlanc
pedestrian

Post by RequinBlanc »

Okay, thanks for your help !
gekavo2
pedestrian

Post by gekavo2 »

► Show Spoiler
[/spoil]Hi, did you encounter such an error at the end of the race?
I have an experimental version, installed overhaul 0.96, fix, and megapack.
Updating visual c++ didn't help solve the problem. And sometimes the races go smoothly, and I don’t understand why
:oops:

Steam version

launch options not set

Tried running both normal version and carModgeddon

:help: :help: :help:

my pc configuration: 5950x 32ram rtx 4090 win 10 3840x1600+dldsr x2.25
Last edited by gekavo2 on Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
gekavo2
pedestrian

Post by gekavo2 »

gekavo2 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:49 pm Hi, did you encounter such an error at the end of the race?
► Show Spoiler
I have an experimental version, installed overhaul 0.96, fix, and megapack.
Updating visual c++ didn't help solve the problem. And sometimes the races go smoothly, and I don’t understand why
:oops:

Steam version

launch options not set

Tried running both normal version and carModgeddon

:help: :help: :help:

my pc configuration: 5950x 32ram rtx 4090 win 10 3840x1600+dldsr x2.25

I tried to upgrade to 0.98. but I'm not sure that I installed all the correct files, but the error remained the same :(
Last edited by gekavo2 on Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Hi,

The Experimental Branch has only ever been tested for compatibility with V0.9.6 of the overhaul mod.

I haven't encountered the exact issue you are describing. Your PC is much newer than mine and far more powerful, there should not be any issue there.

From your screenshot, it looks like you have all of the correct files, and the file-size matches up with what I have here.
The only difference is the date modified on the Overhaul and compatibility patches, but the file size looks correct.

1) Had you been playing the game for a long time when the crash occurred? Or did it happen after 1 or 2 events?

2) Can you post your script_log in a forum post with a spoiler tag please. Example below
► Show Spoiler
I suspect the issue could be the sound limit that the compatibility patch is meant to fix. But it doesn't always work for everyone.
gekavo2
pedestrian

Post by gekavo2 »

Thanks, but disabling DLDSR almost completely helped me in 3 hours, only 1 crash, so the problem seems to be some kind of incompatibility with overhaul :rofl: Your modification with these cars is cool :smile:

And this is still more connected with Overhaul, I initially chose the wrong branch to ask for help, initially I thought it was incompatibility, now I came to the conclusion that for some reason too high a resolution breaks Overhaul
it would be interesting to find someone with a 4k monitor to test and then try to play with dldsr, I think it would be a similar situation, however in the vanilla version everything worked acceptable.

I added to those spoilers only messages that, so as not to clog the branch
Sleep Dirt
hit n run

Post by Sleep Dirt »

I'm assuming you've tried reinstalling C:MD? I had to reinstall and Update visual c++ after a recent W10 update, as it broke Carma and I was getting this exact error continually.

I'm still getting occasional crashes now but without the error message, mainly if I'm in replay mode, and a rare few during normal game play, I updated to the latest STS overhaul after reinstalling but I've not done anything yet to workout if it's the overhaul, C:MD, Windows or something I've changed causing it yet, though I am using DSR but it's never caused me any issues before my Carma tripped out, so I'm gonna try turn it off in a bit to see if it helps me too.
The Ocean Is the Ultimate Solution.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

gekavo2 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:20 pm Thanks, but disabling DLDSR almost completely helped me in 3 hours, only 1 crash, so the problem seems to be some kind of incompatibility with overhaul :rofl: Your modification with these cars is cool :smile:

And this is still more connected with Overhaul, I initially chose the wrong branch to ask for help, initially I thought it was incompatibility, now I came to the conclusion that for some reason too high a resolution breaks Overhaul
it would be interesting to find someone with a 4k monitor to test and then try to play with dldsr, I think it would be a similar situation, however in the vanilla version everything worked acceptable.

I added to those spoilers only messages that, so as not to clog the branch
Thank you for the update :smile: good to hear you've got it working.

Thank you for the kind words too
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Re: The '80s Garage [REL: Experimental Branch Megapack Part II/Overhaul Mod 0.9.8 Patch - Updated 28/05/89]

Post by '80s Time Warp »

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Update Time
For use with the Experimental Branch only

Head to the Experimental Branch section for more.

DOWNLOAD HERE
Updated 27/05/1989 2023

Installation:
  • - Make sure to delete any old patch files, examples below:

Code: Select all

z_zmod_ST_Overhaul_v096_MM_Megapack_Patch_YYMMDD_HHMM.zad
    Z_MM_Z_Updates_MegapackPartII_Patch_YYMMDD_HHMM.zad
  • - Paste the new .zad into the \ZAD Folder

z_zmod_ST_Overhaul_v098_80sTW_Megapack_Patch_230527_1831.zad
Release Notes
► Show Spoiler
Updated 28/05/1989 2023

Installation:
  • - Make sure to delete any old patch files, example below:

Z_MM_Z_Updates_MegapackPartII_Patch_YYMMDD_HHMM.zad
  • - Paste the new .zad into the \ZAD Folder

Z_zmod_TW_Z_Updates_MegapackPartII_Patch_230528_1446.zad
Release Notes
► Show Spoiler
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: The '80s Garage [REL: Experimental Branch Megapack Part II/Overhaul Mod 0.9.8 Patch - Updated 28/05/89]

