Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Can we not have so many unlockables hidden behind Multiplayer-only missions?

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
hoodoo456
pedestrian

Post by hoodoo456 »

Seriously. Out of the 13 cars I have at the moment, there are 22 unlockables, and 8 of them are locked until I complete missions that I can only do in multiplayer. Both of KVN Toucan and Razorbill's unlockables are locked that way, even. I thought I'd get those missions done with, so I checked the multiplayer, and there isn't a single open game out there. What happens when the multiplayer is completely dead? Are players just completely fucked when it comes to unlocking everything you need to play online to get?

Honestly, I think Stainless should patch the game so these unlockables are able to be collected by achievments you don't need to play the multiplayer for. It annoys the hell out of the completionist in me, not to mention that a lot of them look really great, too.
Sa1cor
turbo bastard

Post by Sa1cor »

We have a steam group and a discord channel dedicated just for multiplayer. I can almost guarantee you a full lobby everyday in the evening/night European time.

Join us! https://steamcommunity.com/groups/C_UN_T
STShotgun
turbo bastard

Post by STShotgun »

+1. I can understand it when Nobby said the idea was to encourage people to go onto multiplayer, but honestly it just makes gaining the unlocks near impossible for most people, so at this point they should probably update them to include Freeplay wins as well.
C:MD Mods: Overhaul / Car Lot
HEX1GON
turbo bastard

Post by HEX1GON »

STShotgun wrote:+1. I can understand it when Nobby said the idea was to encourage people to go onto multiplayer, but honestly it just makes gaining the unlocks near impossible for most people, so at this point they should probably update them to include Freeplay wins as well.

Agreed.

People will play multiplayer regardless of unlocks, but when unlocks require a certain amount of wins and so on. It can take forever depending on what time zone you're in.

Even if the single player requires more time or effort at least it's possible regardless of real world requirements.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

Well they are only visual ... so imma go ahead and ignore it. Yeh it would be nice to have the special skins etc.
Deadhart
motorised death

Post by Deadhart »

CzechDeath wrote:Well they are only visual ... so imma go ahead and ignore it. Yeh it would be nice to have the special skins etc.

But they are shinies

Me want shinies

Gimmie the shinies

*hiss*

Check who’s online