Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Helo's Brand New "Oldschool" C2 Addons

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

Welcome to Helo's little workshop,
Where we still make 'em like they used to!

That's all I've got for now, hopefully more to come.
Last edited by helomyname on Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:13 am, edited 20 times in total.
Mastro 666
motorised death

Re: Helo's Brand New "Oldschool" C2 Addons

Post by Mastro 666 »

Welcome! :beer:

:twisted:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Great job once again helo :beer: Feels very vanilla.
BTW, you made a typo in the INTRFACE folder in the release zip (INTERFACE instead of INTRFACE, classic)
Attachments
Carma2_HW 2020-05-23 16-55-37-88.jpg
Carma2_HW 2020-05-23 16-55-37-88.jpg (103.65 KiB) Viewed 8710 times
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

Hello again! It's been a while but I am back with some updated old links as well as a new release in the OP. Shredlight!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Great job.
Thought to myself that the SHELL model could have benefited from tweaked smoothing groups here and there but if you're going for a real C2 base car setup maybe it's ok like that (unsure stainless 3d artists knew that BRender supports smoothing groups -or even what they were).
You can remove the PIX16 folders from your zip release, C2 recreates them automatically.
Friendly reminder Wasted! is there to host such files if you haven't got dedicated webspace.
shred.jpg
shred.jpg (138.87 KiB) Viewed 7646 times
Mastro 666
motorised death

Post by Mastro 666 »

Gibtastico!

helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

Toshiba-3 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:00 pm Great job.
Thought to myself that the SHELL model could have benefited from tweaked smoothing groups here and there but if you're going for a real C2 base car setup maybe it's ok like that (unsure stainless 3d artists knew that BRender supports smoothing groups -or even what they were).
You can remove the PIX16 folders from your zip release, C2 recreates them automatically.
Friendly reminder Wasted! is there to host such files if you haven't got dedicated webspace.
Thank you! i will remember about the PIX folder. I am not sure how Wasted uploads work honestly I never even downloaded from there :v It seems none of the cars have any images?
Mastro 666 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:03 pm Gibtastico!
:beer:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

helomyname wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:36 pmI am not sure how Wasted uploads work honestly I never even downloaded from there :v It seems none of the cars have any images?
There aren't many files yet, the whole thing isn't finished yet. However its point is to make sure files stay available as time has shown download links from free hosts (even google/onedrive/etc) are unreliable in the long term.
You should be able to upload your file from the upload button in that section. Images are added afterward (no idea why the thumbnail from the initial upload doesn't display) by clicking on the images button in that file page.
Far from perfect at the time being, but it works. Must commission changes from the plugin's authors once I figure what exactly is needed.
helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

Two new cars have joined the fun. Bigdaddy and Countslash! Download in the OP
Toshiba-3 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:35 pm Images are added afterward (no idea why the thumbnail from the initial upload doesn't display) by clicking on the images button in that file page.
Far from perfect at the time being, but it works. Must commission changes from the plugin's authors once I figure what exactly is needed.
Interesting, once the page gets up and running with previews of the cars working right i will try to upload there
Mastro 666
motorised death

Post by Mastro 666 »

Now convert the Lost Heaven Racing Circuit to C2. :lol:

helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

Mastro 666 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:03 am Now convert the Lost Heaven Racing Circuit to C2. :lol:
I think you are more capable of that than me :wink:

I added a new car for download, KVN Toucan!

Jaw_Breaker
driver

Post by Jaw_Breaker »

Great selection of lore-friendly add-on vehicles! :cool: :thumbsup:
Discord: SDY2205#3474
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Great stuff, steering a bit away from the C2 spec with the mapping and detailing.
Gave the android version of the countslash texture a try, barely changes a thing thanks to the RGB565 color degradation. Personaly think it's a bit of a waste to have 5 256x256 duplicates because of the light smash and funks.
Attachments
kvn.jpg
kvn.jpg (75.48 KiB) Viewed 6622 times
daddy.jpg
daddy.jpg (143.17 KiB) Viewed 6622 times
kutter_giz.jpg
kutter_giz.jpg (124.37 KiB) Viewed 6622 times
helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

