Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Cool Glitch

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Mugzy
mechanic

Cool Glitch

Post by Mugzy »

Apparently in TDR2000, if you use "Afterburner!" and hit a vehicle while under the effects of "Car Stealer!", your previous vehicle will still have the afterburner effect and it doesn't seem to run out, meaning every enemy vehicle (cops or racers) can be put under permanent afterburner. It fucks with the names of the vehicles too.

I play TDR a lot in my spare time and just dick around in all kinds of ways. Was pretty stoked when I found this out. In the second video I paused right when the race began and used the "ai off" command to freeze all the racers at the start of the race. Then one by one I did afterburner and opponent stealer on all of them.

Here is some footage that I grabbed from my testing.

Probably why they never added car stealer into the game anyways. :lol:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: Cool Glitch

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Great find! :slol: Not sure the devs ever noticed something like that. I wonder if that glitch could work with other powerups than Afterburner.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online