Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Still waiting (Linux)

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
guises
pedestrian

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by guises »

I've heard that the Windows version was buggy, and that makes me sad, and I've read the explanation for why the other versions haven't been released yet (ya'll want to polish it first). I would love a perfect, bug-free, Carmageddon Reincarnation, but more than that I would like _any_ Carmageddon Reincarnation. Come on now, the Windows users have been able to play it, even with bugs, for more than a year. You could at least give the rest of us the crap version and let us try it out, and when you do iron out the bugs we'll be delighted for the update.

I feel like I've been patient on this. I've been waiting for new Carmageddon for almost 16 years and TDR, for all its faults, at least managed to exist.
dyrvere
pedestrian

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by dyrvere »

Hey Stainless ya' no neck having, pee guzzlin', ankle suckin' bug-ugly bastich derangeo Fragwit morons. How about puttin' a Looniks customer at ease before I smear your butts all over the next crosswalk?!

No effort towards us huh? Well my foot always was too light, sorry orfficer, mah brakes don't work. Hehehe.

Waited far too long now. Hear?
ToreadorVampire
mechanic

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by ToreadorVampire »

Yep, also still waiting here. C:MD console version is out, so I'd hope that development effort is now squarely focused on Mac/Linux/Windows versions.

Still haven't been able to play the game I kickstarted years ago. To me it's still effectively vaporware - to date nothing has been released for my chosen platform, despite it being a pledge during the KS campaign.
fifteentypesofgoat
pedestrian

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by fifteentypesofgoat »

Here's the video from the update where they passed $600k.

Posted Jun 6, 2012 - that's over four years ago now.

"We're gonna do all the stuff we talked about as the stretch goals. Yes, we're gonna do it all. And we will do it as fast as we can, and most of this stuff is all gonna happen because of you, because of our kickstarter fans."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U14d6s9bWoo
bluntelk
pedestrian

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by bluntelk »

I would be nice to get an update...
CzechDeath
kill boss

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by CzechDeath »

... Keep waiting =D
ix
mechanic

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by ix »

Same :( Backed the kickstarter and haven't been able to play the game. At this rate WINE will support DX11 and let us play before stainless actually give us any info.
AnthonyF
pedestrian

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by AnthonyF »

tonrac
speed freak

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by tonrac »

It's just a joke, don't take that seriously ... They said on a twitch (july) that the studio still commited into mac and Linux version. Btw the game (Max Damage) is not available yet on windows.
AnthonyF
pedestrian

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by AnthonyF »

Not really sure. One time is a joke. Beyond..

Let us say it's a joke, I don't think making fun of "some backers" (it was not address directly to a backer but some follows probably Gaming of Linux account) that are waiting for what they paid is the best answer to give when ask about it.

Till it appears on my library I won't believe words on a stream when a statement should had been done since February (from what I heard and read on Twitter from his tweets).
FunnyOctopus
aka Privata

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by FunnyOctopus »

AnthonyF wrote:Not really sure. One time is a joke. Beyond..

Let us say it's a joke, I don't think making fun of "some backers" (it was not address directly to a backer but some follows probably Gaming of Linux account) that are waiting for what they paid is the best answer to give when ask about it.

Till it appears on my library I won't believe words on a stream when a statement should had been done since February (from what I heard and read on Twitter from his tweets).

If you got the port now it would be carmageddon reincarnation , would you not rather have carmageddon max damage instead?
CARd4vre
pedestrian

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by CARd4vre »

Dear Sirs @ stainlessgames,

it really is about time to give your backers an update about the release

date of the DRM-Free Linux version.

We are really getting upset, now!

WTF???
AnthonyF
pedestrian

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by AnthonyF »

Privata wrote:If you got the port now it would be carmageddon reincarnation , would you not rather have carmageddon max damage instead?

Where is your faith now ?

None were delivered. And it seems they won't ever be.

Linux, macOS and DRM-Free, no answer from the team. Nothing.

Read the comments on the Kickstarter post. Nothing. Not a single word about them. No footage were ever shown from Linux and macOS.

Giving up. Won't trust them in the future.

Hope they like my pledge though.
gcclinux
pedestrian

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by gcclinux »

Is carmageddon ever coming to Linux? I would love to play it again as I played the decades ago and loved it game then but I am a Linux users now so no more windowz for me.
guises
pedestrian

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by guises »

gcclinux wrote:Is carmageddon ever coming to Linux? I would love to play it again as I played the decades ago and loved it game then but I am a Linux users now so no more windowz for me.
If you're just looking to play the first one, the one you played decades ago, that runs fine in WINE. Just get the GOG version and use Playonlinux. The one we're talking about in this thread is the new one, which I and others gave money to on the promise of a DRM-free Linux version. Something which has never materialized.
BodyHammer
pedestrian

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by BodyHammer »

I've sent this message to shane 2 weeks ago. As I didn't get a reply yet I'm posting it here.

To anyone at Stainless Games:

It's been a while (May 2012) since I pledged 200 USD for the Kickstarter campaign.

I understand plans change and I feel we can adapt to this change.

I don't have a Windows machine nor Mac. In the meantime I got a PlayStation 4 though.

As I feel the Linux version (my platform of choice) is very unlikely to happen at this point I would like to propose the following option:

- I renounce my physical rewards in exchange of a digital copy of Carmageddon: Max Damage for PlayStation 4.

I think this is a win/win situation for both parties involved:

- For you: no costs for producing the physical rewards and no shipping costs

- For me: a new Carmageddon game I can play right away

Please let me know how you feel about this.

RussianNeuroMancer
pedestrian

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by RussianNeuroMancer »

On January 20 I created support ticket about refund (number 5597) because, you know, it's been four years and communication level on issue is near to non-existent. No answer.

