Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carma2 to GTA-SA project

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Carma2 to GTA-SA project

Post by Toshiba-3 »

These pine trees sure do change the look of the track :zomig:
Any idea about your next beta release ?
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Tags:
n3wton
Wasted!

Carma2 to GTA-SA project

Post by n3wton »

Awesome job with this mod dude!

Loving it - My 2 fav games of all time! its like a dream come true! - keep up the excellent work! ;)
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Carma2 to GTA-SA project

Post by Harmalarm »

@tosh; Yeah, as a matter of fact I do have an idea about the Beta. The comming 3 weeks, I will have a lot of free time. That is when I will add the rest of all the objects, this should be doable. After that I have to check the water, because of some errors in in, and then I will prep everything up for a beta. I want to have a look at making an automatic installer, which should make installing a lot easier for you guys. If I can't get that done quickly, I will just give the files the old way, same as the beta 1.0.

so, you can expect to test out the world map before the 18th of July! :smile:
Maximilian_Scott
pedestrian

Carma2 to GTA-SA project

Post by Maximilian_Scott »

That sounds great! Probably, you will get a lot ideas of things that might be done from us-beta testers :uho: btw. Are you going to include ENB to your installer? Would be nice :smile:
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Carma2 to GTA-SA project

Post by Harmalarm »

Well, time for a little update guys;

I've been working my ass of today and this week planting trees, and setting up lampposts. :smile: The world-map allready look a LOT better now, and that's great news. Unfortunately I'm at about 50% of dressing up the whole map area.

I've also set-up the ingame map, so now you will see the grancarma map instead of the standard GTA world.

Futhermore I've included a 4x view distance mod, that will make the view depth a LOT larger. You can see it in the pictures.

This week I will continue placing the objects, and preparting the beta setup. I'm hoping to release it at the end of next week, before the 17th. Wish me luck! :nyaha:

[img]http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/7954/g ... 936uj8.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7073 ... 445kf6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6125 ... 090su8.jpg[/img]

and here's the radar image I've used. I think eventually, a more schematic image would be better, but for now this works good enough.

[img]http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/1159/radarfa6.th.jpg[/img]

Oh and @ Maximillian; Yeah, I think I will include the mod, though the setup of the ENB series differs per Machine\Video Card, so the set-up has to be done manually by the user.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Carma2 to GTA-SA project

Post by TTR »

Nice image :ooo: lol Aztec and Snow map connect eachother...lovely how you put things together there man! DAMN i want it XD
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Carma2 to GTA-SA project

Post by Harmalarm »

Hehe... Yeah, the hot Aztec tempel and the freezing snow level next to eachother... I know i know. :nyaha:

But I had to! it was the only way to fit all of them. :granted:

Don't worry, you'll get it :)
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Carma2 to GTA-SA project

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Whoa whoa whoa next week ?!
Gotta get my hands on GTASA again for real nao~
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Carma2 to GTA-SA project

Post by Harmalarm »

Yeah the beta eh guys, just to prevent confusion... It's the beta next week :nice:
coffeycup
Genesis

Carma2 to GTA-SA project

Post by coffeycup »

Damn, that looks unfekkingbelievable. I will go out and buy GTA-SA just to play this!!
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Carma2 to GTA-SA project

Post by Harmalarm »

you should buy gta sa and play it anyway... :) It kept me buizy for about a couple of months seeing all the stuff and playing every mission! The game is great, and also very funny by the way. :sglasses:
coffeycup
Genesis

Carma2 to GTA-SA project

Post by coffeycup »

I ordered it last night :smile:
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Carma2 to GTA-SA project

Post by Harmalarm »

@Coffeycup; That's Great man, though I can see a little problem rising. Since You ordered it recently, you will probably have version 2.0. (the one without the hot-coffey content) That means that installing modded content is going to be a bit more difficult for you. Once the beta is released, just install it in the regular way to see if it works. That way I can figure out if I need to adjust the installment section in the readme for people with verson 2.0. Don't worry though, it is possible to get mods running, it will just take a bit more time... I'm sorry I didn't think of this problem before, and that I couldn't warn you about it, but then again, GTA-SA itsself is the main reason you bought it, right?

As for the mod. I've decided to release the beta with the content I have at the moment. I'm curently gathering all stuff, and running some test-installments on a clean install to fully test the installment procedure.

I am going to setup a download page on my own webspace, and I will also work on a page that will offer new content at a regular basis. I'm currently in the process of developing it, (and learning how to do it) but all will be available here
The funny thing about the mod is that you can easilly add more stuff, without having to do a complicated installation. (just like carmageddon, a lot of stuff is text-based-modding) That way you guys can allready enjoy the worldmap, while I'm still updating it.

I will get back on this soon, and will give more information about my plans for the beta.
coffeycup
Genesis

Carma2 to GTA-SA project

Post by coffeycup »

bought a used copy and tried to make sure it wasn't 2.0. I guess I'll know for sure when it gets here

EDIT: It came today...it is 2.0...damn
D3ads
mechanic

Carma2 to GTA-SA project

Post by D3ads »

Hey Harmalarm your mod is being reviewed by many sites
heres one of them.

http://cyberd.org/category/gaming/
Grand Carma (3/5)

The concept is genius, porting the levels from Carmageddon one and two into GTA SA, and setting them all together into one gigantic mass of land. Textures aren’t as beautiful as in the original game, but it feels pretty amazing being able to drive around a completely new world with the same vehicles you are used to. The roads are long, many, and the landscapes varied, the game engine is still the same, but other than that this is something completely new. Unfortunately there is nothing to do in this new world, yet, but it certainly is fun exploring for a while .
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Carma2 to GTA-SA project

Post by Harmalarm »

heh, I have made many googles for the mod, but never found these reviews. Nice to read though, gives me the feeling I didn't do it all for nothing...:heh:
D3ads
mechanic

Carma2 to GTA-SA project

Post by D3ads »

It is kinda cool to have that kind of recognition, So how is the mod coming along anyways?
@ Coffey Cup, I have 2.0 and It works fine.

Check who’s online