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Thanks for the continued efforts, always a pleasure to play with your mods :grin:
Attachments
20230528232317_1.jpg
20230528232317_1.jpg (248.22 KiB) Viewed 5194 times
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Thanks Tosh :) Glad you're enjoying these mods
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Update:

I am still working on new vehicles, but progress is slow. There will be a nice selection of new vehicles in time.
STShotgun
turbo bastard

Re: The '80s Garage [REL: Experimental Branch Megapack Part II/Overhaul Mod 0.9.8 Patch (28/05/89), WIP: New vehicles]

Post by STShotgun »

Awesome to hear Time Warp, looking forward to seeing them :grin:
C:MD Mods: Overhaul / Car Lot
Zizzy
pedestrian

Re: The '80s Garage [REL: Experimental Branch Megapack Part II/Overhaul Mod 0.9.8 Patch (28/05/89), WIP: New vehicles]

Post by Zizzy »

Hey! I just downloaded this mod and the updated compatibility patch but it still tells me to download the latest 1.1 patch, which I already have. Here is a picture of my ZAS folder:

I also have all requirements for the Overhaul as well and am using the appropriately listed mods for it. What am I doing wrong? From what I'm seeing the mod itself is broken if it is showing me this. Please help!

EDIT: This of course crashes my game so I won't be using this mod. It looks cool but it is completely broken and causes CTD when installed correctly on current versions. I hope this gets fixed someday.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Zizzy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:05 am
It seems you have installed the Overhaul 1.1 but not the latest Overhaul/Megapack patch, there's no z_zmod_z_z_additional_ST_Overhaul_v1_1_Megapack_Patch.zad in that file list you posted up there.

Do realize many in the community are exclusively playing CMD using both of these mods, so while there might be bugs they are definitely not completely broken. :crazy:
Zizzy
pedestrian

Post by Zizzy »

Toshiba-3 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:19 am
Zizzy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:05 am
It seems you have installed the Overhaul 1.1 but not the latest Overhaul/Megapack patch, there's no z_zmod_z_z_additional_ST_Overhaul_v1_1_Megapack_Patch.zad in that file list you posted up there.

Do realize many in the community are exclusively playing CMD using both of these mods, so while there might be bugs they are definitely not completely broken. :crazy:
I downloaded the one listed as the latest from the official post. I assure you I have what is available. If not then could you please supply me with it because the one the OP did is the one I'm using and apparently is broken.

This here is the one listed as the latest in the OP posts, and the one that I currently have installed. I followed the instructions to the letter.

Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Zizzy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:31 pm
Ha I see, the link to the updated compatibility patch wasn't updated yet in this topic. This is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a4k5kk ... sp=sharing, it can be found in the Overhaul topic.
Still surprised it'd cause a CTD, I hope the additional file will help.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

That's unfortunate that you're having crashes. The Megapack is not outright broken. There is always a chance of difficulties when two mods that alter the same files are merged.

From a quick check, you have the correct base files for Megapack Part II, and the latest core patch that I released, which was tested with Overhaul v0.9.8.

First issue: the following .zad mods are legacy ZAD mods for the non-Experimental branch of Carmageddon Max Damage. Please delete them or move them outside of the \ZAD folder
  • z_PlowBucketMod.zad
  • zmod_MM_Rig_O_Mortis_Tweaks.zad
I have not had a chance to test integration with the newer Overhaul Mod releases (v0.9.9, v1.0 or newer). Real life has gotten in the way, and I don't have the time I once had to work on Carma content.
However, STShotgun has released an additional patch here. This patch contains some changes to audio scripts, UI text, and powerups. This should get rid of the text prompt, and it might resolve your crash issues.

In the event that this does not resolve the crashes, I need more information regarding this crash.
If I can't reproduce it, then I can't resolve it.
  1. When excactly did the game crash? mid loading screen or when the loading bar filled to capacity? Did you see any in-game visuals?
  2. If the event loaded, was there an odd pulsating sound before the crash?
  3. What vehicles were on the grid?
  4. Have you got the diagnostics enabled?
    If yes, what did the 'Script_Log.txt' output?
    If no, here are the steps to enable it
    ► Show Spoiler
  5. When you next look in your \ZAD folder, please can you set the view to 'details', and enable the filesize and date modified columns, and screenshot the data for the following files?
    This is to check the file-size matches up with what it should be. It is possible to get bad/corrupt downloads.
    • Z_FC_AC.zad
    • Z_MM_Audio.zad
    • Z_MM_T.zad
    • Z_MM_Tweaks.zad
    • Z_MM_V_01.zad
    • Z_MM_V_01_BD.zad
    • Z_MM_V_01_CBT.zad
    • Z_MM_V_01_CK.zad
    • Z_MM_V_02.zad
    • Z_MM_V_03.zad
    • Z_MM_V_04.zad
    • Z_MM_V_RK.zad
    • Z_MM_V_Shared.zad
    • Z_MM_V_V8.zad
    • Z_MM_W_Cars.zad
    • Z_MM_W_Trucks.zad
    • z_zmod_ST_Overhaul_v098_80sTW_Megapack_Patch_230527_1831.zad
I am hoping to get some free time this weekend, hopefully I can take a look on Sunday with the newest Overhaul Mod version.

EDIT: I have just spent an hour testing the latest Overhaul Mod with the current compatibility patch, not including STShotguns additional patch. I have not been able to reproduce any crashes. I will need more information from you regarding when exactly it crashed. Please follow the above steps (including deleting the legacy \ZAD mods) and let me know how you get on.

Check who’s online