Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

80s Time Warps Used Cars. [Old Topic now locked]

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
AlexTSK
mindless

80s Time Warps Used Cars. [REL] 29 Vehicles. Texture update now out.

Post by AlexTSK »

Well first off I feel like the silence from Stainless isn't helping.

Free or paid content, a patch solely aimed at fixing bugs, the release of official dev tools - all of these things are going to take time and money. Time and money that could be spent on making the next Stainless game that could bring in revenue.

Taking that into account I'm really baffled as to why Carmageddon Crashers even exists, I know its not a game for me but it does feel a bit like a spit in the face of the fans of the original game, it takes the cars and aesthetics but leaves everything that makes Carmageddon a 'Carmageddon' game behind so I don't quite understand that business decision.

Ranting aside, the optimal choice for me would be to see the official tools they use to get cars and content into the game. The game can already be fully modded and unlocked. That said, I'm not sure if going through and understanding how the game handles the data as well as the step of unpacking and running the game might be a hinderance to potential new modders. I don't find anything particularly wrong with this setup, so I would settle for the dev tools.

I feel like expecting new content might be a pipe dream but I would totally get involved again if we saw some more news about potential dev tools. Maybe the community can create a patch that fixes the current bugs and maybe even a total conversion for something like optimising and improving the vehicles, maps, and pedestrians.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Both Alex and you mention the lack of game update. Ideally what kind of update would you have liked to see: a patch to remove the locked down career mode, new content, and/or the release of official dev tools?
What Alex has put forward covers most of my issues.

A long time ago, back when C:R was still in pre-alpha, it was said that a modified version of Acolyte (with the functionality that pertains the the Magic The Gathering Games stripped out) would be made available to the community as part of the ideal implementation of Carmodgeddon*, this would make getting custom content into the game as easy as possible. This would of probably helped kept the community alive and kicking, and maybe lead to more people getting involved.

Obviously since those plans were made, things have changed. Maybe C:R/C:MD just hasn't made enough money to justify the expense and man-hours required to organize that version of Acolyte, expand the modding mode, create documentation, and implement Steam Workshop support. The absence of any news from Stainless confirming whether or not there will be anything else for this game hasn't helped the matter. Put all of this together, and it feels like the community has been slowly and seemingly dying over the course of this year.

Patches to fix the issues that still remain in the game: sound issues, indexed & trailer wheels miss-behaving, ped' corpses spazzing out, joints going beyond their limits, etc, would of been appreciated. I would of loved to see additional content (vehicles, levels, etc) and would of been happy to pay for it, as I feel Stainless did all of us a great favor gifting C:MD to all of the PC owners of C:R for nothing.

* - by the ideal implementation of Carmodgeddon, I'm referring to the official modding mode also supporting:

Spoiler: list

• Drivers

• Peds

• Engine Sounds (Granted this could of been difficult due to the use of Fmod)

• Sound Effects

• Trailers

• Game Modes

• Shared Models/Materials/Textures

• Add-on Skins/Wheels for official cars

• Add-on Race routes for existing levels

• UI

• HUD

• Gameplay adjustments/Tweaks

• Custom career mode

• Probably more items I've forgotten

I feel like it might also be the lack of momentum in the modding community that's getting to you guys (and I'd understand)? As the way I see it, the dev tools and tutorials were made by the community already. Great additional content as well :)

It was the same for previous Carma titles, but the momentum lasted longer...
The lack of momentum certainly hasn't helped. I've done what I can to help spur modding on with my tutorial series, but it seems that too many people have found getting content in-game too intimidating/difficult, or they just wanted to wait for an official SDK, which unfortunately hasn't come. I get that the needs of the business at Stainless have to come first, but I think they have missed an opportunity to make some extra money with additional content for this game.

Regardless, thanks for the kind words on the content Tosh :)
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

oh my.. this is damn sad.. thank you for your work too, and all these innovative stuff you brought here with Alex!
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

yea...

Alex's point about CC is similar to mine. I too was of opinion that it is not exactly "carmageddon game" and I had a feeling that it will recieve "meh" reaction from the carma fan base. I like the visual upgrades, which also remind me of how badass those would be in CR/MD.

Oh well

Take care u guys... You will be missed
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

thanks for everything dude.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

Another one bites the dust... It just saddens me to see you go even though I was never really a fan of your work(not because it looks bad because it doesn't but muscle cars bore me that's all) I really appreciate your work and your hours spent and even though your cars are not as detailed as Alex's cars, they are still better looking than most of the vanilla Carmageddon cars.

Stainless has finally gotten to the bone of everybody here it seems. While I feel surrounded by people that finally agree with my views about Stainless I am also saddened because I was one of the first people to register on this forum and I was also one of those that waited on the carmageddon.com countdown to the forum launch...

I've been through it all here from day 0 and I really had hopes when I saw how open minded and chatty they appeared in both live streams and on this forum.

I personally discussed design ideeas with Nobby both in public and in private and it all seemed too good to be true.

I had a feeling that this was going to be a passion project that will be polished until it would satisfy everybody.

Being through this experience from A to Z I have grown so much and matured beyond hype.

This project's hype, and failure have taught me a lot about how easy it is to get your hopes up and get them smashed.

When I came here I was a powerful skeptic that had been through Duke Nukem Forever's disappointment and other such let downs.

In no way was I some kind of naive man, that was quick to drink the coolade.

Stainless had to earn their trust the hard way and they fucking managed to do it and then they let me down.

This is almost as shockign as a breakup with a girl that I've been with for 4 years...
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

AMEN brother.

if only stainless listened to our prophet, we would be in carma heaven now.

FIX IT SCI!
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Thanks guys. I'm glad people have had fun with my content. :)

Minor service update: The renewal for my website is due soon, but I do not intend to renew it. As such, all released content will be re-uploaded to a folder on GoogleDrive, and re-linked. Since all of the vehicles are getting re-uploaded, 3 vehicles ('66 School Bus, '70 Van & '72 Moth Truck) will be replaced with newer versions. In time, I might create a new wordpress.com based website instead.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

Hey 80s Time Warp,

Should you need hosting then there are a few of us more than willing to do so. Toshiba, Trent and myself can all offer free, ongoing hosting should you want it. Just drop one of us a line if it is something you'd like.

I'm also sorry to see you go. I get your sentiment and understand your complaints and just wish I could say something to change your mind.

Hopefully we'll see you again someday soon.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

'80s Time Warp wrote:Thanks guys. I'm glad people have had fun with my content. :)

Minor service update: The renewal for my website is due soon, but I do not intend to renew it. As such, all released content will be re-uploaded to a folder on GoogleDrive, and re-linked. Since all of the vehicles are getting re-uploaded, 3 vehicles ('66 School Bus, '70 Van & '72 Moth Truck) will be replaced with newer versions. In time, I might create a new wordpress.com based website instead.

Will miss you. Good luck.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

"Well, it's taken long enough. But the first round of cars is going out on the lot following driver entries to the 'Max Damage' season. Introducing..."

Attack of the V8s Part 1

Muscle Cars & Full-size Cars

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Carmageddon Max Damage (CMD) Releases:

These are not for use in Reincarnation!

Go to post #1 for download links.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

It's Update time again!

"All stock has received a quick service & tune-up by the service department"

Thanks to:

• Trent & Errol for getting C:R modding going

• Hex1gon for providing the original in-game Vigilante 8 Meshes

• TopDog for creating some fantastic flame paint jobs, check out more of his work on DeviantArt.

