Mad Mikes Used Cars [REL: 1 New Vehicle, 16/11/2019]

Stainless got their baby back, threw it at us in 2015 and hit consoles in 2016!

Moderator: coffeycup

Mad Mike
driver

Re: Mad Mikes Used Cars [REL: 2 New Vehicles, 02/06/2019]

Post by Mad Mike »

i do it . but i can't play on line
You must have done something to invalidate your game. The only options are to "verify the integrity of your game files", and if that doesn't work. re-install the game.
One man... Alone... Wrecking opponents in the Automobile he loves.
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.

Mad Mike
driver

Re: Mad Mikes Used Cars [REL: 2 New Vehicles, 02/06/2019]

Post by Mad Mike »

It's taken long enough, but...

The Vixen... The Legend... has arrived in Carmageddon Max Damage.

To celebrate, here's a new video

• - Custom Performance setup
  • - Animated Engine & Suspension
  • - Detachable Body parts
  • - Opening Doors, Hood & Trunk
  • - Working Lights
  • - Damage Textures
  • - PBR Derived Paint textures
  • - UI Assets & basic UI Text
  • - Multiple Paint Job & Wheel Options
  • - Working in-car camera

DOWNLOAD HERE
► Show Spoiler
________________________________________________________________________________________

Toshiba-3
アルカリ (単3形)

Re: Mad Mikes Used Cars [REL: 1 New Vehicle, 16/11/2019]

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Finally got some time to re-install CMD and test it! It's a beauty :scool:
505170_screenshots_20191125185847_1.jpg
505170_screenshots_20191125185847_1.jpg (170.37 KiB) Viewed 969 times
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Mad Mike
driver

Post by Mad Mike »

Thanks Tosh :)

Zach Fett
pedestrian

Re: Mad Mikes Used Cars [REL: 8 New Vehicles]

Post by Zach Fett »

Mad Mike wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:14 pm
1) The closest thing out there to a harvester mod for C:MD is LuckyMikes conversion of the PedBasher from TDR2000. I don't know if these links are still valid, but here's it is.
PedBasher
Converted to C2 by Toshiba, C:R/C:MD conversion by LuckyMike

https://www.dropbox.com/s/89wpd08kwrmf4 ... .rar?dl=04

LuckyMike also released some other conversions for C:MD.
Bloodmobile IV
C:R/C:MD conversion by LuckyMike

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x4ive23ln7jtw ... e.rar?dl=0

Interceptor
Converted from Mad Max to C:R/C:MD by LuckyMike

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ba4dkga8es39 ... r.zip?dl=0

Also thank you for all your work, Mad Mike! Love all of it, especially the Vigilante 8 vehicles. Is there any chance down the road you'll do Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense vehicles? Would love to see the Grubb Dual Loader (garbage truck).

Edit: I just noticed the Autotrasher has a skin replicating the Grubb Dual Loader! Awesome! Thank you so much for that. :sbsmile:

Also, any idea why your Plow mod is uh, not quite working properly for me, as you can see here?

I've tried both installation methods, I get the same result.

Mad Mike
driver

Post by Mad Mike »

Could someone re-upload these three mods? The PedBasher, Bloodmobile IV, and Mad Max Interceptor? Sadly the above links are dead. :(
I'm afraid I don't have copies of any of LuckyMikes stuff.
Also thank you for all your work, Mad Mike! Love all of it, especially the Vigilante 8 vehicles. Is there any chance down the road you'll do Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense vehicles? Would love to see the Grubb Dual Loader (garbage truck).

Edit: I just noticed the Autotrasher has a skin replicating the Grubb Dual Loader! Awesome! Thank you so much for that. :sbsmile:
Thank you for the kind words. Glad you like them :)

Some of the vehicles from Second Offence stuff would be nice, although I'd prefer to do more of the remaining Interstate '76 cars, but that's way down the 'would like to make' list.

I am working on some new stuff, I've finished off the trailer pack (25 semi trailers & 3 truck trailers), and will be releasing a big zad mod of the trucks & trailers, with a new semi truck. I've only just started on the new rig so it's still got a long way to go.
Also, any idea why your Plow mod is uh, not quite working properly for me, as you can see here?

I've tried both installation methods, I get the same result.
I haven't seen that before. It's never duplicated the bucket for me.

Are the hydraulic rams animating when the bucket moves? If so, then the game is definitely using the new structure.xml.

The actual bucket model hasn't been touched, the changes were made to the bucket arm, so I don't get how it's duplicated the bucket.

It might be worth uninstalling my adjustments, and check to see if the plow still does that.

Zach Fett
pedestrian

Post by Zach Fett »

Mad Mike wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:20 pm
Are the hydraulic rams animating when the bucket moves? If so, then the game is definitely using the new structure.xml.

The actual bucket model hasn't been touched, the changes were made to the bucket arm, so I don't get how it's duplicated the bucket.

It might be worth uninstalling my adjustments, and check to see if the plow still does that.
I'm not 100% sure if it is using the animated hydraulic rams, since the duplicate bucket is covering it up. I don't think it is, it doesn't look like it's animating the same way as your video shows. I tried uninstalling the mod and it goes back to default just fine (no duplicate bucket), so I'm not sure where it's going wrong.. The only other mods I'm using are most of your vehicles, and a few of the other optional ones below this Plow hydraulic mod on the first page.

Mad Mike
driver

Post by Mad Mike »

Zach Fett wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:58 am
I'm not 100% sure if it is using the animated hydraulic rams, since the duplicate bucket is covering it up. I don't think it is, it doesn't look like it's animating the same way as your video shows. I tried uninstalling the mod and it goes back to default just fine (no duplicate bucket), so I'm not sure where it's going wrong.. The only other mods I'm using are most of your vehicles, and a few of the other optional ones below this Plow hydraulic mod on the first page.
One way to check for definite is using the manual camera in the replay mode, that way you can move the camera into the front and see if the rams move.

Not that it should make any difference - are you using the Steam or GOG version of the game?

None of the other mods I've done affect the model/hierarchy of the plow, this is so weird. I will have a go at trying to reproduce this a little later on today, but the only thing I can think of is that somehow the game isn't using the new files properly.

EDIT: Found out what your issue is :)

After leaving the structure.xml out of my 'z_PlowBucketMod.zad', I get the same issue as shown in your image. It looks like your game is overriding the custom structure.xml with the standard one. Did you rename scripts.zad to something else like scripts_1.zad? Renaming it is necessary to stop the game from always loading scripts.zad last, which will override any custom scripts.

Zach Fett
pedestrian

Post by Zach Fett »

Mad Mike wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:50 am
EDIT: Found out what your issue is :)

After leaving the structure.xml out of my 'z_PlowBucketMod.zad', I get the same issue as shown in your image. It looks like your game is overriding the custom structure.xml with the standard one. Did you rename scripts.zad to something else like scripts_1.zad? Renaming it is necessary to stop the game from always loading scripts.zad last, which will override any custom scripts.
Hm, thanks for the update, but yeah I have scripts renamed to "scripts_main", I'll try "scripts_1" though I'm not sure if that'd change the load order..

Edit: Okay, figured it out. I had already renamed the original scripts file, right? Well, there was another mod I installed into the ZAD folder that I didn't realize included a scripts.zad, so renaming that as well has fixed the issue. Working just fine now! :ssmile: