Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C:MD/C:R Scrapped Content Thread

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

In this thread, we'll post/discuss things that end up on the cutting room floor of C:R!

I'll start with a juicy one!

Here's how the super early Eagle used to look like before it was completely rebuilt from the ground up. :O
hazardic
motorised death

Post by hazardic »

is it in the files? if so, could you make a proper car from it - i like it dammit! more than vanilla. i like exhausts and side intakes. or it's just a ps?
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

hazardic wrote:is it in the files? if so, could you make a proper car from it - i like it dammit! more than vanilla. i like exhausts and side intakes. or it's just a ps?
Unfortunately, the only remnants of it that i found in the game files were the rims, everything else is gone. Also, i love it more than the new Eagle too =D I really hope Stainless includes it as an unlockable after you beat the game or something and doesn't just leave it out completely. :<
Deadhart
motorised death

Post by Deadhart »

Hot damn that IS better than the one that made it ingame! I mean... DAT BLOWER! Also, it looks more alike the C1 Eagle.
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

FatCat wrote:
hazardic wrote:is it in the files? if so, could you make a proper car from it - i like it dammit! more than vanilla. i like exhausts and side intakes. or it's just a ps?

Unfortunately, the only remnants of it that i found in the game files were the rims, everything else is gone. Also, i love it more than the new Eagle too =D I really hope Stainless includes it as an unlockable after you beat the game or something and doesn't just leave it out completely. :<

Amazing discovery FatCat!

It resembles one of the first Eagle's concept art, plus a bit of ol' Eagle 1 at the front.

I love it!, hope Stainless includes it in some sort of DLC or as a free download
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Psyrgery wrote:

Amazing discovery FatCat!

It resembles one of the first Eagle's concept art, plus a bit of ol' Eagle 1 at the front.

I love it!, hope Stainless includes it in some sort of DLC or as a free download

You know what's so special about this particular design of the eagle? It looks 90s futuristic, unlike the new one which is more modern futuristic.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

How you get that pic if there is only rims for it?

For anyone who hadn't see, there is another pic of same car:

Rims are ugly and something other things I dislike but it has potential. Fat Cat, you need to remake that car if Stainless don't give it us.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

KakkaHousu wrote:How you get that pic if there is only rims for it?
Nobby posted a pic of his quadcopter in a recent thread, i clicked the pic to make it bigger, it took me to his photobucket, and that picture was in his photobucket. :3
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

FatCat wrote:
KakkaHousu wrote:How you get that pic if there is only rims for it?

Nobby posted a pic of his quadcopter in a recent thread, i clicked the pic to make it bigger, it took me to his photobucket, and that picture was in his photobucket. :3

so maybe ester egg from Nobby?
deadsheep
hit n run

Post by deadsheep »

Woah, never seen that one. I have to be honest though, I'm glad they gave up on that one. It does have potential, but it just looks odd, and very cartoonish.

The headlights do look cool, and i'm digging these side exhausts and the significantly wider back, it feels more C2ish.

However, I'm not too happy with the current Eagle either.

I think the current Eagle could borrow some of the aggressiveness of that earlier one.

Anyways, this is just my opinion and everyone has the right to disagree.
Breakin'Benny
speed freak

Post by Breakin'Benny »

That white-colored concept art Eagle R... is it supposed to say that the Eagle and Hawk aren't going to be the only cars you can pick a color for? It's a nice idea for multiplayer, as I could get tired of the same colors on the cars. Hands up for Caddy FatCat coloured with urine?
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

So I've been asking for it for a few weeks and he had it in his Photobucket all along? xD

Glad I've seen it, top views look wonderful xD
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Breakin'Benny wrote:That white-colored concept art Eagle R... is it supposed to say that the Eagle and Hawk aren't going to be the only cars you can pick a color for? It's a nice idea for multiplayer, as I could get tired of the same colors on the cars. Hands up for Caddy FatCat coloured with urine?
I think Nobby once mentioned something about being able to swap rims and car colors at one point, but i cant be sure! I'd love to be able to give my cars unique colors during the career mode, maybe even tune each car with sliders too. =D

Like for example: Accel vs TopSpeed

Ride height Front & Rear

Soft vs Solid suspension

SUSPENSION WOBBLINESS (for caddy fatcat especially)

