Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Max Damage Extra MP slots mod?

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Rippthrough
hit n run

Max Damage Extra MP slots mod?

Post by Rippthrough »

Hi guys, long time no see!
Did the mod that (trent?) made for Reincarnation to allow more players in MP ever get ported over to Max Damage at all?

We've got a weekly MP session going and I'd like to get everyone in the same lobby if possible.
Trent
mindless

Re: Max Damage Extra MP slots mod?

Post by Trent »

Nope, unfortunately the mod abused a bug which allowed unpacked content to be loaded on top of ZAD packed content without being hampered by the integrity checks which locked out MP and saving. That bug was fixed for Max Damage which made it pretty much impossible for the mod to work while still allowing MP to work.
a.k.a. Brent
Rippthrough
hit n run

Post by Rippthrough »

Ah, that's a pity, 6 players just isn't enough :(

Thanks for the reply though Trent
Rippthrough
hit n run

Post by Rippthrough »

I'm guessing for that reason the peds in Multiplayer mod won't work any more either?

:sad:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I didn't know there's been a ped-in-MP mod..! How did it fare sync-wise?

Anyway very nice that you guys manage to have weekly MP sessions. There are still some players looking for people to join them in MP, be it on Steam or in the Carma Discord servers. The whole thing just lacks organisation.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Where did you see an MP ped mode?

Peds have never worked in multiplayer as far as I'm aware. Stainless never managed to get them to be deterministic (e.g. so everyone's simulation is always identical) and they didn't sync them due to the huge amount of data that would need transfering.
a.k.a. Brent
Rippthrough
hit n run

Post by Rippthrough »

Eesh, not sure, back in the Reincarnation days, but I've slept since then.

Yeah, we're having Carma sessions late (GMT) on Saturday nights but the problem is we can't get the lobbies big enough for everyone, you're all welcome to join but I'm afraid I might have to kick people out when friends turn up with the small lobbies :smile:
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Strange, any idea what community you saw that in at least? Literally nothing on the official forums or the steam forums ever showed peds working in multiplayer, not even a proof of concept. I'd like to talk to the person who did it and hear how they did it, I'm pretty sure it must involve hacking the EXE or working memory as the ped count is forced to 0 in MP in the EXE regardless of what the gameplay scripts tell it, much like how the number of AI cars is locked in free play.
a.k.a. Brent
Rippthrough
hit n run

Post by Rippthrough »

I honestly don't remember Trent - it's been quite a while, I thought it was on the forums but evidently not, but I can remember playing with settings as anything over about 50 peds started getting dicey. Maybe I'm remembering one of the old Carma's :sad:

Check who’s online