Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Realeasishness - Tanto and Magic Eight Ball

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
classicdrogn
driver

Realeasishness - Tanto and Magic Eight Ball

Post by classicdrogn »

Like the title says, I've got release packages put together for the car I've been yammering about the past few days, and a quick, cheap novelty car in the form of a giant eight-ball. The attatched imag is the 8ball, there's one of the Tanto amusingly deformed in the 'mo progress mo problems' thread... but my ISP's FTP access is wonky at the moment, and I can't put them on my web page. Anyone willing to host for me? DTD and Crashoc get first refusal as thanks for sponsoring the contest that gave me my copy of TDR. In the meantime, I suppose I could email to anyone who wants them and has a big enoguh inbox - Tanto is about 600kb and the 8ball is 300 half that. Email at [url=mailto:merrynhBLOODYVIKINGS@adelphia.BEANSAREOFF.net">merrynhBLOODYVIKINGS@adelphia.BEANSAREOFF.net[/url] minus the bits in caps, or I suppose you could just post here. The 8ball also includes a Photoshop 5 file for making more oracle sayings. Driving it around and watching them change, sometimes eerily appropriately (My favorite was when "Suck that!" came up right after wasting the Baja Beetle) is a hoot. I'mm tempted to make a whole set of them and call it Carmapool :tongue:

- CD
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Re: Realeasishness - Tanto and Magic Eight Ball

Post by random_monkey »

We'll host it over at [url=http://thesprayshop.net">The Spray Shop[/url] dude, if you want. I like your ideas, and fancy checking out how you've done them both - and maybe try fiddling with the bbox on the other one... I'm intrigued by it, and it'd be nice to get it working :smile:

email 'em to me at [url=mailto:ratty4444@hotmail.com">ratty4444@hotmail.com[/url] and I'll most likely get em up tonight - got nothing better to do :smile:
random_monkey
Apex2003
Banned

Post deleted by Beast

Post by Apex2003 »

classicdrogn
driver

Post by classicdrogn »

Well all reet, well all root, well all *right*, bomb's away, cats. I'm attatching the new version of the Tanto pic to this post, too, as I'd forgotten the other was the pre-photoshop version - this one has the stripe added, engine smoke removed, and peelout smoke added. :cool:

- CD
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Novelty vehicles ROCK! :grin:
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
classicdrogn
driver

Post by classicdrogn »

Did you guys get those files OK? They ddin't bounce back t me, at any rate.

- CD
Apex2003
Banned

Post deleted by Beast

Post by Apex2003 »

classicdrogn
driver

Post by classicdrogn »

That's cool, I just wondered what was happening when I didn't hear anything back, since you both said you'd be free that evening. Don't rush on my account, you're the one doing a favor by hosting for me!

- CD

Apex2003
Banned

Post deleted by Beast

Post by Apex2003 »

classicdrogn
driver

Post by classicdrogn »

Eh? ... I don't... oh. :grin: You should specify a color for the font on the author page links, they're just black-on-black in IE5 Mac - all this time, I thought you just hadn't finished detting up the page in the new location! The links specify font color="#000000", instead of 999999 (medium grey) like the rest of your website text, and is so for all the file pages. I have to tell it Select All to read any of them :sad:

Because my fu is mighty, I found a way to manually convert the files I have into CarEd OBJ files with about 35 find/replace operations and some cut-n-pasting, so Junior is in the physics/bbox tweaking stage already, too... and is almost as freaky to watch rolling around as the 8ball, with those freaky tentacle wheels. Of course, Junior is the easiest conversion of the set, since there's no fenders, no engine, no driver, no interior, no lights, no glass, etc. - just the body, the wheels, and the big flower 'head' that can be knocked off the stem, and that's it. You gonna want that one too?

- CD
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

When I said tonight, I meant my time - thus living in the UK, that message was posted at 12:30am :smile:

Either way, I got the files and now they be up at TheSprayShop

*EDIT* - Yeah, I'll have the flower one too
random_monkey
thrill2kill
turbo bastard

Post by thrill2kill »

i can now start hosting @ www.thrill2kill.tk u can contact me and uill host it
classicdrogn
driver

Post by classicdrogn »

T2K - Thanks for the offer, but I think with ApeX and TSS it's fairly well covered ATM. If you want to put it on yours anyway, that's fine, but you don't seem to have a contact address available as far as I can see... You could just grab the .zip from one of them, though, I guess. Random & ApeX - your nuns are in the mail.

- CD
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

I'm having some problems qith Junior dude.

I've installed it and such, but it stops my Carmageddon from loading...

I've tried everything I can think of to fix it and it still won't work.

I've deleted the thumbs.db and /psd from the tiff folder

made a new c2c

I can't recompile it :wink:

but that's the only thing I can think of that would fix the problem... :/
random_monkey
classicdrogn
driver

Post by classicdrogn »

Monkey, RE Junior - That's wierd, I ran it around a dozen times or so... Oh well, I forgot to set the front wheels driven in the working bit anyway (they only look like it) so I'll fiddle around and set up a new zipfile. It may just have been a bad archive, but I'd think it would either fail to load in CarEd or be fine, not just fail to compile. What does it say for errors, or did you notice?

- CD :confused:
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

I didn't recompile it, I figured I'd leave that to you, incase it was something wrong in the text file or something. I didn't want to cock something up :wink:

And carma didn't error, the splash screen came up, then the screen went black, then back to desktop
random_monkey
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

There's more?! Good good, the last two were very intriguing ideas, I like a man who can come up with novelty goods, it makes everything more interesting Image. Anyway, looking forward to the next installment.

Check who’s online