• Stainless Games for bringing the game back

Installation is the same as before on all vehicles. Extract the "CarMODgeddon" folder from each .RAR archive to your game directory, then enable using Minge. Check first post or ReadMe Files with each vehicle for full "Readme/Update Notes"

These CR versions are no-longer available for download - go to post #1 to download newest CMD versions.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Muscle Cars

Stodge Barger

Version 1.3

Spoiler: Updates/Revisions since last release:

• - Fixed broken 'Vehicle_Setup.lol' declaration of stock camera distance

• - Minor Decrease in Grip & Traction Factors

• - Minor Increase in Body Roll

• - Added One new Paint scheme/Skin

+ Orange 'General Lee'

• - Updated Specular Maps for Windows

• - Updated Normal Maps for Tires on all wheels (Stock & Custom), plus minor re-organising of wheel .MDL names

Spoiler: Extra Images

Stodge Squad Car ('78)

Version 1.1

• - Animated Radio Antenna

• - Updated Normal Maps for Tires on all wheels (Stock & Custom), plus minor re-organising of wheel .MDL names

Monty Carnage

Version 2.3

• - Updated 'Chassis to Body' Weld strength (This has been made indestructible due to issues with it breaking too easily)

Paralyser Grand Prick

Version 1.1

• - Updated 'Chassis to Body' Weld strength (This has been made indestructible due to issues with it breaking too easily)

Paralyser Trash Em

Version 1.3

_________________________________________________________________________________

Heavy Hitters

Blood Riviera

Version 1.1

Leadpumper

Version 3.4

Hick Pickup

Version 1.1

Hevy Impaler

Version 1.3

Vigilante 8 Rebuilds

'72 Moth Truck

Version 3.3

• - Animated CB/Radio Antennas (these rock as the vehicle drives & turns)

• - Adjusted Front Axle, Hubs, Brakes & Wheels for better turning of front wheels

• - Minor adjustments to all Front wheel models in-line with changes to front axle

• - Split Windshield into two pieces

'67 Rattler

Version 1.1

'69 Manta

Version 1.1

'66 School Bus

Version 1.1

• - Minor adjustment to Engine Weld Strength & Collision Bounds

Heavyweights

Big Dump R

Version 2.2

• - Minor re-organising of wheel .MDL names

• - Minor smoothing of several areas of cab exterior

• - Softened normal maps

• - Revised Main Collision model to increase chance of driving over (& crushing) cars

'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Attack of the V8s, Round 2 has arrived.

"Big Delivery of new & updated stock is now in at ''80s Time Warps Used Cars'. Get 'em while they're hot"

Thanks to:

• Trent & Errol for getting C:R modding going

• Hex1gon for providing the original in-game Vigilante 8 Meshes

• TopDog for creating some fantastic flame paint jobs, check out more of his work on DeviantArt.

• Stainless Games for bringing the game back

Installation is the same as before on all vehicles. Extract the "CarMODgeddon" folder from each archive to your game directory, then enable using Minge. Check first post or ReadMe Files with each vehicle for full "Readme/Update Notes"

These CR versions are no-longer available for download - go to post #1 to download newest CMD versions.

Muscle Cars

Stodge Barger

Version 1.2

Version 1.2 Updates/Revisions:
  • Minor Model adjustments

+ smoothing off areas of fenders, rear deck, bumpers, rear valance, door handles

+ increased tyre clearance on front fenders

+ Headlamp covers no-longer clip through headlamp bezels when opening & closing

• Revised Paint schemes/skin 06 'Ramcharger Purple'

• Added Four new Paint schemes/skins

+ Grey / White 'Gun Metal Grey'

+ Gold / Black 'Glamourous Gold'

+ Silver / Red Flames 'She Only Silver'

+ Yellow / Black Flames 'Rebel Yell-ow'

• Tweaked Exhaust Particle Effects Vector, Exhaust Smoke now blows out to the sides

• Updated Specular Maps

• Updated Two Custom Wheels

+ Custom Muscle 3 'Sabre Rattler'

+ Custom Muscle 4 'AC/AC Typhoon'

• Added Four Extra Custom Wheels

+ Custom Muscle 9 'Manta Ray'

+ Custom Muscle 10 'Seventies Slotted Mags'

+ Custom Muscle 11 'Monzta Mags'

+ Custom Muscle 12 'AM DeLuxe'

Stodge Squad Car ('78)

Version 1.0

Monty Carnage

Version 2.2

version 2.2 Updates/Revisions:
  • Tweaked Weld strength for the weld that holds the chassis & Body together (again)

• Tweaked Exhaust Particle Effects Vector, Exhaust Smoke now blows out to the sides

• Updated Specular Maps

• Updated Normal Maps

• New Licence Plate Texture

• Added Three new paint schemes/skins

+ Dark Red / White 'Burnt Copper'

+ White / Black 'Neon White'

+ Gold / Purple Flames 'The Golden Hottie' - Thanks to TopDog for creating this paint-job

Paralyser Grand Prick

Version 1.0

Paralyser Trash Em

Version 1.2

Version 1.2 Updates/Revisions:
  • Added Three New Paint Schemes/Skins

+ Bronze / White Decals 'Bad Animal Bronze'

+ Purple / White Decals 'Funky Town Purple'

+ Black / Rust 'Rusty Relic'

• Dealt with error which caused vehicle to sink into ground when damaged (Suspected to possibly cause the game to Crash)

• Updated Specular Maps

Heavy Hitters

Blood Riviera

Version 1.0

Leadpumper

Version 3.3

Version 3.3 updates/revisions:
  • Updated/Smoothed Chrome Trim on Pillars, Rear Window Trim and Updated A-Pillar

• Added "Wheel_Garage.CNT" to get hub-caps rendering in correct place in the garage

• Tweaked Weld strength for the weld that holds the chassis & Body together (again)

• Updated Specular Maps

• Added Two new paint schemes/skins

+ Two Tone Gold/White With Black Roof 'Golden Highlights'

+ Grey / White Roof 'Sterile Steel Grey'

Version 3.2 updates/revisions

• - Fixed Numerous UI assets where Vehicle render was larger than it should have been

• - Smoothed/Rounded Window Trim on Roof Pillars, Rear Window and other minor adjustments

Hick Pickup

Version 1.0

Hevy Impaler

Version 1.2

Version 1.2 updates/revisions:

• Tweaked Exhaust Particle Effects Vector, Exhaust Smoke now blows up and to the right

• Updated Specular Maps

• New Licence Plate Texture

• Added Five new paint schemes/skins

+ Blue / White 'Hevy Ocean Blue'

+ Orange / White 'Copper Orange'

+ Red / White Flames 'Burnin' Hot Red' - Thanks to TopDog for creating this paint-job

+ Orange / Silver Flames 'Flamin' Hot Orange' - Thanks to TopDog for creating this paint-job

+ Green / Flames 'Green Inferno' - Thanks to TopDog for creating this paint-job

Vigilante 8 Rebuilds

'72 Moth Truck

Version 3.2

Version 3.2 Updates/Revisions:
  • Tweaked Exhaust Particle FX anchors to get smoke blowing up

• Corrected 'Toughness' Value printed to UI in car selection

• Tweaked Illuminated Headlight Materials

• Updated Specular Maps

• Lengthened chassis & added 3rd set of wheels with animated suspension

• Added two new paint schemes/skins

+ Olive Green / White 'Olive Green'

+ Orange / Stripes 'Over-The-Top Orange'

'67 Rattler

Version 1.0

'69 Manta

Version 1.0

'66 School Bus

Version 1.0

Heavyweights

Big Dump R

Version 2.1

Version 2.1 Updates/Revisions:
  • Revised Ganged Breaks on body parts

• Revised Headlight Material

• Revised Specular Maps for paintwork

• Added Collision Mesh to The Tipper

'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

I hate to double post, but it is time for my contribution towards the "Valentines Day Weekend Massacre"

Firstly, The two previous vehicles I've released ('72 Moth Truck & Leadpumper) have now been updated and are usable with the new BETA build. Check the First Post or the ReadMe with each download for all update notes.

To install just paste the zad file into your games zad folder. The game will automatically add these to your garage.

If you have the old versions, please delete them.

'72 Moth Truck Rebuild Version 2

Spoiler: Version 2 updates/revisions

- Reconfigured to work with new BETA game build

- LITg Nodes are now exported correctly, so the headlights, brake lights and reverse lights will illuminate the environment and/or other vehicles

- animated all pulleys on engine

- engine & exhausts now vibrate

- added rear licence plate & rear view mirror (Licence plates are now detachable)

- fixed duplication of triangles on drivers door window & windshield

- Body outline for damage indicator now works

- updated normal maps

- uses new RenderLevel() function to cull rendering of parts when truck is far away

- Tweaked performance & stats

- updated materials to enable blood splatters on paintwork

Leadpumper Version 2

Spoiler: Version 2 updates/revisions

- Reconfigured to work with new BETA game build

- LITg Nodes are now exported correctly, so the headlights, brake lights and reverse lights will illuminate the environment and/or other vehicles

- Body outline for damage indicator now works

- uses new RenderLevel() function to cull rendering of parts when truck is far away

- Tweaked performance & stats to fit in with revised default cars

- updated materials to enable blood splatters on paintwork

NOTE: headlight covers can no longer be closed, as the joint would stop all other flaps closing (You'd have to repair the car)

....Now That's not really much towards the massacre, so here's a new car that you've all seen in the WIP section of my Assorted Automobile Fan-Art Topic

Monty Carnage V1

Big Block Muscle with bad brakes

Spoiler: Additional Images

...However that was not really a surprise. Most of you have seen the WIP images, so below, you will find a little something special, and when I say little, what I actually mean is Big Huge Something Special that I have been secretly building for the last 2 weeks. If you are ready for that, then I present my Valentines Weekend Gift to you.

Spoiler: Are you sure you're ready to handle a vehicle like this?

Big Dump R V1

Yup, that's right. I have completely rebuilt the Prop Dump Truck into a driveable vehicle

Spoiler: Additional Images

'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Sorry for the delayed response Hex. V8 Arcade was better than nothing, even if just for that one brief moment of nostalgia :)

Leadpumper BETA Release

(My Reincarnation of the Leadpumper)

Old CR versions are no-longer available for download - go to post #1 to download newest CMD versions.

Thanks to FatCat for the detachable hub-cap solution

'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Hey 80s Time Warp,

Should you need hosting then there are a few of us more than willing to do so. Toshiba, Trent and myself can all offer free, ongoing hosting should you want it. Just drop one of us a line if it is something you'd like.

I'm also sorry to see you go. I get your sentiment and understand your complaints and just wish I could say something to change your mind.

Hopefully we'll see you again someday soon.

Thanks Errol, I appreciate it. :) Also, I can't thank you and Trent enough for everything you guys have done. Your collective work paved the way for me to bring an armada to carmageddon.

Hosting should be ok with GoogleDrive, but if it turns out not to be, then I will drop one of you a line.

I wish things were different, maybe one day I might be able to get back into this.

Will miss you. Good luck.
Thanks Starbuck.

EDIT: All download links have now been re-linked to GoogleDrive hosted content. The main directory can be accessed here.

Spoiler: Revisions/notes for the three vehicles that were replaced with updated versions upon re-upload

• '70 Van
    • - Tweaked Structure data for Satellite dish to make it easier to detach

• ''72 Moth Truck
    • - Revised/Lowered core strength values (General Defence, Car Defence & Offence)

Old mean/average strength value was 6.5, new mean/average is 5.67

• - Lowered Maximum engine RPM reducing top speed from 150 Mph to 130 Mph

• - Reduced mass from 11000 Kg to 10000 Kg

• ''66 School Bus
    • - Revised/Lowered core strength values (General Defence, Car Defence & Offence),

• Old mean/average strength value was 7.0, new mean/average is 6.33

• - Lowered Maximum engine RPM reducing top speed from 130 Mph to 110 Mph

ZeMantras
mechanic

Post by ZeMantras »

thnks for the great work u did its made with alot of love and the result speaks for itself, your vec mods were the only thing still grabbing me to maxdamage.

has far has i see it, this is the final nail in the coffin, from now on its just a slow and painful death ehehe

but hey....theres NEWS guys! a new GOG version just announced. yay.............. lol
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

'80s Time Warp wrote:This is unfortunate but I am officially announcing the end of all production related to modding Carmageddon, for now. It's been over a year since the last live-stream or game update, honestly I can no-longer maintain the will to keep working on this. My hand has also been forced due to my licence for 3ds max expiring, so I can no-longer put content into the game anyway.

If things do change, I may come back to resume work and release more content.

With this in mind, I have compiled a special 'Final Compilation' to celebrate everything that has been, and some of the things that could still be. Also, this compilation includes all but one of the heavyweight vehicles that I have been keeping under wraps for a long time now. I've had a lot of fun working on all of this content, but this is it... for now...

Lastly, Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone out there, especially to those at Stainless Games for resurrecting Carmageddon for us.

I hava had the student version for MAX 2015 and it still started up fine. And I have had it since at least 2014. Its supposed to be a 3 year licence and still works.

I think updating my student profile on the website solved it.
FrancisHz
pedestrian

Post by FrancisHz »

Hello, sorry but how do I have to install these mod ('Muscle Cars & Full-size cars' & the 'Vigilante 8 Rebuilds')?? I do not understand but for the cars if.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

FrancisHz wrote:Hello, sorry but how do I have to install these mod ('Muscle Cars & Full-size cars' & the 'Vigilante 8 Rebuilds')?? I do not understand but for the cars if.
Use a program called Minge. http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/28798
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

"Seemingly out of nowhere, a long figure steps up to the showroom door, they brush a thick layer of dust off of the door, unlock it and step into the deserted building. After pulling dust covers off of some of the cars, they step up to the breakers and switch the power back on. The lights come back on, the Juke box in the corner starts back up, and soon 'Hazy Shade of Winter' by The Bangles is blasting."

Movie references aside, Alex recently gave me the heads-up about a major fix for GibbedTools. So, after stopping by and picking up the update. I've tested the updated converter on a handful of vehicles and can't believe the difference. So, irrespective of what may, or may not happen long term, I will be re-converting the textures for all 29 released vehicles to make use of this. In some cases, I might make some texture improvements in substance painter. I cannot say how long this will take, but it will happen.

For reference, Here's a few comparison shots.

'72 Moth Truck (Before)

'72 Moth Truck (After)

Hevy Sonoma Stocker (Before)

Hevy Sonoma Stocker (After)

Hevy Hell Camino (Before)

Hevy Hell Camino (After)

Spoiler: For anyone interested, there's more...

Also, here's a couple of Substance Painter to In-game comparisons. Allowing for the differences in environment & lighting, the paint textures (Ignore the tires) look like a spot on match.

Hick Pickup

Paralyser Trash Em

AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Good to hear an update is coming :)
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Glad to see you're back with some updates, 80s Time Warp! I've also fixed some bugs in the MDL export code of my maxscript, which i need to release. The bounding box calculation is a bit broken in the released version and this change fixes it, not sure if it effects your cars but the bug caused some big issues with level objects with off-centre pivots.
a.k.a. Brent
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Good to hear an update is coming :)
Thanks Alex :)

Glad to see you're back with some updates, 80s Time Warp! I've also fixed some bugs in the MDL export code of my maxscript, which i need to release. The bounding box calculation is a bit broken in the released version and this change fixes it, not sure if it effects your cars but the bug caused some big issues with level objects with off-centre pivots.
Thanks Trent. I would love to test the updated version out, but I'm without max for now since my student licence expired. I think on one occasion when I was building my level, I did encounter the issue you're referring to with the pivot points, I had one incident* with a piece of decking that had an off-centered pivot.

* - collision detection briefly disabled, dropping my vehicles front wheels through the deck. When I rotated the camera to see what happened, collisions were re-enabled, and it flung my truck across the map, ripping it apart in the process.

One thing I forgot to mention some time back. Do you remember the issue where LITg nodes were exporting as Null nodes? That problem applies with the VFXInstance nodes too. I didn't get around to testing any other node type/s.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

These corrected textures look like they'll be a great update! Thanks for coming back to them :)
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

'80s Time Warp wrote:Thanks Trent. I would love to test the updated version out, but I'm without max for now since my student licence expired. I think on one occasion when I was building my level, I did encounter the issue you're referring to with the pivot points, I had one incident* with a piece of decking that had an off-centered pivot.

* - collision detection briefly disabled, dropping my vehicles front wheels through the deck. When I rotated the camera to see what happened, collisions were re-enabled, and it flung my truck across the map, ripping it apart in the process.

Yup, that sounds like the issue! An optimization they made was that it will check your car against the level or accessory mesh's bounding box before checking the actual collision geometry. As the bounding boxes weren't being calculated correctly it broke collisions at a certain point. If you partially fall through and then the game things "oh wait, you're actually in the bounding box!" it will then fully check against the geometry causing spazztastic shit to happen with the physics! With accessories it also made the meshes stop being rendered if you couldn't see the bounding box. I discovered all this by spending a tremendous amount of time debugging the ramps in the C1 City A which were behaving very strangley with the end quater of the ramp not colliding while the other 3 quarters were, despite it being made of a 2 triabgle quad! Confused the shit out of me until I noticed the quiffy calculation and it all instantly cliicked!

'80s Time Warp wrote:One thing I forgot to mention some time back. Do you remember the issue where LITg nodes were exporting as Null nodes? That problem applies with the VFXInstance nodes too. I didn't get around to testing any other node type/s.
Off hand I can't remember. I know exporting light nodes works, I haven't done anything with VFXInstance nodes. I can't remember what state the released version was in (it's been far too long!) but it now fully supports exporting point, direction and spot lights as well as creating actual lights on import rather than dummies.
a.k.a. Brent
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

These corrected textures look like they'll be a great update! Thanks for coming back to them :)
Thanks Tosh :)

Yup, that sounds like the issue! An optimization they made was that it will check your car against the level or accessory mesh's bounding box before checking the actual collision geometry. As the bounding boxes weren't being calculated correctly it broke collisions at a certain point. If you partially fall through and then the game things "oh wait, you're actually in the bounding box!" it will then fully check against the geometry causing spazztastic shit to happen with the physics! With accessories it also made the meshes stop being rendered if you couldn't see the bounding box. I discovered all this by spending a tremendous amount of time debugging the ramps in the C1 City A which were behaving very strangley with the end quater of the ramp not colliding while the other 3 quarters were, despite it being made of a 2 triabgle quad! Confused the shit out of me until I noticed the quiffy calculation and it all instantly cliicked!
Cool, that's interesting to know what the cause is. I will admit it was quite spectacular (albeit very annoying at the time) when it happened.

Off hand I can't remember. I know exporting light nodes works, I haven't done anything with VFXInstance nodes. I can't remember what state the released version was in (it's been far too long!) but it now fully supports exporting point, direction and spot lights as well as creating actual lights on import rather than dummies.
For reference, the last release version was around Feb '15, the LITg node export was definitely fixed in that release. When I did some messing around with VFX instances for things like glass PFX for broken light accesories, it was exporting those nodes as null. It was no biggie to fix that in the node tool, but I wanted to let you know regardless.

EDIT: All textures have been re-converted, & everything has been re-packed. Just testing & minor paperwork (meta data & promo images) to go before updating the release versions.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Ah nice to see Suppressor's true colors infecting your cars 80s Time Warp =D

Great work !
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Ah nice to see Suppressor's true colors infecting your cars 80s Time Warp =D

Great work !

Definitely infecting hehe. :)

All work for updating the existing releases is now complete, now the tedious process of uploading the new versions is under-way.

EDIT: Added quote since this post is on a new page.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

EDIT: Archived news from Post #1 goes here

Spoiler: Archived News

New versions of all 29 releases are being uploaded

All textures have been re-converted, & everything has been re-packed. Just testing & minor paperwork (meta data & promo images) to go before updating the release versions.

"Seemingly out of nowhere, a long figure steps up to the showroom door, they brush a thick layer of dust off of the door, unlock it and step into the deserted building. After pulling dust covers off of some of the cars, they step up to the breakers and switch the power back on. The lights come back on, the Juke box in the corner starts back up, and soon 'Hazy Shade of Winter' by The Bangles is blasting."

Movie references aside, Alex recently gave me the heads-up about a major fix for GibbedTools. So, after stopping by and picking up the update. I've tested the updated converter on a handful of vehicles and can't believe the difference. So, irrespective of what may, or may not happen long term, I will be re-converting the textures for all 29 released vehicles to make use of this. In some cases, I might make some texture improvements in substance painter. I cannot say how long this will take, but it will happen.

Spoiler: For reference, Here's a few comparison shots.

'72 Moth Truck (Before)

'72 Moth Truck (After)

Hevy Sonoma Stocker (Before)

Hevy Sonoma Stocker (After)

Hevy Hell Camino (Before)

Hevy Hell Camino (After)

Spoiler: For anyone interested, there's more...

Also, here's a couple of Substance Painter to In-game comparisons. Allowing for the differences in environment & lighting, the paint textures (Ignore the tires) look like a spot on match.

Hick Pickup

Paralyser Trash Em

Download links & Images for all 29 released vehicles have been updated to Google Drive & Steam hosted links.

Renewal for my website will be due soon, but I will not be renewing it. All Mod content will be re-uploaded to GoogleDrive & Re-linked prior to the closure of my website. In time, I might open a new wordpress.com based website instead.

As part of the re-uploads, 3 vehicles will be replaced with newer versions ('66 School Bus, '70 Van & '72 Moth Truck).
This page will be updated when all files have been re-uploaded & re-linked.

This is unfortunate but I am officially announcing the end of all production related to modding Carmageddon, for now. It's been over a year since the last live-stream or game update, honestly I can no-longer maintain the will to keep working on this. My hand has also been forced due to my licence for 3ds max expiring, so I can no-longer put content into the game anyway.

If things do change, I may come back to resume work and release more content.

With this in mind, I have compiled a special 'Final Compilation' to celebrate everything that has been, and some of the things that could still be. Also, this compilation includes all but one of the heavyweight vehicles that I have been keeping under wraps for a long time now. I've had a lot of fun working on all of this content, but this is it... for now...

Lastly, Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone out there, especially to those at Stainless Games for resurrecting Carmageddon for us.

Archived news is available here.

Work has slowed down on the environment, as I am now without 3ds-max (My licence has expired). Whilst I can get a free trial of a newer version, that will only last one month, and as such, I need to have every single model ready to go before hand, including the custom stand-ins for the police cars.

Just a little update, as things are progressing slowly. There's still a long way to go, but some areas are closing in on presentable.

Spoiler: Images

Testing the breakable pre-fab office, although it still needs damage textures & furniture (CRT Television included). Regardless, the basics work very nicely.

Updated Custom Plow Setup

Work on the 'HIV Proving grounds' is progressing slowly.

Some testing of a work-in-progress environment that I recently started building. There's still a very long way to go, but most of the paperwork has (so far) been considerably easier than expected.

Attack of the the V8s Part II - Vigilante 8 Rebuilds is now out (4 updated CR releases + 8 new vehicles). New videos have also been added to the video section.

Big Dump R has also been re-released for Max Damage

The Summer Update for Attack of t he V8s Part I is finally out. Two new cars, the 'Hevy Sonoma Stocker', & the 'Hevy Hell Camino' have joined the ranks of the Muscle Cars.

Spoiler: Global Change logs

Changes global to all vehicles:

• - Replaced Paint textures with PBR-derived material, vehicles that already had PBR-derived textures have been updated using a better export process

• - New Damage normal maps for vehicle paint-work

• - Updated all Tire textures... again

• - Fixed Trailer Hitch IDs

• - Re-converted all normal maps

• - Removed redundant textures where possible

• - Changed shader & Updated textures for illuminated lights

Changes global to all vehicles except Quarantine Hover Cab

• - Considerable adjustments to vehicle performance
    • Replaced gear ratios & final drive ratios with unique data (based off of real gear ratios from real world base vehicle)

• Changed RPM characteristics

• Increased clutch delay

• Changed grip & traction factors

• Set Suspension pitch & roll factors to be 'Physically Accurate'

• Lowered Damping

• Increased Suspension Give where possible

• Softened Anti-roll bars

• Tweaked Brake Strength (4 wheel disc cars have strongest brakes)

• Tweaked Drag Coefficient

• Increased down-force on cars with Aero Parts

Final Preparation work is under way for the update to Attack of the V8s Part I, and the main release of Part II. There are some minor logistics issues to deal with, due to the increased file size of several vehicles, files will have to be hosted on dropbox since each file on my web-host is limited to 150 Megabytes. VHS versions of new videos are also being organised.

With the update to 'Attack of the V8s Part I' ready to go, work is continuing on 'Part II' so both Parts can hopefully be released in quick succession.

The '72 Moth Truck has recieved a light face-lift.

Spoiler:

Select paint-jobs for the '69 Manta also come with a little cosmetic addition in-game, courtesy of multiple material substitution.

Spoiler:

Work on the second new vehicle that will be joining the update to Part I is nearing completion. All 16 vehicles are receiving some last fine tuning, including increased down-force for vehicles with Aero parts. Soon I should be able get onto recording the update video.

Updated the modified Plow Structure, file now includes one tweaked model part

Going forward, the plan is to build two new vehicles to go with the update to "Attack of the V8s Part I". The first, the Hevy Sonoma Stocker is almost complete, the second, code named 'Hone My Hill Cave' will be going into production soon. Once the update for Part I is out, "Attack of the V8s Part II: Vigilante 8 rebuilds" will be released, but this will be without the custom trailers, unless the modding mode has been expanded by then.

Made further revisions to all vehicles, including:

• disabling of the games stability control (adds grip to wheels when sliding)

• an increase in the basic grip factors across all vehicles

• reconfigured suspension parameters (Roll, Pitch & Give) using 'physically realistic' roll factors

Now that the new version of GibbedTools is out, I hope to get the updated versions of the vehicles from Part I released as soon as possible. I am working on a couple of extra vehicles to join them, which will take some time.

Slowly but surely, the PBR derived texture overhaul is nearing completion, there are still a few textures remaining. Once Gibbed-Tools has been updated, I can look at organising the update to Part I. I may add one or two new vehicles off of my 'Would be Nice List' to go with the updated releases from Part I.

In the mean time, tires have now been re-processed. Regulation big rigs now have a proper truck tire tread.

Spoiler:

The Vigilante 8 Rebuilds are now just about up to scratch (including all of the new ones).

Whilst most of the trailers for the '72 Moth Truck already made use of PBR derived textures, these have been updated to make use of the better export process.

Also, due to issues that were being caused by the 'Always Jointed' Interior door within the Mobile Trap, I've replaced it with a secondary internal ramp, that has a vertical back wall to stop cars getting out instead. The ramp still needs proper textures as it's just re-using the texture space from the old interior door for now.

Spoiler: New Damage Textures

Time for another big image dump. After having made lots of tweaks to my base crumple map that is used as the basis of all damaged normal maps, the damage textures are looking better than ever. Whilst it is not perfect, it is now at a level I am content with. Some of the following images show the damage textures being temporarily used in place of the regular textures for testing purposes only.

Spoiler: WIP new textures for the '72 Moth Truck

Also, with the main texture overhaul for Part I complete, now work on Part II is commencing, starting with the '72 Moth Truck. There's still a few pre-shading details missing on the air horns & stacks, but otherwise it's coming along.
Old Paint:

New Paint:

Old Paint:

New Paint:

Spoiler: More pictures

Even more WIP of updated paint textures:

Spoiler: Stodge Squad Car ('74)

Spoiler: Stodge Squad Car ('78)

Even more WIP of updated paint textures:

Spoiler: Paralyser Trash Em

Spoiler: Stodge Barger

More WIP of updated paint textures:

Spoiler: Quarantine Hover Cab

Spoiler: AAW Stinger

Spoiler: Fraud Grand Rioter

Spoiler: Monty Carnage

Spoiler: Paralyser Grand Prick

Added PBR-derived update log to 'The Body Shop'
07th May 2017:

The PBR derived paint texture overhaul is progressing, most of work on the Full-size cars has been completed. Temporarily, normal maps have been converted without compression to see how the vehicles should actually look.

Spoiler: Blood Riviera

Spoiler: Callahan Cab

Spoiler: Hevy Impaler

Spoiler: Hick Pickup

Spoiler: Leadpumper

• The Custom setup for the Plows' Bucket has now been released. Get it below from the "Carmageddon: Max Damage Non CarMODgeddon Releases" section.

• Also, all vehicles from "Attack of the V8s Part 1 - Muscle Cars & Full-size Cars" are going to be updated to make use of PBR-derived textures. This work will take a considerable amount of time to complete, especially for vehicles with multiple finishes & beater paint-jobs, but the results will be worth the time & effort. However, due to issues with GibbedTools, it turns out that quality of the normal maps has been adversely affected due to the wrong form of texture compression. This may delay further releases depending on this issue has been dealt with.

Testing a slightly different export process for PBR assets from SP, resulting in more better consistency between CMD & SP. Thanks to AlexTSK for sharing his findings on this. At the very least, the textures for the AAW Stinger, Fraud Grand Rioter, Callahan Cab & Quarantine Cab will be updated for the next release. Ideally the other 10 vehicles will also be converted to PBR derived paint textures.

Spoiler: Stock Paint Comparison

Old Export: - Stock

New Export: - Stock

Spoiler: Beater Paint comparisons

Old Export: - Beater

New Export: - Beater

The generic gear ratios & final drive ratios across all vehicles are being replaced with authentic data, max' engine RPM is also being adjusted. Overall, straight line performance across most vehicles is largely similiar in terms of top speed, however the differences in gearing make each car feel far more unique.

Update: 01st May 2017:

For anyone interested, below is the list of new gearing setups that will be coming in next update:

Spoiler: Lots of numbers

• AAW Stinger - 3 Speed Transmission (1:1 Top gear), - 3.15:1 Final Drive - Top speed: 168 Mph

• Fraud Grand Rioter - 4 Speed Transmission (1:1 Top gear), - 3.00:1 Final Drive - Top speed: 172 Mph

• Monty Carnage - 4 Speed Transmission (0.696:1 Top gear), - 4.1:1 Final Drive - Top speed: 176 Mph

• Paralyser Grand Prick - 4 Speed Transmission (0.696:1 Top gear), - 4.1:1 Final Drive - Top speed: 170 Mph

• Paralyser Trash Em - 4 Speed Transmission (1:1 Top gear), - 3.08:1 Final Drive - Top speed: 176 Mph

• Stodge Barger - 4 Speed Transmission (1:1 Top gear), - 2.76:1 Final Drive - Top speed: 197 Mph

• Stodge Squad Car ('74) - 3 Speed Transmission (1:1 Top gear), - 3.23:1 Final Drive - Top speed: 170 Mph

• Stodge Squad Car ('78) - 3 Speed Transmission (1:1 Top gear), - 3.23:1 Final Drive - Top speed: 166 Mph

• Blood Riviera - 3 Speed Transmission (1:1 Top gear), - 2.73:1 Final Drive - Top speed: 163 Mph

• Callahan Cab - 3 Speed Transmission (1:1 Top gear), - 3.31:1 Final Drive - Top speed: 152 Mph

• Hevy Impaler - 3 Speed Transmission (1:1 Top gear), - 3.08:1 Final Drive - Top speed: 154 Mph

• Hick Pickup - 4 Speed Transmission (0.7:1 Top gear), - 4.27:1 Final Drive - Top speed: 149 Mph

• Leadpumper - 3 Speed Transmission (1:1 Top gear), - 3.00:1 Final Drive - Top speed: 160 Mph

• Quarantine Cab - No changes

Drag Coefficients have also been changed, and brake strengths might get tweaked.

After lots more testing, I've finally got the glow shader 'glow_simple_norm_spec_env_base' to a point where my car lights look reasonably good. All future releases & updates will now be using it.

Furthermore, minor performance adjustments are also being applied to all vehicles

• - Actual top speed is now in-line with rated top speed (changes to Max RPM &/or final drive ratio)

• - Added clutch delay for more realistic shifting between gears, most cars pitch when shifting now

• - After having finally worked out which ratios apply to which gears, the Gear Ratios & final drive ratios across all cars might be getting replaced with real world accurate data. Tests with the Stodge Barger have yielded good results

Since Part II (Vigilante 8 Rebuilds) is essentially done now, focus has shifted back to big rigs. As such, here's something else I've been working on that might make it into Part III with all of the other trucks.

Spoiler: The Rigger

Another test video - this time a seemingly highly explosive tanker.

