Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

physical rewards- $150 level

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
soschronotek
pedestrian

Post by soschronotek »

when can we expect to start getting our physical rewards??? no one responds to emails I have sent :(
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

Hi soschronotek,

We're currently in the process of scheduling the remaining physical rewards for Backers. Please keep an eye out on Kickstarter for future updates regarding this.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
T-Bounce
pedestrian

Post by T-Bounce »

Any news already on the physical rewards shipment? I backed for 150$ and still nothing received :(
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

No, no updates.

All I know is that the miniature cars are off the lists, but then again that doesn't have much to do with the rewards not being sent out.

This was posted 2 weeks ago;

Hi guys, apologies for the lack of communication with regards to the remaining physical rewards you're waiting for. I'm afraid I don't have any new updates to provide and we're still finalising our plans for sending them out. As soon as we have more information we'll let you know.
Suicide Clyde
hit n run

Post by Suicide Clyde »

Fireman wrote:No, no updates.

All I know is that the miniature cars are off the lists, but then again that doesn't have much to do with the rewards not being sent out.

This was posted 2 weeks ago;

Since when did they kill the cars and what is being put in as a replacement?
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

It was quite a while ago. The reason behind it was that when they relieved them the cars were such poor quality they would literally broke apart when held, let alone individually shipped around the world. They tried to get then replaced, but the company they ordered them from went bankrupt, no doubt because they sold such shoddy products. All the money spent on them was wasted.

There's been some discussion that they might replace them with physical copies of all the comics but nothing has been confirmed yet.
a.k.a. Brent
Suicide Clyde
hit n run

Post by Suicide Clyde »

Thanks for the info Trent! Your the man!
T-Bounce
pedestrian

Post by T-Bounce »

When are we finally gonna receive our stuff??? I backed for 150$ !!!

$150

KICK IN THE BOX: It’s the one everyone’s been waiting for! The GAME. On a DVD. In a BOX! We’ve done the math and it will only slightly bankrupt us. We’re adding the boxed game with the manual and game on a printed DVD in as a $150 level Reward. If anyone who pledged $350 wants to drop their pledge to $150 as a result, then please feel free! If anyone currently going for the t-shirt or bumper sticker level rewards wants to swap their pledge to the boxed game offer, now’s your chance. (+Previous Rewards below $150) (At $350 level, you’ll get all three $150 Reward offers.)

Estimated delivery: Feb 2013

Hope I will get a reply now

It's already 2016 now ... And still no physical stuff received :(
Rodrighazzo
pedestrian

Post by Rodrighazzo »

These were posted 4 months ago:

we could release it any time and Steam would patch it, but we really want the boxed game to be the "final final" one, plus getting it organised is another whole lot of work
Plans are being finalised for posting out physical rewards, and more news on this will follow very soon.
2 months ago:

Kickstarter Rewards

Plans are still being finalised for posting out physical rewards, and more news on this will follow very soon. Thanks for bearing with us on this – good things come to those who wait (as you guys are well aware..!).
We need to wait.
T-Bounce
pedestrian

Post by T-Bounce »

OK waiting we shall :D
UncleBAZINGA
pedestrian

Post by UncleBAZINGA »

I'm also a (slacker) backer via PP on the 150$ pledge level and still waiting for my physical rewards... very shoddy and not expected as I would've thought of Stainless Steel. I hope we'll get our stuff sooner than later in 2016!
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

UncleBAZINGA wrote:I'm also a (slacker) backer via PP on the 150$ pledge level and still waiting for my physical rewards... very shoddy and not expected as I would've thought of Stainless Steel. I hope we'll get our stuff sooner than later in 2016!
2016? Ouch, that's asking a lot man!
T-Bounce
pedestrian

Post by T-Bounce »

Still no news yet?? We can't wait forever ...
tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

"Posted by Stainless Games

Today we announced the news that Carmageddon: Max Damage will be released on consoles in mid 2016. We hope you’re as excited as us at the prospect of Carmageddon reaching a wider audience through console, and even better, when Carmageddon: Max Damage is released on PC you will automatically get it too. Yes, that’s another Carmageddon in your Steam library – for free!

