Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Location of the menu screenshots?

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Arkantos
pedestrian

Post by Arkantos »

Hello guys!

First of wall i want to say hi to everyone i'm new here! i been a fan of Carmageddon since a really long time (more than 10 years!), i remember i used to play this game on my cousin house, and while everyone were looking bad at me for having fun playing this "violent" game, i was really enjoying it!

Time ago i bought Carmageddon Max Damage on Steam, and i was really enjoying everything from it, even the screenshots that you guy made, and i wonder if i could decompile some of them since i really loved that design, and i'm aware that there are tools to decompile those screenshots and make them .PNG, i been searching through the folders but i couldnt find the ones i want!

Basically are those images/imgur-bckp/a3TrMv4.jpg from this screen, the red circle, the red arrow and the splash! i wonder if one of you guys know where are those files locates since i really want to use that design!

Thanks in advance!
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

First use Minge to extract the game's data from the ZAD files. Next look in Data_Core\Content\UI\assets\h1080_default\animation_textures\ and use GibbedTools to convert the TDX files to PNG. There's lots of textures in there so it may take some searching to find the textures you want. The background_images folder in there contains all the actual background images, while the red circle, box, grunge, etc. are individual textures.

Also you posted in the iOS & Android section, not the Max Damage section ;)
a.k.a. Brent
Arkantos
pedestrian

Post by Arkantos »

Hello, thanks for your reply! and i apologize for posting it in the wrong section, i was kinda confused when i saw lots of sections under the same name! i really aplogize. I'm using that tool to convert tdx files to PNG but sadly most of them gives me this error http://imgur.com/a/Ayiyn and after that the program just crash, i wonder if i need something else to make it work?

For example this file bloody_ring_1 which i assume it may be the one im looking for, but it gives me that error!

Thanks in advance!
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

A8? Hmm, interesting, I hadn't come across that format before. GibbedTools doesn't currently support it. Should be fairly trivial to implement once I get the time to do it.
a.k.a. Brent
Arkantos
pedestrian

Post by Arkantos »

Yes! please! sadly it seems like i can't convert to PNG all the files that i actually need because they all giveme that same error! hopefully you will update your tool!

Thanks in advance!

Check who’s online