Spoiler: Testing Trailers in Carmageddon Max Damage: Round 3

Work is still progressing on Part 2 (Vigilante 8 Rebuilds) of Attack of the V8s, just in-case anyone thought I might of stopped.

Attack of the V8s Part 1 Muscle Cars & Full-size Cars is now available for Carmageddon Max Damage! 14 Vehicles have been released, including four new vehicles:

• Do Gas Card Quest '74 -> Stodge Squad Car ('74)

• Rio Grade Draft run -> Fraud Grand Rioter

• Sat Near Wig -> AAW Stinger

• Call haba Can -> Callahan Cab

Spoiler: Attack of the V8s Part 1 Muscle Cars & Full-size Cars

15th January 2017: All Vehicles from Wave 1 are being uploaded. As soon as the issue where Minge will crash (if any contents of a 'MingeBag' are already installed) has been rectified, then the downloads will go live.

With Minge having been updated, my first wave release of "Attack of the V8's" will be coming soon.

Work is still progressing, just in case anyone was concerned that work might have ceased.

More WIP with custom trailers has yielded an interesting result... ...a mobile trap.

This seemingly plain 1970s Dry van trailer holds a dark secret...

...The vehicles stuck inside.

They didn't last long when that trailer got left under the crusher.

• - All 'older' vehicles have had optimization of engine parts, more specifically the removal of dedicated structure part entries for all pulleys/fans. Parent parts now make use of the relevant 'NamedIn' Functions that my newer vehicles are using

• - Rear bumper on the Monty Carnage has been updated, and is now parented to the chassis instead of the c_body

• - Split up 'Misc' Engine parts (Radiator, Brake Master Cylinder) on the Leadpumper, and re-parented parts where applicable

• - Electric fans are no-longer linked to ENGINE_RPM, but are now linked to CONSTANT_OVER_TIME instead

• - Promotional video for Wave 1 is now complete

• - Despite repeated attempts, I have been un-successful in setting up user controllable police lights/sirens. I did manage to get the police lights on the squad car turning on/off with the horn (no siren SFX though), but that messes with all of the regular car lights. It also means the squad car cannot be chosen as an AI opponent due to the vehicle being declared as a 'Cop'. For the time being, the light/siren setup is the same as in CR

• - I've also dug up a few alternative V8 start up sounds to take the place of the stock ones used by the 'SUV' & 'Drag' sounds, these will be made available as optional extras.

All vehicles in Wave 1 are essentially ready for release. There are some minor adjustments that still have to be made, and once the new C:MD version of Minge is available, I can look at getting Wave 1 out there. Recording & editing of the promotional video is now under way. The other release waves include vehicles with trailers, so those will be held back until further notice.

Spoiler: For anyone who is interested, here's the rough change/update list that applies to most of the vehicles in Wave 1:

• External Asset references updated for use in CMD (Engine sounds, exhaust VFX, etc)

• Configured Dashboard Camera position

• Added five new wheels to the 'Custom Muscle' wheel pack

- CM-13 Cracker Super Stokes

- CM-14 All Meshed up '80s Style

- CM-15 Interceptor

- CM-16 Pursuit Special

- CM-17 Keyslot Klassics

• Added a basic 'Custom Off-road' Wheel Pack (Hick Pickup is the only vehicle in Wave 1 that uses it)

- CO-01 Rug-Head Specials

- CO-02 Mc-Fly Specials

- CO-03 Off-Road Mags

- CO-04 Cracker Super Stokes

• Added two colour variations of Police Steelies for Squad Cars (Blue & White)

• Updated Shaders referenced by the following Materials - Misc, Interior, Lights + damaged vers', Glass + damaged vers', Lights_On

• New PBR-Derived Tire Textures for all wheels

• New PBR-derived damage textures for Paint material on all vehicles

• Added Custom Trailer hitch with tow-bar model

• Amended SFX sub-cat for windows/lights

• All antenna animations are now linked to SPEED_OVER_TIME only

• Added basic UI text for Driver Name, Driver Bio & Vehicle Name

• Added 'hack' UI text for Paint-Job names & Wheel Names

• Updated shrapnel reference

• Small increase in grip factor (around 5%) on all muscle cars over previous releases

• 'Toughness' value printed to garage now includes base offensive value in calculation

After digging through Environment setup files, and then the games .exe to see if there were any hints about adding strings to the UI - it turns out there are methods which allow the setting of the driver name, driver bio & vehicle name locally from the vehicle_setup.lol.

Spoiler:

Simply add this to the end of the vehicle_setup.lol

override_vehicle_name = "YOUR VEHICLE NAME HERE"
override_driver_name = "YOUR DRIVER NAME HERE"
override_bio = "YOUR DRIVER BIO HERE"

I didn't find anything regarding how to set the "Short" driver name, but the game will use the full length name in its place

This still leaves paint-jobs & wheels without any real UI text, but I guess you can fudge the localisation entry code to resemble the name.

A small video taken while testing trailers on the '72 Moth Truck

Spoiler: Show Video

For the most part, all vehicles that will be going into 'Attack of the V8s' Wave One for Carmageddon Max Damage have been completed. Ideally, I will wait until Trent has had a chance to update Minge for use in CMD, and also until we have a 'Max Damage' modding section before releasing Wave One, which will consist of the following vehicles. (New vehicles are in Anagram form)
Muscle Cars:

• - Monty Carnage

• - Paralyser Grand Prick

• - Paralyser Trash Em

• - Stodge Barger

• - Stodge Squad Car '78

• - Do Gas Card Quest '74

• - Rio Grade Draft run

• - Sat Near Wig

Full-size Cars: (Formerly known as 'Heavy Hitters')

• - Blood Riviera

• - Hevy Impaler

• - Hick Pickup

• - Leadpumper

• - Quarantine Cab (Special Guest)

• - Call haba Can

A selecton of screenshots from todays testing, taken using the in-car camera.

Spoiler:

Some more images from testing custom trailers. It does look like CarMODgeddon doesn't support them at the moment.

Spoiler:

I do plan on fitting a 'Towing Package' to all regular vehicles that will be allowed to tow the camper/caravan. It will only be a simple tow-bar that will attach to either the 'c_Body' (for Uni-body cars) or to the 'chassis' (for body-on-frame cars), and it will override the standard 'trailer hitch' point that the game assigns.

On the whole, all of the regular vehicles that I have been testing are coming along nicely. The game automatically places the dash cam inside the drivers head, but more often than not, it needs to be adjusted slightly from there.

I have been testing a few of my vehicles in Carmageddon: Max Damage, and I am pleased to announce that some (if not all) of my current C:R vehicle releases, can be used in C:MD as they are. You will have to install them manually (editing the carMODgeddon.lua), or you can install them into C:R with MINGE, and then move the CarMODgeddon Folder from C:R to C:MD. Do so at your own risk though.

Due to a number of changes in C:MD (Sound Effects, Engine Sounds, Particle Effects, Materials, among other things), some vehicles may not function entirely as they should. An example is the 'Jeep' sound now being referred to as 'SUV', so some vehicles will not have an engine sound.

Spoiler: A few screens from some early tests"

Getting a rig setup with a trailer is considerably easier than I expected, although setting up the custom trailers for this (among other rigs) is still to be done

Once I've collated everything that needs to be 'updated' or added for C:MD versions, work will continue at full speed on moving all vehicles properly into C:MD. NOTE: Due to the volume of content, Wave One of 'Attack of the V8s' for Carmageddon Max Damage will feature 'Muscle Cars' & 'Full Size Cars' only.

27th October 2016:
Public Service Announcement/s:

All current WIP/Work-In-Progress content is being held back for Carmageddon Max Damage. 14 of the 15 current releases for C:R have already received some significant updates, and this will draw a considerable line between C:R & C:MD versions.

15th July 2016: It is highly unlikely that there will be any updates to any of the 14 vehicles that are currently released, until Carmageddon Max Damage launches on PC. This does not affect the intended release of Quarantine Cab for Carmageddon Reincarnation

4th July 2016: After reviewing all vehicles in the build que, the Quarantine Cab will probably be my last release for Carmageddon Reincarnation. All other vehicles in the build que will most likely be held back for the PC release of Carmageddon Max Damage.

