Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Alex's Garage

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Alex's Garage

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Thanks mike, I know how to do the indexed wheels in the garage (thought I did it by copying the wheel folder and files like the vanilla game does)I thought it was pointless to include them seeing as the wheels look wrong in the garage anyway. Also minge does not pick up the extra wheels as a mod wheel so you have to install it manually which is an extra step .It would be great to have everything work but alas it works fine in-game so thats all I'm really concerned about.
Maybe I didn't word it a clearly as I thought, You don't need a copy of the wheel folder, just place the 'wheel_garage.cnt' in the wheel folder you actually use in-game. ;) This circumvents the issue with Minge not recognizing it as it is a wheel mod, as it is part of the real wheel mod that is used in-game.
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Oh I see! Allright well I will update it if something else more pressing needs to be fixed or added. As I said even if I make the updates the tyre issue will still be there so its not really that important, unless the code for indestructible wheels is going to work correctly :)
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Alex's Garage

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Cool. When I have a go, I'll take a look and see if there's anything in my bag of tricks that will help with the wheel issue. :) I haven't had any issues with the indestructible wheels on any of my rigs, but I haven't dabbled with animating the tire models since C:R pre-alpha.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Actually it looks the tyre offset issue has to do with the non-scrolling tyres, I think I've messed up my wording there.

Trent said that the non-scrolling tyre code has never worked and at one point simply crashed the game, since this Suppressor has actual geometry for the tyre tread I have to use this feature, but at least there is a way around it to make it look correct in-game.
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

hazardic wrote:
haven't noticed any bugs (except the garage but oh well..)

btw is this some kind of a feature that left rear side has white lights and right rear side has red lights?..
I'm not sure what you're talking about there, the reverse lights or the flares that are always on?

i meant constant lights like dots, not reverse or brake. these dots are white on lefts side if we look on the left rear (where chase cam mounted) in the amount of about 4-5, and red dots on right side in the same amount. they are also present on each sides - these small dots. are they some kind of position lights?
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

one side is actually blue and the other side is red, but yes its intentional, they seem to appear white on certain maps where the flares are much more intense.
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

oh i see then now i got their purpose - due to police vehicle, such colors like blue and red should be presented:)
shane
Stainless

Alex's Garage

Post by shane »

Hell yeah! Nice work!

Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by MrDeviance »

Excellent. The Suppressor is finally fucking here.

Stainless should not only make a twitter statement about it but they should ask you to donate it as part of their game and implement it in an update and give you a honorary team member title for the game, to say the least.

That way, everybody that still plays carmageddon max damage, will get their hands on it either now or in the future when they reinstall the game.

Your suppressor looks so detailed that it truly makes the rest of the game feel outdated by comparison.

When I see the suppressor in game, it looks like it was backported from a future version of Carmageddon back into this one.
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

MrDeviance wrote:
Your suppressor looks so detailed that it truly makes the rest of the game feel outdated by comparison.

When I see the suppressor in game, it looks like it was backported from a future version of Carmageddon back into this one.

fan mods could be sometimes more detailed than vanilla ones - this is due the complexity of the game devs should achieve, while the modder has more time and quite often not strict deadline for the end of a job. So i'm not quite sure we can call CMD outdated in comparison - it was pressed by fans, by funds and so on, as we can see the game appeared not so big as all prequels but still game mechanics are amazing enough to call it The New Carmaggeddon
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Alex's Garage

Post by '80s Time Warp »

I've tried an old trick to get the tire model to spin without having to set 'Set_RotateTyre()' to true, from back when CR was in pre-alpha, but unfortunately that trick no longer works. It was probably a bug that it did work back then hehe.

Anyway, if you decide to to add the wheel_garage.cnt back in at some point, you could add an extra set of nodes for the regular tires (0-3) to it, so all of the tires would appear in the correct place in the menu. The front and rear overhang would mostly hide any evidence of two sets of tires, if not, then the garage camera could be lifted to hide it.

