Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Paid Carmageddon fun size with ADS

Chat about funsize Carmageddon for Android and iOS!
CORPSE PARTY
driver

Post by CORPSE PARTY »

What happen? I'd bought the Carmageddon Android way back just to find out there will be ADS in the future? Should I get a refund on Google Play?
Espyo
road raged psycho

Post by Espyo »

What kind of ads? The "Meet sexy singles in your bathroom!" kind, or just notifications about other Carmageddon games and news? Also what sort of future are we talking about here? A potential dystopian future where Carmageddon isn't owned by Stainless anymore, or 3 seconds from now?
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

As far as I'm aware, the "ads" are just prompts about other Stainless products, they're not monetized adverts. They were there long before the game went free. The game has been free for a while now. They also don't seem to show up at all often, out off the last dozen races I've seen an ad for Crashers once.

The question is did you play it enough already to get the £1.49 value out of it? Realistically speaking if you played a couple of races then you've got the value out of it. Getting a refund for that much simply because of the occasional "ad" for other Stainless games is petty, especially if you've played the game for more than half an hour.
a.k.a. Brent

Check who’s online