Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C2 Ped Animation

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

C2 Ped Animation

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I've finaly been able to create and export a totaly new animation for a C2 ped.
It was just a /quick/ test but showed promising results.

I imported the Strider into C2 and made a little animation in MAX2 then exported to BON (was bones not biped).
I had the Strider to load ingame, but it wasnt centered correctly (vertically), was missing the head (weird 'cause it's the master component) and one of the legs had its animation axis flipped. It's very hard to check where are the problems from as this thing is huge so I'll put the Strider aside and learn with another smaller, simpler but novelty ped.

Also the idea to be crushed by the Strider itself works well, I've set the weight of the legs to 200kg and it does crush anything directly~
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Tags:
Mad_Maxine
Pink

C2 Ped Animation

Post by Mad_Maxine »

You got my attention at "ped" talking of animations, i allways wanted to do a rolergirl thing... i loves roerskating. but if your a guy.. and stright.. dont try it :P

Strider eh? that would make some weird lookin ped allright, wont it work with the dog animation?
TTR
Psycho Maniac

C2 Ped Animation

Post by TTR »

GREAT great job my friend, i didn't say this on MSN last night, was kinda too late~~
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

C2 Ped Animation

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I kinda hijack my own thread to tell something related to peds:
Most of us find the peds from GTA ugly etc. even if they are better than the blocky ones anyway.

So everyone want to have new nicer peds and directly think more polygons and shit.
The GTA peds in C2 are really bad (I've already said this a lot of times I think...): badly mapped, still the same textures as the blocky ones, no smoothing groups at all (and with the screwed up models, it looks really like shit), some bad pivot points etc. but the real bad point considering this low quality execution is the polycount: 800 to 900+ tris!

So you might come to think: yay just need some more polies with more hires textures~

And then I invite you to check this inspiring work :
http://www.tomtallian.com/pages/tf2.html

This guy succeeded to make very lowpoly versions of the TF2 characters! They are all around 500tris (without the accessories that is) and with few lowres textures (those shown are scaled up 2x), and yes they do look fucking way better than the GTA ones...

That is all :]
Econobrick
Stucco

C2 Ped Animation

Post by Econobrick »

Funny you should post this...
Just last night I got to thinking; sure high poly models work in c2...BUT they're really not well suited to it. (Look at 9000+ poly cars get damaged in c2...they often look quite ugly) From now on, I think I should strive for lower poly models (similar to what I've always been doing until recently), but keeping high detail at the same time. Spending polys only on the most prominent features of the model and such, and really putting the skin to work for the rest of the minor things. And that's exactly what this guy's done here!
And to a quite remarkable, effect!

+1!
coffeycup
Genesis

C2 Ped Animation

Post by coffeycup »

Wow, those Team Fortress characters are inspiring!!!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

C2 Ped Animation

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Another very inspiring thread at the polycount board:
http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.ph ... art=1&vc=1

Don't miss the second page!
Every model (without accessories) is equal or under 500tris!
coffeycup
Genesis

C2 Ped Animation

Post by coffeycup »

Yea, most of those are really great. Few not so good. Great reference for ideas on how to handle making a lo-poly ped, though

Check who’s online