Regardless, awesome work Alex! :)
YautjaLord
speed freak

Alex's Garage

Post by YautjaLord »

It just dwarves Subpry in comparison:

2-in-1:

Only one thing left to test, how long it'll take for your Suppry to waste Super Suppry. :) This thing is way too OP n it's the way i'd like it to be. And yeah, what the guy said: your Suppry should be vanilla cop "boss" vehicle, or some such shit. Cheers man, keep 'em comin! :) \m/ \m/ \m/
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like the Suppressor :)

Here's me tooling around with another scary brick, soon to complete my police concepts lineup.

hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

wow wow wow?.. a mix of Suppressor and APC?..
YautjaLord
speed freak

Alex's Garage

Post by YautjaLord »

Guess what i'm driving. :) This is supposed to be real - real - Carma cop boss vehicle. :) Thanx Alex, much appreciated.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

hazardic wrote:wow wow wow?.. a mix of Suppressor and APC?..
Well not a mix really, thematically all 3 of my police concepts are similar, this is the APC though
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

AlexTSK wrote:
hazardic wrote:wow wow wow?.. a mix of Suppressor and APC?..

Well not a mix really, thematically all 3 of my police concepts are similar, this is the APC though

did you tease it?.. cause on your page https://www.artstation.com/alextsekot i can only see police hunter concept but nothing similar to this apc =)
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

I will post it up later today or tomorrow :)
CzechDeath
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by CzechDeath »

AlexTSK wrote:Thanks guys, I'm glad you like the Suppressor :)

Here's me tooling around with another scary brick, soon to complete my police concepts lineup.

Meh ... dont make suppressor bumper on apc - U know? Chocolate is great, just dont put it EVERYWHERE. I dont need it on my pizza or in my tea, nor do I lube my bike chain with it.

DIversity !
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Alex's Garage

Post by '80s Time Warp »

I'll agree with Czech on this one, a flat bumper (no longer than where the central recession is currently) would add to the distinction of the APC being the 'lesser' police vehicle.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Well if its not broken don't fix it hehe

To complete the trio of police vehicles here's the APC concept, ofcourse heavily inspired by the C1 APC because everything about it minus the sirens is badass :)

hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

i like it, looks like hog =) and it's not so boring like c1 & cmd apc
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Thanks!

it wasn't my intention to make it look like a hog, its more to mimic the original C1 design a bit, but hey if the shoe fits :)
hazardic
motorised death

Alex's Garage

Post by hazardic »

Agreed, for me looks very carmageddonish
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by MrDeviance »

Wow. The APC looks so Carmageddon 1 and at the same time it also looks more detailed than the one already in Max Damage.

I mean look at this comparison.

The new one looks like the Terminator next to Justin Beaber.

It just looks mature and serious for war while the one already existing in game looks like a lego toy..

Carmageddon 1 used to be about serious designs not about Lego shit... Where did Stainless go so fucking wrong, I will never understand.

The way Alex is remaking the cars is exactly the way I was expecting them to look when Reincarnation was announced...

Not just the wheels and the chassis is much better but even the god damn paint and material feels closer to the origins.

I have said it before and I will say it again here.

The artists that were hired to design and create the cars for this new game, had no idea what Carmageddon 1 was truly about.

They just saw the superficial designs of the old cars and went in and remade them rapidly and without any passion whatsoever.

For what it's worth, Stainless should take notes from this guy here and see how a real Pizza is made.

Frankly, I think this community doesn't know what hit them with Alex.

Such a talented artist that is just toiling away at these masterpieces, painstakingly remaking almost every car for a game that is frequently regarded as a huge flop, is amazing to me.

Imagine a world where Alex didn't give a crap about this game or moved on like everybody else and there wouldn't have been any of his car remakes for our eyes.

In my opinion the carmageddon spirit is kept alive with this topic alone. I personally see nothing else worth seeing related to this game, other than the progress of this topic. The rest is pretty much done and dusted for me.

This topic is not just about a modding topic, it's about experiencing progress related to classic carmageddon car remakes done PROPERLY after many years of waiting to see them and having Stainless fail at doing some proper remakes.

This is the place to see and hopefully get the car remakes we've really been waiting for ever since Reincarnation was announced.

