Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Concepts---

Discontinued post-apocalyptic TC project by Junkpile and co.
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Concepts---

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

All right, I know not much is happening here.... There are still a few guys out there though, and I am sure as we make it grow then others can be included....

First thing we need is to re-establish the concept of this game. Last I remember, it was basically about two waring factions in the post apocalyptic world. Our character is a nobody, who is struggling to gain acceptance. Question is, who is he, and where does he come from?

Simply put, we need to flesh out the core of the game, what is out objective? When are we on top? Or worse, do we ever get on top? Is the game a sham, and in the end, we are right back where we started? The more we knock off people, the more they hate us. Many many questions....

Also, we need to know what our world looks like, how big is it? What does our hero look like? We need concept drawings of as much as we can get.

Now is when we need to step up ideas. get the ground work done.... So that everyone is on the same track. Most people in Carmageddon are focused on the cars, smashing peds and being a general pain. We need a compelling story and kick ass art.

Personally, I used to work in Comic Books, and Fantasy art, I think story, I think Graphic Novel, not cheesy video game. My envisionment is where the hero is a drifter, who gets caught up in a war. Everyone tries to play him. In the end his final goal is to get away, leave... alive preferably, with as few bullet holes as possible. It lends itself quite well to a sequel...

GTA/Renderware engine rules:
concepts cannot include deforming objects
Plot lines cannot include questions, GTA is setup pass pass, not pass fail.
I have a feeling that we can setup multiple paths

Do not worry about sub plots, just the ground work.

So lets get some pencil to paper and get movin....
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Re: Concepts---

Post by PumaY2K »

Alright, so right now there's no need to focus on cars, right? we have enough of them so far...
PumaY2K out.

road raged psycho

dunno, we are probably gonna have to reappropriate things for GTA, and build alot more on them. GTA uses replacement data. It doesn't move verts, so we will have to make a normal state and damaged state for the cars.... we will also have to set some ground rules for polycounts and stuff like that... dunno how much will have to be redone, but some will obviously have to be.

You are right though, we dont need to concentrate on cars, we need a world to start with.
road raged psycho

OK, One of the things that needs to be done is to create objects that will go in our world. Buildings, foliage, stuff that is there to give the player something to look at... After all barren desert can get old quick. So, I propose doing foliage to spread around our map. Most of it will not have ID's in the game, therefore wont count against us in the conversion. Check out these 5 examples.

And this AVI file

You can see how we can control density in the game. Trees that are 50-100 polys, are pretty good, maybe a bit expensive, but will do nicely. Grass from 2-50 polys is acceptable. Generally, stick to a 128x128x32 bit compiled map for consistency. Save this as a TGA or TIF file, and it will be converted in the end. Please post coments/WIPs/questions.
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

maybe we xhould make it like the savanna(sp) you know a few lone trees and a bunch of dry grass
road raged psycho

same theory applies, try to avoid the normal 4 poly grass pile, I would much rather see some creativity in it all...
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

I am already working on much of this, myself. Concept's from other's would be just as welcome. I may have started this thing rolling but, I don't feel as if this is solely my project any more. It is all of our's. So, if you have something to say, get to typing.

Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Actually, I think we have more vehicle concept's than we're going to need. But, only time will tell. As Beroc stated, we now need to get busy on other thing's. In fact, we're WAY overdue. But, that was mainly because of my absence. Sorry about that guy's. But, it was a situation beyond my control...

Dean
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Creativity is something that I have encouraged throughout most of this project. There are some brilliant mind's & warped imagination's involved in this project. I would just like to see them explored to their furthest reaches.

Dean

Check who’s online