Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Faye Pratcam footage

This forum gathers all the official activity that accompanied the revival.
shane
Stainless

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by shane »

Back in June we released some footage from the Stainless archive that was for our Kickstarter backers. With another loud fanfare, I can proudly present this footage to everyone!

Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
Warning
driver

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by Warning »

How the times have changed, eh? :P
Mother Trucker
turbo bastard

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by Mother Trucker »

What? Are you wasting time publishing a old thing but this time for everyone? There is no justice...
Warning
driver

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by Warning »

Mother Trucker wrote:What? Are you wasting time publishing a old thing but this time for everyone? There is no justice...
It was already posted in June. So they took a few minutes to share something that Carma dedicants might find interesting, who cares? I doubt it'll cause all game development to cease, and, if anything, it's a nice insight into the creation of a feature that helps define Carmageddon.
stygimoloch
motorised death

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by stygimoloch »

This being posted doesn't cost you anything. Just because KS backers get something first doesn't mean other people shouldn't get it eventually.
Mother Trucker
turbo bastard

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by Mother Trucker »

It's just a strategy to take much time as possible, the reason of my disagreement...

They filled us of huge and important updates 'til the end of the KS Campaign, after that... What else?

Summer Vacations? Ok...
Warning
driver

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by Warning »

Mother Trucker wrote:It's just a strategy to take much time as possible, the reason of my disagreement...

They filled us of huge and important updates 'til the end of the KS Campaign, after that... What else?

Summer Vacations? Ok...
That's a load of hogwash. One person uploading one video (If it wasn't already hidden on YouTube) is a five minute job at most, that's not going to put a six month dent in game production. They updated so much during Kickstater funding because they had a deadline to meet and needed to boost funds to carry on production. And now they have the money and they've started to crack on with the job so silence is, frankly, golden, because it means they're hard at work.
stygimoloch
motorised death

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by stygimoloch »

You think they're trying to take as much time as possible? Jesus. The process of game development does that on its own perfectly well, without the developers actively trying to make it take longer.

Think about it this way: every day that Carmageddon isn't released is costing Stainless money. Why would they have some conspiracy to stretch out the development if it's losing them money?
AlexTSK
mindless

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by AlexTSK »

Moving swiftly along from Mother Truckers trolololing, I'm happy to be able to see this! Sadly my credit card isn't accepted by paypal or kickstarter (one of amazing the perks of living in South Africa ._.) so I wasn't able to contribute, oh well, you guys will still get my money when the game releases :) Faye really did not look 15 then, how many other actors did you guys audition for Die Anna?
Mother Trucker
turbo bastard

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by Mother Trucker »

I don't think that working very hard is a good reason to forget updates... We need a bit more of respect as backers and users, right?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Don't always be so pushy and aggressive, MT.

Here it's just our good friend Shane sharing a video with the rest of us.

If you want quality updates, give Stainless enough time to progress on their project :)

It's their job you know, they're making a living out it, so they know what they're doing etc.

Nothing to do with being disrespectful towards backers or anyone, by the way.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Mother Trucker
turbo bastard

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by Mother Trucker »

Toshiba-3 wrote:Don't always be so pushy and aggressive, MT.

Here it's just our good friend Shane sharing a video with the rest of us.

If you want quality updates, give Stainless enough time to progress on their project :)

It's their job you know, they're making a living out it, so they know what they're doing etc.

Nothing to do with being disrespectful towards backers or anyone, by the way.

Ok...
nesrulz
pedestrian

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by nesrulz »

Nice video! :)
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

where is the video with tony, i believe somewhere in the kickstarter campaign it was mentioned the whiplash video was going to be released.
karpuz
driver

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by karpuz »

Shit thats so awesome Faye Morey is n1 like a boss !
uraganotkirki
mechanic

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by uraganotkirki »

Everything I can say about the footage would surely be illegal in most civilized countries.

So to put it simply: she's gorgeous. Great, one-of-a-kind footage.

In other news: don't be pricks, enjoy the vid.
CORPSE PARTY
driver

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by CORPSE PARTY »

Ok, so what is this? Ah, its about 'I donated 25 bucks or more so I can boss around stainless developers not doing their job." Yeah sure. If I kickstart 10k yeah, I 'll probably get involve and see what's going on but not to the extent I will complain like I'm the boss or something. It's voluntary and they are working what we want to play and what we are not good at which is coding games. Anyone, and including myself should not act as if we own them. I'm not typing this to kiss stainless asses or make them feel good. This is just my personal opinion. If you work as a developer and I tell you not to take vacations cuz i donated 25 bucks, how do you feel? They need fun and vacations too like us, don't stress them out >_<

Well, that's all. To me the only problem about the developers is that they don't put too much blood and gore to the old carma games. I hope they fix this sad issue and make the gore meter overboard. \m/
Nisei
hit n run

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by Nisei »

You're wrong corpse party. You're saying 1 person funding $10.000 should have more to say than 1.000 people funding $10. Why?

Fact is, they've received over half a million dollars from over 15.000 people. So because the amount of money is spread over so many people means "we" don't have the right to say what we'd like?

Yes, the 15.000 backers do own this game (in theory) but because of how kickstarter works the funders don't have much to say at all.

Imagine 1 company (or individual) had backed this project for over $600.000

Would you expect that company/person to say: "hey, do whatever you like guys, it's your money now" ?
farellfoxx
driver

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by farellfoxx »

Love ya; Faye!

She was quite the looker... It looks like she had fun. I'm sure they all did; and Carmageddon was better for it!
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Faye Pratcam footage

Post by Razor »

farellfoxx wrote:Carmageddon was better for it!
Indeed, the prat cam was and still is a really unique feature.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk

Check who’s online