To have only one guy do all of this is like winning the Lottery.
RoRo
mechanic

Alex's Garage

Post by RoRo »

Eh, I disagree with the sentiment that the people who created the in-game cars had no passion. There's a lot of great designs, and I think it's clear there was a lot of love put into what we got. I mean this game is pretty much a passion project to begin with, after all. :)

That said though, yeah, Alex's stuff is amazing so far. I'm really happy to finally have a normal Suppressor now (the thing that people had been asking from Stainless since god knows when), and that new APC looks bomb as fuck. '80s Time Warp and FatCat have made some amazing stuff too. There's a lot of incredible talent on this forum. Appreciate y'all. <3
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Thanks for all the praise but I do have to make it clear that I'm not here to blow my own horn.

The reason I got into car remakes and redesigns specifically for this game is because I really love Carmageddon and the ideas behind it. I grew up on C1 and C2 and I figured I had something to contribute in the form of fan art which eventually evolved into modding because all I wanted to do is get better and learn.

The point of the car remakes isn't to show where Stainless have gone wrong. I'm not here to 'fix' anything its more for myself to see how I can improve/change already existing designs and create something that fits my own personal vision. I have my own ideas of what Carmageddon is all about and that's all I'm trying to explore.

Take for example the Eagle R, at first I had expressed my distaste for the generic sports car design but it grew on me over time as I played the game, however the car as it appears in CMD is not quite there in my own opinion but instead of starting over I thought that I could massage what was already there and maybe make it fit my own taste and so far I quite like it.

This game has pushed me to learn a lot of stuff over the last couple of years and I do my best to continue to improve. The fact that the new game even exists is the reason I joined the forum so I'm just happy that CR/MD is here no matter how rough it may be around the edges.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Alex's Garage

Post by Razor »

I've just had to go through and clear this thread of almost 20 completely off-topic replies, please stop derailing threads, especially when they aren't your own.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
CzechDeath
kill boss

Alex's Garage

Post by CzechDeath »

Razor wrote:I've just had to go through and clear this thread of almost 20 completely off-topic replies, please stop derailing threads, especially when they aren't your own.

EDIT*

Alex! Haven't u made one APC almost like this ages ago? I remember somebody getting ugly at you for showing off (no?)
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Alex's Garage

Post by '80s Time Warp »

I meant to post this earlier. Alex, I can empathise whole-heartedly with feeling a lack of motivation to keep going, whilst probably not for the exact same reasons. Anyway, if you ever want any help with rigging any cars - Feel free to ask, even if it is just with getting the suspension & running gear setup.

Keep up the great work :)
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

@CzechDeath - No I've never made an APC like this, only my very old suppressor which was never finished.

@'80s Time Warp - Thanks, I'll be sure to ask for help if anything stumps me, right now its mainly about how long things take, not lack of knowledge.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by MrDeviance »

It's really a bummer that we won't get to see that awesome APC in game to have it paired with the Suppressor and I also think it sucks that after waiting so much to see it, you won't release the Cleaver.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

I never planned to make the APC into a working in-game car, same with the Highway unit both of those are just concepts. Like I said I'm going to finish the vehicles I have started but they may not end up in the game because at the moment I just don't have time to set up mod cars, especially if nobody is going to play with them.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Alex's Garage

Post by MrDeviance »

AlexTSK wrote:I never planned to make the APC into a working in-game car, same with the Highway unit both of those are just concepts. Like I said I'm going to finish the vehicles I have started but they may not end up in the game because at the moment I just don't have time to set up mod cars, especially if nobody is going to play with them.

Aww well. Maybe at least if you do finish them, you can release them and somebody here can add them to the game at least.

I would love to play with them but I know that just one person saying this doesn't really matter on the grand scheme of things.

I like the cars a lot.

It would be cool to see all of your cars even in gta 5 at one point.
AlexTSK
mindless

Alex's Garage

Post by AlexTSK »

Once I finish the job I'm working on now I should have some more time and get to completing the Eagle MK1 which I do intent to put in the game, maybe as one last mod in case there is no more updates on CMD.

Check who’s online