Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

The C2 Glide Thread

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
nWo4life
motorised death
Location: Let me explain something to you people. What happens on this board I take REAL serious. I don't care who you are, how big you are (or how small). I'm nWo4life!! And I've come here, to FIGHT!!

The C2 Glide Thread

Post by nWo4life »

Aight, I got this one Coffey.

Let me start off this thread with a couple of common Glidewrappers, just basic stuff here...

Zeckensacks Glide Wrapper

dgVoodoo [May in some cases be better for getting glide to work on a 1024x768 screen].

And euhm, here are some common settings for the Zeckensack Glide Wrapper to run C2 under a higher resolution than 1024x768.

And let me show some settings I used for the dgVoodoo thing * <------------------------ READ BELOW

EDIT: I believe I used the dgVoodoo one to somehow get rid of that mouse-in-the-box thing, though I'm not sure that this was the key to succes. You can at least try.

And that's about everything I can tell.

*I don't know sh(!)t about these settings, so if you think you can tell me what to do better in that setup, tell me and I'll shoot a new picture and if neccessary let somebody edit this post.
"I never thought ye had it in ye." - Ken Shamrock

"I have registered myself for the 30th (Look: we're still counting!) time... Does this officially make me an attention-seeking internet whore? No?" - Mr. Hawk
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: The C2 Glide Thread

Post by coffeycup »

Cool, thanks!
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

Anisotropy slows down my game a lot at 4x. I have mine turned off. Really I don't notice a very big difference with it on anyways. I've got a 128MB ATI Raedon, 1 GB of RAM, and a 2.0GHz Athlon
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

What is Anisotropy anyway? Sounds like a disease :P
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

You've got AA and AF, AA makes the edges of 3d models razorsharp (for example) and AF is about the textures in the far distance with filter (i run everything at 16x)

AA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-aliasing

AF: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisotropic_filtering
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

So I gave AF another try. I turned down antialias to 2x and anistropy to 2x and it seems to be a pretty good balance. It does look a little nicer and seems a little speedier
BioHazard911
driver

Post by BioHazard911 »

well, i'm going to give Anistropic at 16x and i'm running a Intel Dual Core with a Winfast PX7600GS (nVidia 8800GTX overclocked coming soon) and i can run nearly any game. so hopefully it'll work.
Yfrid
hit n run

Post by Yfrid »

Recently i've tried to use DGVoodoo instead of GlideWrapper for C2. Runs almost at the same way, but the most interesting thing, after better resolutions support, is that it finally solved that ugly effect on peds animation! now their animations are smooth

Does someone else use DGVoodoo for Carma2? That i wonder to know if it was just a lucky coincidence for me, or if DGV is actually more compatible with c2. The "only" fault is that sometimes few textures got swapped, but maybe i have only to find some better settings

This is how i've setup it:

DgVoodoo v1.50 beta2

GLOBAL:

RENDER API: "DirecDraw7 & Direct3D7"

video driver: "Primary video driver"

Display driver: "Direct3D T&L HAL"

Screen mode: "Full screen"

Screen depth: "32 bit"

(anything else unchecked)

GLIDE:

Textures depth: "32bit"

Refresh Rate: (nothing checked)

Textures options: "Force Bilinear filtering" (anything else unchecked)

LFB access: "LFB access enabled"

"close to real harware" checked (nothing else checked)

Colorkeying method: "Automatic"

Texture memory: "65536"

Resolution: "1024x768" (just because 1280x960 was slow)

Gamma correction: "default"

Refresh rate: "85Hz"

"harware vertex buffers" and "force W-buffering" checked (nothing else)
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Post by Teutonicus »

Hey Folks,

I´m having another glide wrapper problem. If you look at the attached file you seee what I mean. In some levels the horizon looks like covered in snow... don´t like that. I got those problems with zeckensacks GW. With dgvoodoo I don´t have this problem, but a few others. Anybody knows hot to fix it???

Thanks

Attachment (60 downloads) Id=94150
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

What snow? Are you talking about the white fog? That has nothing to do with GlideWrapper.

Set the YON FACTOR higher for a longer draw distance

http://www.cwaboard.com/ubbthreads/show ... #Post83345

set it to 999 for almost no fog or 150 or 200 for more realistic effect

Check who’s online