However we wanted to make it clear that this news has no bearing on your Kickstarter goods, and that if you have not already received them, you can still expect them as planned. 75% of our backers have already received all their rewards, but we want to apologise again to remaining backers and explain the delay. Issues with the PC release meant that at the point we’d previously been expecting to organise and ship the last of the Kickstarter rewards, all our attention was instead diverted to the game. We also had to find a replacement for the model cars as they were of very poor quality, so we are in the process of finalising an exclusive Carmageddon comic book. We’re also working on a deal for the boxed game – which was the main item delaying the final shipment of rewards.

We understand the delay in sending out these remaining rewards has been frustrating for you and we’re very aware of our responsibility to Kickstarter backers. We don’t intend to let you down, and hope you will continue to be patient with us for a few more months until we can send out your well-deserved rewards"

This news was posted the 22/02/2016 on kickstarter ... they need to finish CMD on PC first (no release date right now), and then they will send the rewards ... we will got a complete game (CMD).
Dave3d
hit n run

Post by Dave3d »

And C:MD is out.

Were is the rewards post now?
CORPSE PARTY
driver

Post by CORPSE PARTY »

Me too I haven't receive anything. I got some old accounts way back in kickstarter that I lost from waiting so long to the point I don't even know what I've donated for. And I also know CMD will also be released in linux steam machine hopefully after 2 decades from now.

CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

dam the phys. rewards are suicid.
Tearlow
pedestrian

Post by Tearlow »

2017 and I have still yet to see my little miniatures... Seriously guys? I backed back in 2013 and It's been 4... FOUR years now...
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Tearlow wrote:2017 and I have still yet to see my little miniatures... Seriously guys? I backed back in 2013 and It's been 4... FOUR years now...
What miniatures? the 3D printed eagles? where were you last 4 years?
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

Fireman wrote:
UncleBAZINGA wrote:I'm also a (slacker) backer via PP on the 150$ pledge level and still waiting for my physical rewards... very shoddy and not expected as I would've thought of Stainless Steel. I hope we'll get our stuff sooner than later in 2016!

2016? Ouch, that's asking a lot man!

Oh man wasn't I FUNNY ONE YEAR AGO.

Ha... ha.. /suicide.
Tearlow
pedestrian

Post by Tearlow »

CzechDeath wrote:
Tearlow wrote:2017 and I have still yet to see my little miniatures... Seriously guys? I backed back in 2013 and It's been 4... FOUR years now...

Yes? Not sure what you're trying to get at?
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Tearlow wrote:
CzechDeath wrote:

You have missed some crucial info, by not being here. The eagles were a mess. Company that Stainless hired to make them, fucked them up to the point that they could not send them to KS backers and then bankrupted.

It was disscussed several times already here on forums. Long story short - the eagles are not happenineg ever =| I know it sux, I was looking forward to them aswel along with hundereds of others.
Tearlow
pedestrian

Post by Tearlow »

CzechDeath wrote:
Tearlow wrote:
CzechDeath wrote:

You have missed some crucial info, by not being here. The eagles were a mess. Company that Stainless hired to make them, fucked them up to the point that they could not send them to KS backers and then bankrupted.

It was disscussed several times already here on forums. Long story short - the eagles are not happenineg ever =| I know it sux, I was looking forward to them aswel along with hundereds of others.

That bloody blows! T'was but the only reason I picked the $150 tier to begin with! But I suppose in the end it helped with the development so not all in vain. Still sucks though. Are we able to get hold of the models for printing ourselves somewhere? Perhaps even the in-game model for download (3D max to render some nice shots on my own)?

If nothing else I know now for good or bad so thanks for that!
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

I know Harmalarm made some paper fold models of cars, but they do not look anything like the miniatures as seen on the Kickstarter page.