Spoiler:

'Don't Drink & Drive' - Thanks to Deadhart

'The Ramblas Rumbler' - Thanks to Psyrgery

14th June 2016: Fixed a collision issue on the Quarantine Cab (the cab would sink into the ground when the front bumper fell off). There are several more paint-schemes to make, and one or two minor tweaks.

Spoiler:

Spoiler: Overall View

Spoiler:

A report from 'The Shop' on the newest vehicle code-named "A Quiet Barn Can" is available further down

Most of the new PBR derived damage textures are complete. So, I've been building some new custom wheels

Alternate Steelie Wheel options for the '78 Squad Car

Continued work with Substance painter has begun yielding very nice new damage textures

Spoiler: '72 Moth Truck

Also, these are the new (still being tweaked) dirty tire textures for the '72 Moth Truck

Spoiler: Leadpumper

Spoiler: Monty Carnage

New 'Cracker Super Stoke' Wheels are fitted on the shots below.

Spoiler: Big Dump R

Continued experiments with Substance Painter have yielded some nice results with damage textures. Before, After
07th April 2016:

Auto production has now resumed. Before starting on the next vehicle, I am building (more) period custom wheels, and also trying out Substance Painter. Early experiments with SP have brought about some great results.

Auto production will soon be resuming. The 'Semi MKIII' has been dropped from the build que since it's based off of a Peterbilt that of not too distant relation to the reference used for the official 'Rig O' Mortis' coming in Carmageddon Max Damage. Other heavyweight vehicles will be coming at some point.

18th March 2016: I am taking a break from Auto-Production to clear my head, review a number of old(er) designs I have for various vehicles and consider some potential new designs before resuming Production.

Thanks to Hex1gon & TopDog for their contributions

• Finally made the driver image for the Paralyser Grand Prick - '80s Mullet Guy

• Made minor tweaks to some paint schemes

• Now all that seems to be left is testing, testing and more testing, on top of all the testing that has already been done

• Updated custom wheel Custom Muscle 12 "AM Deluxe"

• Updated specular maps on the '67 Rattler

• Work now left outstanding:

+ Driver Image for the Paralyser Grand Prick

+ Fixing anything else that crops up during testing

• Fixed a long standing suspension compression issue on the '72 Moth Truck

• All extra 3rd party skins (appearing on the Hick Pickup, Hevy Impaler, Paralyser Grand Prick & Monty Carnage) are present and look great

• Revised Ganged Breaks on select body parts for Big Dump R & the Paralyser Trash Em

• Work now left outstanding:

+ Redo of custom wheel 12 "AM Deluxe"

+ Adjustment of specular maps on the '67 Rattler

Spoiler: Older (January) progress updates

• 'GangedBreaks' are being reviewed on Big Dump R & several other cars

• - Specular maps for the '69 Manta & '66 School Bus have been adjusted (again)

• - Following amendments made with regards to the crash mentioned yesterday, Testing resulted in zero crashes so far.

• - Work now left outstanding:

+ More Testing

+ A few extra skins that are being kindly made by a 3rd party

• - It seems that the Pedestrian slicing weapons "Ped_Slice_X, Ped_Slice_Y & Ped_Slice_Z" are causing game crashes, as such these weapons have been removed from any of my cars that were using them. Testing is on-going.

+ There were 3 consecutive game crashes prior to event completion when using a batch of cars with the weapons,

+ Having removed those weapons, 2 Rounds so far with no crashes

• - Minor model updates have been made to the Stodge Barger (primarily for tyre clearance on the fenders)

• - Updated all illuminated light textures using standardised alpha value

• - Added Collision Mesh to The Tipper on Big Dump R

• - Additional skins are in progress

• - Modelled & set-up stock Wheels & Hub Caps for the Stodge Squad Car

• - Added 1 More custom Wheel for all Muscle/Sports Cars

• - Leadpumpers Hub-Caps are now appearing correct in the garage

• - The 3rd Axle on the '72 Moth Truck is now working as it should!!!!! - It was due to the wheels, Hubs, Axles, etc being below the bottom bounds of the collision mesh

• - Updated UI assets for the '72 Moth Truck as a 3 Axle Semi-Truck

- Headlight Material issues

- several additional skins

• - Finished model adjustments for the hood & front clip of the Hick Pickup (moving Panel Gap to where UV seam is)

• - Got the 3rd set of wheels for the '72 Moth Truck showing up correctly in the Menu/garage

• - 3rd Axle on the '72 Moth Truck is still miss-behaving in-game

- Stock Wheels & Hub Caps for the Stodge Squad Car

- 1 More custom Wheel for all Muscle/Sports Cars

- Headlight Material issues

- Issues with the 3rd Axle on the '72 Moth Truck

- several additional skins

- Use Technique to get the extra wheels to show in the garage to get the Leadpumpers Hub-Caps appearing correct in the garage

• - All Specular Maps for paint-work on all 14 vehicles have been re-done

• - Duplicate Triangles on car lights have now been dealt with to an acceptable level

• - 3rd Axle on the '72 Moth Truck is still miss-behaving

• - this mysterious problem with the Paralyser Trash-Em (COM outside any of its world forms) has been found and dealt with.
    Despite the cars Centre of Mass being well above the base of the 'c_Body' and its collision mesh, this error came up because the the Collision meshes lowest edges/faces were above the lowest faces/edges on the actual car body. This was leading to the Trash Em sinking into the ground as if the wheels had fallen off, under extreme deformation or when the plow fell off.

Spoiler: Show Video

23rd December 2015: Now that update #3 is out. I've been messing around with setting up extra axles. The 'Tech Dependant' Trucks are now a step closer.

Spoiler: Video & images

28th November 2015: Sadly the machine that I use for all my texture work and painting work gave up today. After 12 years of Service - 'Trigger One' will be missed. No work has been lost as it's HDD lives on in an external case connected up to 'Trigger Three'. The result is that I am temporarily without any proper means of texture painting. As I was using Corel Photo-Paint - I will have to find a newer version of it to use, so I can resume editing where I left off. However, The Level 3 Tutorial Car is model complete though, and will soon be set-up in-game so I can finish the tutorial, even if It will be without normal/specular maps, damage textures & UI assets for the time being.

- Minor revisions have been made to all released cars, but are not worth uploading at this point as some material tweaks are still on-going.

- Added 'Work In Progress' Section with current WIP - '67 Rattler (Vigilante 8 Rebuild)

26th October 2015: Updates might be made for all currently released vehicles pending testing in Update #2 for C:R. The next vehicle I am working on will not be revealed until after the update.

25th September 2015: Hotfixes for potential problems (that may cause game crashes) on the Stodge Barger, Monty Carnage & Paralyser Trash-Em are under way. Minor revisions have also been made for: '72 Moth Truck, Leadpumper & Hevy Impaler

Spoiler: Revisions /Fixes

Hevy Impaler
  • - Adjusted strength of chassis to body weld

Leadpumper

Monty Carnage

• - Weld on Disc in Ped mincer was missing 'Weld Partner' (Potentially causing game crashes)

Paralyser Trash Em

• - Weld on Front Left Coil Spring was missing 'Weld Partner' (Potentially causing game crashes)

Stodge Barger

• - Weld on one tail light was missing 'Weld Partner' (Potentially causing game crashes)

• - Licence Plate welded to wrong part

'72 Moth Truck

• - Corrected hierarchy & weld partners on several suspension parts

21st September 2015: After Long Enough, The V8's have landed. Updated versions of all Four previously released vehicles ('72 Moth Truck, Leadpumper, Monty Carnage, Big Dump R) & Three new releases (Stodge Barger, Paralyser Trash-Em, Hevy Impaler) are now available below in the Release Section for use in CarMODgeddon.

19th September 2015: After some time away (I've needed a break), I will be uploading the cars using the old material setup for car lights. The old material still works in-game but in the menu - all functional lights will appear bright white. I am presently packaging the cars & looking at my options for distribution.