Tire profile size

Understeer vs Oversteer

Grip Front vs Rear

Brake strenght Front vs Rear

While you could only edit these parameters within certain values and couldn't increase car strength and weight beyond the APO upgrades, the fine tuning of cars could really make the Career cars have that extra edge over the Freeplay cars without feeling unfair =D
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Breakin'Benny wrote:That white-colored concept art Eagle R...
Do you mean the screenshot with the splattered cows? That's nothing to do with changing colours, that screenshot was just taken before the car's textures were made.
a.k.a. Brent
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

I actually wanted to remake that car based on whatever it looked like, and now that I have finally seen it i'm definitely not so keen on the idea, I guess the top view was deceptive :)

Also here's what Nobby said to me in his PM when I asked whether or not I could get the old model so that I could fluff it up and get it in game

"It's a long shot (possibly more likely to be something that dev would consider once the game is out) but I will ask them what they think about this idea. One answer might be that we dropped this Eagle because once we'd "lived with it" for a time it became apparent that none of us liked it, and so we'd rather it never saw the light of day. However, you may well be able to improve it and prove us wrong!"

I doublt the team would actually make it a downloadable/included car, but it could be rebuilt by someone given enough demand I suppose :)
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Bloodstability wrote:I doublt the team would actually make it a downloadable/included car, but it could be rebuilt by someone given enough demand I suppose

Nobby's answer for Fat Cat:

nobby wrote:Don't worry - just remind me once the game's launched, and I'll sneak the model over to you. But don't tell anyone else! ;)
I agree it looks better on top view.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

You know Housu, i kinda wish it could just be released for everybody instead of just for me, i would love to have a multiplayer match where 10 different types of Eagles duke it out, including super early alpha eagles. =D
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

But you can port it for game and release it. Or have you some contract with Nobby you can't release it for general use? Or you mean as official part of game so it can be played in MP servers which doesn't support mod cars?
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Kakka, i'm not sure, i'd really have to ask Nobby if i could make it a mod available for download. It seems like their team really didn't want that eagle to see the light of day. :P
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Im a little late to the party, but ya, hi, I wonderd what those wheels were for, the concept wheels from the eagle you first posted are still in game files, because I put them on my eagle once.. But I guess you allready knew that?

I dont really like that eagle too much, it felt too overkill, vents, side exhausts, huge intake, huge side intakes, it seems to be trying too hard... remove the blade and we got a blood drive car. but no doubt a bunch of people will find it in the future in one of those lost content things... because you know what happens 'Missing content?... its better than whats ingame' no matter what they allways say that.

Its a shame about the white concept eagle tho.. Its a shame we never really got to see it, it kinda looks how I imagine a remaking of the eagle, not that I dont like the one we have now... its very nice, I just wish we got to see that one.. to see if it really would have made a better eagle or not.. But I guess stainless know what there doing.... even if I dont like the new lumberer.

Also. someone will mostlikley remake this stuff anyway.

Just been pointed out to me that its the same car, maybe I missed something there.

so yes. I guess im ok now all seen, hopefully you post no spoilers too.. Im very carefull in the files nowdays to nto dig up and see something thats not ingame yet. heh. I want to see it in its glory yeyah. even tho I have a good idea what some stuff from its file names may be.
deadsheep
hit n run

Post by deadsheep »

Mad_Maxine wrote:Its a shame about the white concept eagle tho.. Its a shame we never really got to see it
The white eagle concept is the same as the red one you see in the first post. Same lines, same vents, etc...
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

Im sorry I jsut. wasent very observent today.

I saw it as soon as it was pointed out tho, I wonder what else may have been cut? dificult to animate animals? and such. maps, theres the test map from early shots,
deadsheep
hit n run

Post by deadsheep »

No need to be sorry, reading my post now it kinda feels offensive. That was definitely not what I wanted it to be, just informing you (and possibly others) that they appear to be the same, with very little difference (if any), other than the textures of course.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

No its ok, you dident come across as agressive at all, really,

But I feel kinda silly for.. Not spotting that. usually im pretty observent on things,

talking of scrap content tho, from the screenshot pages I allways thought this place looked fun,

you think thats been cut? or do you think theres maybe two types of costal map? like C1, aparently theres two city maps so why not.
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

If my memory serves me right the bridge thing came up in a stream and nobby said it was cut from the map because it didnt quite fit/wasnt practical from a level design point of view, but I could be hallucinating :)

Edit :

While Im here might as well bring up a couple of things? The following looks like its been cut/changed heavily:

Building has been cut from the MagNuChem map

Early Bear looked quite different

This eagle probably never made it to the modeling stage, but nevertheless I consider it cut since the concept art looks quite fleshed out, a last minute decision maybe?

Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

I still want to see the rest of that picture, It must exist somewhere... right?
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Mad_Maxine wrote: talking of scrap content tho, from the screenshot pages I allways thought this place looked fun,

you think thats been cut? or do you think theres maybe two types of costal map? like C1, aparently theres two city maps so why not.
Oh hey, you're right, that map hasnt been seen ever since, but it's gotta be in the final, we might have just not seen the map it's in yet!

But if bloodstability is right about the bridge being cut, Shit, what other badass thing was cut from the game that we might never have known about? I'm certain that modders would put them back in =D
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Bloodstability wrote:

Hehehe, also, Early bear looked badass. It feels like the early art was much more retro futuristic. Did Stainless make an artistic overhaul somewhere during development?
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

well.. im going to say I think stainless is doing the right thing..

its normal for people to like anything thats diffrent, and people will automatically want what they cant have.. and that is cut content. but if stainless decides somethign wont work then I guess we have to trust them, afterall the other carmageddon games came out right? yes? maybe c2 was a little bright.. and all but mostly.

C1 style was perfect, for that kind of game atleast.

In stainless we trust,

also I guess they wanted to loose that very 90s look, and the eagle concept there really reminds me.. 90s, also I think the eagle in your first screenshot seems to be an evolution of that, as the vents and such are in the same place. and apart from the grill lights and mroe exadurated intake it looks the same base to me.. unless they get rid of the football stadium.. then Ill have to badly glue that back in place..

Spoiler:

in an off topic note on the 90s im going to start making an early 90s style video game in game maker to test out everything ive learnt, but I currently dont know what I want to do other than sprites and 8 bit music...

FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Mad_Maxine wrote:game maker
For the love of all that is good, dont use that program to make games.
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Post by Mad_Maxine »

ok sorry :/

I did it once before tho, and thats all I know so yeah.. maybe not.
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

FatCat wrote:
But if bloodstability is right about the bridge being cut, Shit, what other badass thing was cut from the game that we might never have known about? I'm certain that modders would put them back in =D

Sadly Bloodsy is right. I remember that too. I hope Stainless will give us some pics of the development after game is released. I don't care if it's reference images, or concept art or actual gameplay screenshots. Would be fun to see what C:R looked in very early/concept stages.

I noted Towmeister's rims are different.

Spoiler:

in an off topic note on the 90s im going to start making an early 90s style video game in game maker to test out everything ive learnt, but I currently dont know what I want to do other than sprites and 8 bit music...

Yep, dont use Game Maker. It's very limiting and just plain bad. If you can script choose engine that use script language you know and even if you can't there is better drag and drop engines than GM. I have now project which is meant to look like psx game. Twisted metal like game. But because I can only write very simple javascripts and because I'm lazy I don't think it going to be ever released.

The Unbreakable Kavinsky
driver

Post by The Unbreakable Kavinsky »

Well has anyone ever read or seen the book Half Life 2 Raising The Bar? as the amount of ideas and stuff they tried in the concept stages was pretty impressive in of itself.

Especially the sky scrapers and indoor building scenes that got cut. and the museum stage was something else..... and I played through it years ago from the leak so its possible that the reason why all of this was changed was because of continuity, fun and simplicity issues, to help streamline it abit more

as if you overcomplicated something like this, everything in it suffers and for a restart of a game franchise, that might be the kiss of death.

and also the idea of the game is that this is taking place 10 years latter, things have moved on, so maybe this stuff was made in the remake stages before the decision to make a continuation 10 + years latter was brought about.

as that eagle looks like a straight remake of the first one, and I must wonder is there anything buried for my beloved Countslash somewhere? as the First countslash is based off of one of the early Flared Models of 1977/1978, and the new one is based on the last version of the countach, the 25th that was made the year I was born, 1988/1989 ish.

and I just prefer the flat decked ones with the phone dial wheels to the latter ones.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Unbreakable, What if stainless made unlockable artwork in the main game that had pictures of early versions of the game, or conceptart/models of earlier versions of cars in the extras section! This might be why stainless hasn't released a ton of them! =D
Southpark2010
hit n run

Post by Southpark2010 »

FatCat wrote: Unbreakable, What if stainless made unlockable artwork in the main game that had pictures of early versions of the game, or conceptart/models of earlier versions of cars in the extras section! This might be why stainless hasn't released a ton of them! =D
Kinda reminds me of ROTT 2013, as they had a big montage of game dev stuff alongside the credits at the end of the game.

Check who’s online