Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

You know what bothers me the most...

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Nem
pedestrian

Post by Nem »

As I play this lifeless and abandoned shell of a game, enjoying it still mind you; far far away across space and time beyond the boundries of our universe, there is a parallel universe where Carma is the most popular Car game on the market. Stainless are the Devs to beat in racing, Carma gets Bi-weekly content updates such as new cars, maps, skins and modes, it has a huge E-sports following and it's thriving with 10,000s of players.

And yet, I don't live in that universe. Why?
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

If there's one thing I wouldn't want for Carmageddon is to be an esports game, that brings around all sorts of other problems with it.

Why we don't live in that universe? There are many reasons a few main ones being that game didn't sell as well as well as Stainless had thought, and that in itself had many reasons. its all pointless to talk about now and whats done is done.
Nem
pedestrian

Post by Nem »

AlexTSK wrote:If there's one thing I wouldn't want for Carmageddon is to be an esports game, that brings around all sorts of other problems with it.

Why we don't live in that universe? There are many reasons a few main ones being that game didn't sell as well as well as Stainless had thought, and that in itself had many reasons. its all pointless to talk about now and whats done is done.

Really just a joke thread to be honest. I just hope it's not the end of the Carma franchise in general and Stainless step back, recognise their mistakes/shortfalls here and come back with something great.

...If they still exist.
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Oh I see, its hard to tell on the internets.

Early this year Patrick was on a podcast saying that they are 'prototyping' something to do with Carmageddon so fingers crossed.
Nem
pedestrian

Post by Nem »

AlexTSK wrote:Oh I see, its hard to tell on the internets.

Early this year Patrick was on a podcast saying that they are 'prototyping' something to do with Carmageddon so fingers crossed.

Nice one! I'll keep an eye and ear out for that.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Post by MrDeviance »

Nem wrote:As I play this lifeless and abandoned shell of a game, enjoying it still mind you; far far away across space and time beyond the boundries of our universe, there is a parallel universe where Carma is the most popular Car game on the market. Stainless are the Devs to beat in racing, Carma gets Bi-weekly content updates such as new cars, maps, skins and modes, it has a huge E-sports following and it's thriving with 10,000s of players.

Is that the same universe where command and conquer games are still thriving under the very rich and influential Westwood studios with sequels to Red Alert, Tiberian Incursion, Command and Conquer: Continuum and where Duke Nukem is very loved and popular and 3dRealms just announced a third sequel to the very successful Duke Nukem Forever?

Same universe where Alien Isolation 2, Half-Life 5, Silent Hills 3 and StarWars 1313's sequel just got announced and where Id Software is still making very successful Doom and Quake sequels with it's entire old team intact (Romero included)?

Same place where James Cameron is at his 6th successful terminator movie that perfectly ties in with Terminator 1 and 2 and keeps the entire cast from the first 2 movies intact, instead of working since a decade at those lousy shitty Avatar sequels?

Sad to inform you but that's the universe where the old world order is still in effect, unlike here where the new world order is being installed...

In that universe we already have flying cars and cancer is no longer a problem in the world from what I understand.

As for consoles, Sony failed big time with the ps3, it never took off with that huge price it launched at and Microsoft never bothered to release an xbox 360 after seeing how big Sony's failure was, they just decided to invest those money in the development of Windows Vista and made it an actually good os for gaming eventually being proud enough of it to actually rename it Windows Longhorn, thus leading to Crysis 2 being pc only and pc gaming continued to push the graphics envelope where it had already reached photorealism by 2012 due to game development not being kept back by the limitations of those consoles that never were.

I know that universe, it's cool... You should visit it sometime... There's no Feminist movement there, no Black Lives Matter movement, no invasion of europe by immigrants and no soy boys infesting the planet and LGBT continues to remain a term that very few people have heard about or know what it stands for.
Sleep Dirt
hit n run

Post by Sleep Dirt »

The old world, where my dreams of the 'new Carmageddon' out weighed what reality would deliver, before the Marxist Communist noose around Europe's neck became fully evident, before the barbaric paedophilia cult became 'the religion of peace', before everyone I knew became leftist SJW's.

I dig it MrDeviance, it's been great watching you hammer Carma SJW's.
The Ocean Is the Ultimate Solution.
Nem
pedestrian

Post by Nem »

MrDeviance wrote:
Nem wrote:As I play this lifeless and abandoned shell of a game, enjoying it still mind you; far far away across space and time beyond the boundries of our universe, there is a parallel universe where Carma is the most popular Car game on the market. Stainless are the Devs to beat in racing, Carma gets Bi-weekly content updates such as new cars, maps, skins and modes, it has a huge E-sports following and it's thriving with 10,000s of players.

Is that the same universe where command and conquer games are still thriving under the very rich and influential Westwood studios with sequels to Red Alert, Tiberian Incursion, Command and Conquer: Continuum and where Duke Nukem is very loved and popular and 3dRealms just announced a third sequel to the very successful Duke Nukem Forever?

Same universe where Alien Isolation 2, Half-Life 5, Silent Hills 3 and StarWars 1313's sequel just got announced and where Id Software is still making very successful Doom and Quake sequels with it's entire old team intact (Romero included)?

Same place where James Cameron is at his 6th successful terminator movie that perfectly ties in with Terminator 1 and 2 and keeps the entire cast from the first 2 movies intact, instead of working since a decade at those lousy shitty Avatar sequels?

Sad to inform you but that's the universe where the old world order is still in effect, unlike here where the new world order is being installed...

In that universe we already have flying cars and cancer is no longer a problem in the world from what I understand.

As for consoles, Sony failed big time with the ps3, it never took off with that huge price it launched at and Microsoft never bothered to release an xbox 360 after seeing how big Sony's failure was, they just decided to invest those money in the development of Windows Vista and made it an actually good os for gaming eventually being proud enough of it to actually rename it Windows Longhorn, thus leading to Crysis 2 being pc only and pc gaming continued to push the graphics envelope where it had already reached photorealism by 2012 due to game development not being kept back by the limitations of those consoles that never were.

I know that universe, it's cool... You should visit it sometime... There's no Feminist movement there, no Black Lives Matter movement, no invasion of europe by immigrants and no soy boys infesting the planet and LGBT continues to remain a term that very few people have heard about or know what it stands for.

lol probably, I couldn't care less for movements or politics in the universe we live in because it's all scripted shit and nonsense. Just a world where I could play Carma with content updates and a healthy playerbase without all the whining, controversy and other shit.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

I came to figure out we are just too old for games.

Multiplayer is now the thing, Carmageddon is a ghost of the past, it could never be successful, Nor could duke, and I am shocked that doom did well?

But let's face it Now the top games are a battle royale, and any big online thing, even GTA threw away all their future content and focused online

So I now I tend to just play simulators and 20 year old games, while I think about how fun the past was when I first got into the whole gaming thing.

heh nowdays you can get in hot water for having too much of a 'sexy' game character.

the 90s are long gone, Welcome to a world where the vast majority of games are designed to appeal to people 15 years younger than us. it just can't work now. making a Carmageddon game to appeal to us old time players would not be profitable, and making one for the current generation of players would not be Carmageddon. so lets see where things go from here.

also can't believe I agree with Mr D on something :/

that universe is cool, Where being gay is still normal and mainstream before it went all... weird.

so if in the multiverse theory everything is possible, that means somewhere out there. I have as much money as bill gates and have commissioned a Carmageddon game that does not even need to make profits.... cool.

Check who’s online