14th August 2015: I will be holding back releasing all updated versions & new cars until the next game update is out. Lots of recent activity on SteamDB indicates Stainless are gearing up for release of an updated build

18th July 2015: All cars have been upgraded to 2-stage damage textures for windows and are all still being tweaked & improved. Once the updated version of Trents 'Mod Installer N' General Enabler/MINGE' is out and all textures have converted to IMG properly, I can organise the release schedule.

Spoiler: View Trailer

Spoiler: View Video

Spoiler: The Reason for this

I have found the cause of this texture quality issue. It world appear that the newest versions of Carmageddon Reincarnation automatically calculate the 'image quality' (previously selectable by user) based on the amount of Video Ram Available. Subsequently it is selecting lower resolution mip-maps for cars and all other Non VT assets, unless you have lots of VRAM. It seems to either be loading full resolution textures or lowest quality only though.

Original Post: Thanks for the link, I don't have proper software for normal maps at the moment. I'm doing what I can with CorelTexture8, but I usually end up referencing the base texture or a modified version (decals removed with just ridge detail) as the normal map at the moment. I'll add that to the final features list.

Thanks again for the feedback :) You can give the Plow and APC a real Headache with this Rig
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update time...

After taking what has seemed like an eternity to upload, here is the texture fix for all 29 released vehicles

Muscle Cars

"We are the Wild Ones..."

AAW Stinger

Version 1.2

DOWNLOAD HERE

Spoiler: Changes since last release

Version 1.2

- Re-converted ALL textures enabling PBR Flags in-game (textures match PBR originals in Substance Painter)

Fraud Grand Rioter

Version 1.2

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.2

- Re-converted ALL textures enabling PBR Flags in-game (textures match PBR originals in Substance Painter)

Hevy Hell Camino

Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.1

Hevy Monty Carnage

Version 2.6

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 2.6

- Added ridge detail to wheel well trim & rocker panels in Normal Maps

Hevy Sonoma Stocker

Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.1

Paralyser Grand Prick

Version 1.4

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.4

Paralyser Trash Em

Version 1.6

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.6

Stodge Barger

Version 1.6

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.6

Stodge Squad Car ('74)

Version 1.2

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.2

Stodge Squad Car ('78)

Version 1.4

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.4

Full-size Cars

"The Tough Ones..."

Blood Riviera

Version 1.4

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.4

Callahan Cab

Version 1.4

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.4

Hevy Impaler

Version 1.6

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.6

Hick Pickup

Version 1.4

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.4

Leadpumper

Version 3.7

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 3.7

Quarantine Cab

Version 1.3

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.3

Vigilante 8 Rebuilds

"Back to the '70s..."

Vigilantes

'67 Rattler

Version 1.3

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.3

'69 Jefferson

Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.1

'70 Clydesdale

Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.1

'70 Van

Version 1.2

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.2

'72 Moth Truck

Version 3.6

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 3.6

'74 Strider

Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.1

Coyotes

'66 School Bus

Version 1.4

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.4

'69 Manta

Version 1.3

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.3

'70 Stag Pickup

Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.1

'73 Glenn 4x4

Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.1

'75 Palomino

Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.1

'76 Leprechaun

Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.1

Heavyweights

"Heavy Metal Warriors"

Big Dump R

Version 2.5

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 2.5

Version 2.4

- Softened normal map details

'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

The time has finally come... ...It's update time.

Big Stock Update

Attack of the V8s Part I Summer Update

This is a big update to all 14 vehicles that have been previously released for Carmageddon Max Damage. Also two new vehicles have jointed the Muscle Cars: the Hevy Sonoma Stocker, and the Hevy Hell Camino.

To celebrate, here's a new video.

Videos:

Spoiler: Summer Update (VHS Version)

Spoiler: Summer Update (HD Version)

Changes global to all vehicles:

• - Replaced Paint textures with PBR-derived material, vehicles that already had PBR-derived textures have been updated using a better export process

• - New Damage normal maps for vehicle paint-work

• - Updated all Tire textures... again

• - Fixed Trailer Hitch IDs

• - Re-converted all normal maps

• - Removed redundant textures where possible

• - Changed shader & Updated textures for illuminated lights

Changes global to all vehicles except Quarantine Hover Cab

• - Considerable adjustments to vehicle performance
    • Replaced gear ratios & final drive ratios with unique data (based off of real gear ratios from real world base vehicle)

• Changed RPM characteristics

• Increased clutch delay

• Changed grip & traction factors

• Set Suspension pitch & roll factors to be 'Physically Accurate'

• Lowered Damping

• Increased Suspension Give where possible

• Softened Anti-roll bars

• Tweaked Brake Strength (4 wheel disc cars have strongest brakes)

• Tweaked Drag Coefficient

• Increased down-force on cars with Aero Parts

Installation

1. Extract/drag the '.mingebag' file from the .RAR archive onto MINGE

2. Follow the 'Install Mods' Prompt, If it warns of mods that are already installed, choose to keep the 'newest versions'

3. If it prompts about mods already being installed, choose to keep the newest version

4. Once the process is complete, enable the vehicle/s under the 'vehicles' tab

5. Save changes & launch CarMODgeddon

Muscle Cars

"We are the Wild Ones..."

AAW Stinger

Version 1.2

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.2

Fraud Grand Rioter

Version 1.2

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.2

Hevy Hell Camino

Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.1

Hevy Monty Carnage

Version 2.6

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 2.6

- Added ridge detail to wheel well trim & rocker panels in Normal Maps

Hevy Sonoma Stocker

Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.1

Paralyser Grand Prick

Version 1.4

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.4

Paralyser Trash Em

Version 1.6

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.6

Stodge Barger

Version 1.6

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.6

Stodge Squad Car ('74)

Version 1.2

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.2

Stodge Squad Car ('78)

Version 1.4

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.4

Full-size Cars

"The Tough Ones..."

Blood Riviera

Version 1.4

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.4

Callahan Cab

Version 1.4

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.4

Hevy Impaler

Version 1.6

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.6

Hick Pickup

Version 1.4

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.4

Leadpumper

Version 3.7

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 3.7

Quarantine Cab

Version 1.3

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.3

Part II: Vigilante 8 Rebuilds, coming very soon.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Another Big Stock Update

Attack of the V8s Part II - Vigilante 8 Rebuilds

Introducing the complete Vigilante 8 Carpack, consisting of the re-release of the four Vigilante 8 vehicles that were previously released for Reincarnation, plus the release of the other 8 vehicles from Vigilante 8.

To celebrate, here's a new video.

Videos:

Spoiler: Attack of the V8s Part 2 Vigilante 8 Rebuilds (VHS Version)

Spoiler: Attack of the V8s Part 2 Vigilante 8 Rebuilds (HD Version)

Changes to the vehicles previously released for CR:

See the individual 'Changes since last release' for the '67 Rattler, '69 Manta, '72 Moth Truck & '66 School Bus for the exact change logs. As there have been a lot of changes.

Installation

1. Extract/drag the '.mingebag' file from the .RAR archive onto MINGE

2. Follow the 'Install Mods' Prompt, If it warns of mods that are already installed, choose to keep the 'newest versions'

3. If it prompts about mods already being installed, choose to keep the newest version

4. Once the process is complete, enable the vehicle/s under the 'vehicles' tab

5. Save changes & launch CarMODgeddon

Vigilante 8 Rebuilds

"Back to the '70s..."

Vigilantes

'67 Rattler

Version 1.3

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.3

'69 Jefferson

Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.1

'70 Clydesdale

Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.1

'70 Van

Version 1.2

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.2

'72 Moth Truck

Version 3.6

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 3.6

'74 Strider

Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.1

Coyotes

'66 School Bus

Version 1.4

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.4

'69 Manta

Version 1.3

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.3

'70 Stag Pickup

Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.1

'73 Glenn 4x4

Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.1

'75 Palomino

Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.1

'76 Leprechaun

Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.1

Heavyweights

"Heavy Metal Warriors"

Big Dump R

Version 2.5

DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 2.5

Version 2.4

- Softened normal map details

LittleBabyman
mechanic

Post by LittleBabyman »

This is the day I've been waiting for a long time. You absolute madman actually did it. I really bloody appreciate your effort.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Thanks 80s Time Warp for assembling them all in one place. I think I missed the "escort" in my batch.

PS welcome back.

Check who’s online