Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Question/request to the dev team

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
koosa666
pedestrian

Post by koosa666 »

Hi everyone. I'm a freshman here, but i'm not new to carmageddon franchise. I was obsessed with C2: Carpocalypse Now when i was a kid. Fast forward to 2016 (whoops, it's 2017 already :) ), i'm playing Max Damage on the Xbox One. And i've got to say, i have a total blast! It's a true gem in this boring generation, pure addicting arcade fun with the right amount of silliness and edge. But i have one, major request for the dev team. Would you consider patching an option for bigger rooster in free play? It would be great to have that level of carnage and mayhem like it was with C2 in those later stages with 10 cars on track. I read somewhere on forums that's its not a matter of console limitations, so i'd like to ask, what's holding this feature back? Please consider this improvement. Anyway, thanks for the great game and bringing back childhood memories!
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

The discussion about the game only having 6 grid slots not being due to console limitations didn't exactly mean what I think you thought it meant.

The discussion was about the PC version and how the decision to only have 6 cars on the grid in the PC version was not because of the limitations of console hardware but rather chosen to be the "sweet spot" for gameplay balance long before they even knew what the hardware specs of the consoles were.

Given the game's performance on consoles and knowing the complexity of the cars, physics and damage simulations from my modding experience, I can say with relative certainty that neither the the XB1 nor PS4 would be able to maintain 30 fps on all maps with more cars on the grid.
a.k.a. Brent
koosa666
pedestrian

Post by koosa666 »

Thanks for the detailed reply. So it could be possible, but with limitations. Maybe enable it only on certain, less demanding tracks, or boost the number just by 2 (so 8 max)? It's just that while i love exploring the map, it sometimes feels kinda barren, especially when there is 1-2 opponents left to destroy.
shane
Stainless

Post by shane »

As Trent has mentioned, increasing the number of cars on the grid for console versions will bring with it performance issues that would just not be acceptable. It's possible on PC version to modify the number of cars using mods but again it comes down to how powerful your machine. We opted in the end for 6 to make sure the performance was acceptable. Even on less demanding, smaller environments depending on the action it could also cause significant performance issues if for example multiple cars are being deformed.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
nicbou0321
pedestrian

Post by nicbou0321 »

shane wrote:As Trent has mentioned, increasing the number of cars on the grid for console versions will bring with it performance issues that would just not be acceptable. It's possible on PC version to modify the number of cars using mods but again it comes down to how powerful your machine. We opted in the end for 6 to make sure the performance was acceptable. Even on less demanding, smaller environments depending on the action it could also cause significant performance issues if for example multiple cars are being deformed.

Is there mods for this as of now? for single player? its something ive been searching for for quite a while. even if it brings down the performance.

Check who’s online