Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

TDR2000 MAX-Pack problem: random and frequent crashing

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Cyanosis
pedestrian

Post by Cyanosis »

I don't know what the deal is but it's getting absolutely ridiculous: images/imgur-bckp/dlUePRG.png

If it doesn't decide to crash during the first few seconds of a race repeatedly (always great at killing the mood) or somewhere near the end of a race (that's fun also) it will have the nerve to crash after the race completed screen (fails to re-initialize back to the menus). Far as I can tell the so-called 'auto-saved' doesn't seem to list any such thing in the load game menu upon going back in so even if a race is finished I'm always screwed when a crash occurs anyway. This is with the latest v1.159.

Anyone got an idea as to the culprit maybe? Or is it just another case of the norm that Carma games are crash happy, especially modded? It really makes progress difficult having to buy all these new vehicles in order to use them only to lose progress because of these samey-looking but related crashes (always some access violation). I can live with an odd crash every so often, but my success rate of playing and completing a race is pretty much 2 out of 5 with the MAX-Pack installed.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Yes, modded TDR is very crashy (vanilla TDR isn't very stable either anyway). However 3 crashes out of 5 races is a lot. Out of the blue : if you're always using the same car, have you tried another one? Possibly one of the originals?

Not much we can do about these crashes really :/
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Cyanosis
pedestrian

Post by Cyanosis »

I figured, and amusingly since making this post I've had three races in a row with no issues, but it certainly makes one paranoid when they actually do manage to finish a race and wonder if it's gonna bomb trying to go back to the menu. It's just completely random.

Also I switch vehicles every race, including skins for the same ones, albeit the ones that allow me to change skins anyway (Eagle MK4 colors are all broken and crash the game). I haven't actually used any of the new vehicles yet.

TDR rarely crashed on me, I think out of the 20 something hours I spent playing through the entire game it bombed twice but the frame rate can definitely dip on certain maps, at least with hi-res mode.

Check who’s online