You can find the paper models here;

https://harm.cwaboard.co.uk/frames/papermodels.html
Wolfhart
pedestrian

Post by Wolfhart »

*tumbleweed*
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

We got a tumbleweed?

FINALLY SOMETHING PHYSICAL I CAN GRASP
Judicator
mechanic

Post by Judicator »

Can somwone update me?

What's going on with the kick in the box tier physical rewards?
Fireman
motorised death

Post by Fireman »

They are uh.. waiting for.. uh... some volunteers who will take their own trucks and pay for their own fuel while driving around packages around the world.

This is to safe shipping costs, but they haven't found any volunteers yet. Word has it that once fuel is no longer required and we can travel at lightspeed, some volunteers might emerge.

shane wrote:Hi guys,

Apologies for the delay in responding to this thread. We are still committed to sending out the rewards for all our Kickstarter Backers. With Carmageddon: Max Damage now out we are working on organising the boxed version of the game. We already have the majority of the rewards in our office and just need to source the outstanding items so we can send them out in one go to keep our shipping costs to a minimum. As soon as we have more solid information to provide you about when you'll receive the outstanding items we'll let you know via a Kickstarter update.

These were the latest lies spread at the end of last year.
Judicator
mechanic

Post by Judicator »

Fireman wrote:They are uh.. waiting for.. uh... some volunteers who will take their own trucks and pay for their own fuel while driving around packages around the world.

This is to safe shipping costs, but they haven't found any volunteers yet. Word has it that once fuel is no longer required and we can travel at lightspeed, some volunteers might emerge.

shane wrote:Hi guys,

Apologies for the delay in responding to this thread. We are still committed to sending out the rewards for all our Kickstarter Backers. With Carmageddon: Max Damage now out we are working on organising the boxed version of the game. We already have the majority of the rewards in our office and just need to source the outstanding items so we can send them out in one go to keep our shipping costs to a minimum. As soon as we have more solid information to provide you about when you'll receive the outstanding items we'll let you know via a Kickstarter update.

These were the latest lies spread at the end of last year.

Ah...

OK, thanks.

Well I heard there's someone experimenting with using drones for deliveries, so, yeah, you can nver tell, I guess...
sesam
pedestrian

Post by sesam »

The wait has been so long, I don't really no longer even care about the physical items other than the t-shirt. At this point in time it would just be better to ship out some random items you have in stock and call it a day, that would at least be better than nothing. I would rather take like three t-shirts now than keep waiting for the physical items, I assume stuff that are sold in the official store are not shipped years after ordering them x)
Wolfhart
pedestrian

Post by Wolfhart »

Maybe they are waiting for 75% of the backers to completely forget about what they are missing to save on shipping costs.
Licky Webster
driver

Post by Licky Webster »

I honestly doubt we'll be seeing these rewards.

They are probably just not financially able to supply them, otherwise we would already have them.

The worst part about this whole thing is the silent treatment.
Thurym
pedestrian

Post by Thurym »

"not financially able"..

don't know about that. they could say "We'll have to drop some of the promises", but since part of it is "a USB-stick containing what you already have", if even that is too expensive ...

I've backed for 150€, since I really wanted the old-school boxed game DVD, just to complete my collection.

If they can have Max Damage (the game after Reincarnation) boxed for PS in stores, they can at least have the game pressed (as promised) for those who payed 150€ for it ....

really had high hopes for it :(
Mintydog
hit n run

Post by Mintydog »

I've been away for a very long time what the hell is going on with the rewards?

If they can't honour them, they should tell us and find some way to reward us.
Chainsawbot
pedestrian

Post by Chainsawbot »

Yeah, honestly even an acknowledgement would be preferable. Not a "prostrate thyself before thy backers" apology, but some sort of admission that, yes, we were going to do this thing but aren't able to.

Instead the only announcements are for new mobile bastardizations. Give us more money for these asset reuses, 'cmooon!

Check who’s online