Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Backed the Kickstarter for Reincarnation then got lost in VR

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
meatball
pedestrian

Post by meatball »

Hello! I backed this game a long time ago but then VR happened and I got sucked in. I totally forgot about this game. Then suddenly Carmageddon popped in to my head and the only thing I could think about was how glorious this type of game would be in VR! It doesn't even have to be in first person as a 3rd person perspective would do as well. Though switching between 1st and 3rd would be the best I think.

So now I'm just curious if the developers or anyone in the community know if there's plans for a Carmageddon in VR? Seeing the second generation of VR is coming up in about 1-2 years I think that would be enough time to maybe launch an early access or something designing with the new VR tech and controller input coming out. Devs might get themselves some knuckle controllers from Valve or some Touch from Oculus if they ask nicely.

I'll probably never return to playing on a flat screen now that I'm thoroughly infected with the VR bug and I see more and more people getting in to it as well. Devs ought to start thinking about bringing Carmageddon to the next generation of VR!
WormSlayer
pedestrian

Post by WormSlayer »

Hey I found the thread I posted almost exactly 6 years ago asking about this: http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/21217
meatball
pedestrian

Post by meatball »

Thank you! Your link does not work for some reason. But I found your tread trough your post history ;)

Check who’s online