So this is a possible solution for most of you to get music playback working again in Carma2. This is for the GOG/Steam release, or if you got the audio tracks in a MUSIC subfolder.
- Beforehand, you have to convert the .ogg files to .mp3. Google for online mp3 converters if you haven't got any at hand.
- Go there https://cryo.jp/_inmm/ and grab the ZIP for V2.38. Extract the content into the C2 Root.
- Drag and drop CARMA2_HW.EXE onto _inmmcnf.exe to patch it.
- Run _inmmcnf.exe and set *.mp3 files to DirectShow:
- Add the Track0#.mp3 files into _inmm.ini and save that file into the C2 root:
I guess I'll provide a ready2use patch at some point.