Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Public Beta has Multiplayer

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
coffeycup
Genesis

Public Beta has Multiplayer

Post by coffeycup »

Has anyone else tried it out? I joined one game but the other players were just racing through the checkpoints. I came in last place because I was trying to smash and have fun.

It did seem to work pretty well, the first time I joined the game crashed, but I restarted and got in the second time without any problems.

I didn't spend much time poking around with the latest build. I'm hoping there's some arena maps for proper crash and burn fun.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: Public Beta has Multiplayer

Post by Toshiba-3 »

People in #carma are playing often, try to drop by using the mibbit chat? http://goo.gl/wdu9cW
I haven't tested MP myself yet, game's crashing a bit too much :)
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

Toshiba-3 wrote:People in #carma are playing often, try to drop by using the mibbit chat? http://goo.gl/wdu9cW
Yes! See if you can join some of us noobs, CC - the weekend evenings always good :) We had a few cracking games this weekend, even Nobby turned up for a punt with us, and invariably won :)

It's true to the beta label, it's flakey as hell with connection drop outs, frozen players and power-ups stuck on.. but dodgy Carmageddon MP is better than no MP, and it's 20 years in the making. Stampede is fast and furious, very tight, active gameplay.

It amused me to see that The Plow was available when the vehicle allocation was set to random, initially this seemed unfair, but after actually playing it it's balanced well because every other vehicle is so much more nimble. On race mode, if you get the Plow you'll spend most of the game feeling lonely, chasing shadows.

I did have to drop my settings lower than satans ballsack on a hot day at the office though, and that was windowed mode @ 720p. Worth every minute. And every penny of the ridiculous Goody Ball Bag KS backing I did now IMO (it made more sense when the alternative was the game not getting funded) ;)
Last edited by matt on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Matt, you a noob? :lol:

Actually, I'm a MP noob, usually do SP mode, sad I know. I guess I ought to get a headset like a proper MP gamer uses, I saw the little speaker icons flashing on the other players cars while waiting for the game to begin but didn't hear the conversations.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

None of us are using mics (that I know of,) we just mute everyone automatically as soon as we get into a lobby, communicating via IRC is far easier.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Ok good to know. Thanks for the info. Hopefully join a game this weekend.

Check who’s online