On January 29 I drop PM message to Community Manager shane on this forum. Guess what? No answer too.

So I assume Linux backers pretty much defrauded. I will be happy if any one of you proof me wrong and get any answer from Stainless about refund.
ix
mechanic

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by ix »

11th May 2012. Almost 5 years to the day since I backed the kickstarter that promised linux support. I've still yet to be able to play the game. Honestly I would like a refund at this point because it's clearly never going to happen.

edit: At minimum you could make it work in DX9 or vulcan so we can play it under WINE. Or is your plan just to wait until WINE supports DX11 and then claim the game works on linux?
RussianNeuroMancer
pedestrian

Still waiting (Linux)

ix wrote:I've still yet to be able to play the game. Honestly I would like a refund at this point because it's clearly never going to happen.
They ignore refund requests.
argan
pedestrian

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by argan »

Does reporting it to KS do anything, then?
CzechDeath
kill boss

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by CzechDeath »

Arent they waiting for physical release of the game? Getting publisher or somebody who can poop out the DVDs? Maybe then the linux and DRM free copies will be a reality?

I personally would love to see some massiva patch before that, because going ahead and releasing it as is, would not be very nice (bugs)
ix
mechanic

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by ix »

Yet another game released under the Carmageddon banner and still no word about Linux support for Reincarnation.
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by MrDeviance »

ix wrote:Yet another game released under the Carmageddon banner and still no word about Linux support for Reincarnation.

You will never get linux because Stainless is clearly struggling to stay alive at this point and they are not really doing a great job at it.

How on earth can you imagine they are still crazy enough to shell out cash for a linux port that is most likely not going to bring them any more income, when their best bet to earn some cash was that miserable free to play carmageddon: crashers?
ix
mechanic

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by ix »

So a few months later still nothing, unsurprisingly.

Wine 2.18 now supports DX11. Games like World of Warcraft work beautifully in DX11 mode so I tried C:R. No luck and the debug in wine doesn't even give a meaningful error message.

*sigh*, still waiting.

Can stainless at least contact the Wine developers with the possibility of getting C:R working under that? It's not ideal but at least Linux backers could play the game we've been waiting for for the past 5 years.
Car-o-line
pedestrian

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by Car-o-line »

@stainless:

This is simply fraud and deception. We paid for something you did not deliver.

If you're broke and can not afford to develop a proper linux port, at least make the DRM-free

WIN version available.

And please don't ever again start a project with other peoples money.

You sirs have not any honor nor pride.
FunnyOctopus
aka Privata

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by FunnyOctopus »

Its not fraud , not even by a longshot.

Mismanagement, maybe.

A important part of Kickstarter is that a finished resault is not guaranteed as long as the devs did not fail to deliver on purpose no rule has been broken.

Its a pain , lack of communication and details are frustrating.

At some point they said they would make the Linux version after CR is feature complete , CR became CMD and it went on pause temporarily to work on Crashers but will have work on it resume (if its not the case already)

I belive that when they resume work it will be a bunch of new features to for all platforms to celebrate the Linux port.

If they went bankrupt they would have told us , or at least made some form of statement regarding it.

I honestly am worried about the state of Carma but not much can be done , you might be able to contact them on Twitter for a more direct response
Car-o-line
pedestrian

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by Car-o-line »

These stainless boneheads spend our money to make useless other games ('crashers')

but they don't develop, what they promised.

DRM FREE WIN and LINUX - N*O*W* (or for xmas)!!!

and please... CAN WE GET AN OFFICAL UPDATE/ STATEMENT instead of some calming bullshit warm words from some forum staple?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by Toshiba-3 »

How old are you? IIRC you must be 18 year old to post on this forum.

By the way, did you actually back the game or are you taking offence on behalf of others...

from some forum staple?

How haughty. This is a public forum. If you want an official answer just fucking call +44 (0)1983 827227.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
CzechDeath
kill boss

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by CzechDeath »

Car-o-line wrote:These stainless boneheads spend our money to make useless other games ('crashers')

but they don't develop, what they promised.

DRM FREE WIN and LINUX - N*O*W* (or for xmas)!!!

and please... CAN WE GET AN OFFICAL UPDATE/ STATEMENT instead of some calming bullshit warm words from some forum staple?

Zoli
pedestrian

Still waiting (Linux)

Post by Zoli »

Toshiba-3 wrote:How old are you? IIRC you must be 18 year old to post on this forum.

By the way, did you actually back the game or are you taking offence on behalf of others...

from some forum staple?

How haughty. This is a public forum. If you want an official answer just fucking call +44 (0)1983 827227.

and the official defenders answers... but, as usual, not with their wallets, since talk is cheap, as stainless...

/runt of 150+ backer
RussianNeuroMancer
pedestrian

Still waiting (Linux)

MrDeviance wrote:How on earth can you imagine they are still crazy enough to shell out cash for a linux port that is most likely not going to bring them any more income, when their best bet to earn some cash was that miserable free to play carmageddon: crashers?
I don't expect them doing port anymore, so I requested refund, but they don't answer anywhere.

Toshiba-3 wrote:How haughty. This is a public forum. If you want an official answer just fucking call +44 (0)1983 827227.
When I asked for refund via support form, then got no answer, and then got survey about support quality, that supposedly wasn't enough for them to know about refund request?

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/nearly-six-years-after-the-kickstarter-stainless-games-claim-carmageddon-is-still-coming-to-linux.11068

Liam wrote:It got to the point where I actually had to block one of their team on Twitter for repeatedly trolling our Twitter account with pathetic anti-Linux comments. On top of that, they started jumping in on Tweets from us to other developers, to shit-post about Linux. I won't say who, or link to it, as I don't want a witchhunt, but safe to say they're one developer who I've probably been the least impressed with in a very long time.

Check who’s online