Toshiba-3 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:53 pm Great stuff, steering a bit away from the C2 spec with the mapping and detailing.
Gave the android version of the countslash texture a try, barely changes a thing thanks to the RGB565 color degradation. Personaly think it's a bit of a waste to have 5 256x256 duplicates because of the light smash and funks.
Thank you, glad you like it! Yeah, I couldnt really figure out another way of doing the smashy smashies on that. I'll try a different approach next time of seperating that part of the texture into another one for the next car.
Jaw_Breaker wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:34 pm Great selection of lore-friendly add-on vehicles! :cool: :thumbsup:
:beer:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New Release in the OP - Red Devil! take this long lost Carmageddon car for a spin today. happy new year

By the way, if somebody has any suggestion how to make my main page more compact, I'm all ears... All this scrolling is getting a bit much :s
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Carmageddon II 04-01-24 23_19_11.jpg
Carmageddon II 04-01-24 23_19_11.jpg (98.05 KiB) Viewed 3553 times
helomyname wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:38 pmBy the way, if somebody has any suggestion how to make my main page more compact
You could have a simple list you update in the first post with release date+name+link to release post. Every time you add a release in this topic you also add an entry in that list.
helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

Mean shot you got there Tosh! Love it
Toshiba-3 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:37 pm You could have a simple list you update in the first post with release date+name+link to release post. Every time you add a release in this topic you also add an entry in that list.
I could do that, but I'm a sucker for a gallery style display where you can see everything... I'll keep thinking. In the meantime, a new car joins the competition. Killer Kitty! Now available.
sonofham
driver

Post by sonofham »

helomyname

I don't know but I was racing around in Stella Stunner's Electric Blue(C1) Android Funsize and for whatever reason the headlights on her car reminded me of Pussy Lagore's headlights on her car and your version for C2.
helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

sonofham wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:38 pm Electric Blue(C1) Android Funsize and for whatever reason the headlights on her car reminded me of Pussy Lagore's headlights on her car and your version for C2.
I can see that, they made the headlight shape round in the Funsize version instead of the square ish originals.

A new TDR2000 challenger appears - Da Panzer now available for download
Lince DJ
driver

Post by Lince DJ »

Quick test up with Da Panzer, holy big strong thing OMG!! :swheel:
Juicy Nicey Job!! :beer: :twisted:

Cant embed the video but link to the preview, hard funny (not than funny for the opponents) later i update here with some screenshots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H90rjS94VPk :slol:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Cool stuff. Just thought the rear of the kitty was quite hires in comparison to the other textures (higher texel density).
Attachments
Carmageddon II 12-01-24 21_05_23.jpg
Carmageddon II 12-01-24 21_05_23.jpg (102.68 KiB) Viewed 3234 times
Carmageddon II 12-01-24 21_01_05.jpg
Carmageddon II 12-01-24 21_01_05.jpg (115.38 KiB) Viewed 3234 times
helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

Lince DJ wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:18 am Quick test up with Da Panzer, holy big strong thing OMG!! :swheel:
Juicy Nicey Job!! :beer: :twisted:
Cant embed the video but link to the preview, hard funny (not than funny for the opponents) later i update here with some screenshots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H90rjS94VPk :slol:
Thank you! I love that video, the little tank getting crushed by the big one made me laugh when i saw it! :lol: looking forward to your screenshots
Toshiba-3 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:14 pm Cool stuff. Just thought the rear of the kitty was quite hires in comparison to the other textures (higher texel density).
Interesting, i don't really pay much attention to that so it didnt jump out at me, I'm guessing most of my mods have issues like these :oops: Hope you still enjoy though. Also thank you so much for remastering my post, i love it now!

And with that being said here is a new release - returning from C1 and remodeled and remastered for C2 - Merciless Cullwing!
now available for download in my new and rather awesome looking original post! :cool:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Great remake
Attachments
Carmageddon II 13-01-24 14_44_23.jpg
Carmageddon II 13-01-24 14_44_23.jpg (78.4 KiB) Viewed 3124 times
Carmageddon II 13-01-24 14_45_53.jpg
Carmageddon II 13-01-24 14_45_53.jpg (100.24 KiB) Viewed 3124 times
helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

Toshiba-3 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:51 pmGreat remake
Thank you :grin:

New release - slightly remastered Bugutti from Splat Pack! Now available to download at the original post.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Oh, I would have thought you'd recreate those gradients without the dithering to get closer to the C2 texture style (or then a 16bit color depth dithering if you wanted to keep the aspect).
Is the minimum turning circle set to 2 intentional? I don't actually know much about cars, but I thought old cars could steer much more than that. You've set very weird friction angles by the way. It all seems to work though.
Cool C2-feature-complete port.
Attachments
Sans titre-1.jpg
Sans titre-1.jpg (147.56 KiB) Viewed 2522 times
helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

Toshiba-3 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:33 pm Oh, I would have thought you'd recreate those gradients without the dithering to get closer to the C2 texture style
I thought the original textures were quite charming, so i kept them as they were
Toshiba-3 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:33 pm Is the minimum turning circle set to 2 intentional? I don't actually know much about cars, but I thought old cars could steer much more than that. You've set very weird friction angles by the way. It all seems to work though.
It is intentional, no matter what I did the car exhibited weird crabwalking behaviours and reducing the turning circle made it less noticable, its the best I could do to make it handle like a car. Im sure old cars can turn much better than this but i guess it is what it is :lol: But maybe it is the friction angles which are actually to blame for the crabwalking though :crazy:
Toshiba-3 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:33 pm Cool C2-feature-complete port.
Thank you :beer:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Here's the setup I'd personaly do with this car and its long wheel base. I understand this might not entirely be to your liking but it might give you ideas.
To make it have more opportunities to turn -- esp. at speed, I put the center of mass more toward the front and swapped the traction multiplier between front and rear wheels. If that value has any effect on non-driven wheels, then it'll reduce slipping for the front wheels. I also made the friction angles wider front and rear. Minimum turning circle to 0.5 but I don't think it can reach that.
To make the physics more at ease (the whole car 'vibrates' and even makes the camera shake), I made the AMP bigger, elevated the bounding box and doubled the suspension gives. Did you set that last value to 0.005 to reduce the wheels going through the fenders?
Attachments
SPBUG.txt
(9.4 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

Toshiba-3 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:37 pm Here's the setup I'd personaly do with this car and its long wheel base.
Wow this really does drive quite nicely! Good job on this setup Tosh it is a good alternative to those who dont like my "brick" approach. Definitely reccomend this setup to someone who wants a more agile Bugutti :smile:
Toshiba-3 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:37 pm Did you set that last value to 0.005 to reduce the wheels going through the fenders?
Yep that is exactly why i did it -the wheels clipping through fenders bothered me a lot.
helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

Tropi-Kill is now available to download. A bit of carnage from the newest entry, but retro-style!

helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

New release - Thummper from TDR2000!

Jaw_Breaker
driver

Post by Jaw_Breaker »

Great job as always! :cool: :thumbsup:
Discord: SDY2205#3474
helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

Jaw_Breaker wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:30 am Great job as always! :cool: :thumbsup:
Thank you appreciate it :)
New release - SXE Black Hatch from TDR2000!
helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

New release - Stodge Barger from Splat Pack! Now for C2.

also updated the download link for SXE Black Hatch, small oversight in the WAM meant that only one of the two front fenders could detach. Now both work as they should :)
helomyname
turbo bastard

Post by helomyname »

New release - Rot Rod from Carmageddon PSX!
Originally by Razor back in 2020 alongside his other PSX conversions but it was never completed. Now finished up by me with Razor's blessing. Thank you Razor!

Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Great job finishing up my half-arsed job.
Great job on all of your things actually, it seems you've really nailed the formula down now and are cranking out some quality mods. :beer:
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

All really good ports, great job :thumbsup:
I like how you customise the physics too.
Attachments
Carmageddon II 06-03-24 15_11_45.jpg
Carmageddon II 06-03-24 15_11_45.jpg (150.05 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Carmageddon II 06-03-24 15_07_28.jpg
Carmageddon II 06-03-24 15_07_28.jpg (202.7 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Carmageddon II 06-03-24 15_05_52.jpg
Carmageddon II 06-03-24 15_05_52.jpg (134.16 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Carmageddon II 06-03-24 15_01_29.jpg
Carmageddon II 06-03-24 15_01_29.jpg (145.36 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Carmageddon II 06-03-24 14_56_16.jpg
Carmageddon II 06-03-24 14_56_16.jpg (189.22 KiB) Viewed 197 times