Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Need some help modding CII..

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
BioHazard911
driver

Need some help modding CII..

Post by BioHazard911 »

Hey all..I've decided to try modding CII again (if any of you remember, I was known as Stealth_Hunter on here..) and so far, its worked well with add-on cars, but it still lags at a few points with a few high poly cars in the one spot..I know its not my computer, considering it runs BF3 on max on 1920x1080..

Anyway, the cars work, I'm unsure about maps since I haven't tried, but my main issue here is textures. I downloaded some hi res stuff from C2S' site a couple nights ago and I follow the readme exactly and it still won't work, even with a stock game it won't work. I even tried searching around a bit and I'm still stumped, so..can anyone help me out here? It'd be appreciated (:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: Need some help modding CII..

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Welcome back. First, I merged your new account with the Stealth_Hunter one.

Lag with C2 in high resolution is normal, especially with a lot of hipoly models. The 3d engine behind the game simply wasn't made to handle that much geometry.

About the textures: don't forget to delete the PIX16 folder. The game only "renew" textures (tiff to pix) when the modification date of the tiff files is newer than the previously generated pix files. If you install textures made several years ago, their modification date is probably older than the recently generated pix files.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
BioHazard911
driver

Post by BioHazard911 »

Toshiba-3 wrote:Welcome back. First, I merged your new account with the Stealth_Hunter one.

Lag with C2 in high resolution is normal, especially with a lot of hipoly models. The 3d engine behind the game simply wasn't made to handle that much geometry.

About the textures: don't forget to delete the PIX16 folder. The game only "renew" textures (tiff to pix) when the modification date of the tiff files is newer than the previously generated pix files. If you install textures made several years ago, their modification date is probably older than the recently generated pix files.
Heh, thanks for that.

Yeah, I may have to go for more low poly cars\medium poly cars instead, is there a car limit at all? Or can it freely run more cars as long as it is at a safe poly limit?

I don't get it, I delete the PIX16 folders so the FX can load. If there are newer FX add-ons that I can use can you link me them? :\
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Ya know we do have a search function here, right?
BioHazard911
driver

Post by BioHazard911 »

Believe me, I tried that first.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

https://www.cwaboard.co.uk/viewtopic.php ... nts#p79784

129 is the most that works for me. Your mileage may vary.
BioHazard911
driver

Post by BioHazard911 »

Thanks for that, and sorry for the bump, haven't checked this site lately..the textures issue still bugs me, because I do delete the PIX16 folders and whatever else just like the readme says but it won't work still..:/ Am I missing something else? Should I run less high poly cars?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Can you tell us what you're trying to install? You talked about FX up there.

There's a Pack of new visuals here: https://c2s.cwaboard.co.uk/1Others.html
Yfrid's FX pack is here: https://www.cwaboard.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=99453#p99453
All FX resources were changed for Carma-Life 2 but I never made them as standalone. You can do it manually though (copy-pasting from CL2 to your install).
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
BioHazard911
driver

Post by BioHazard911 »

I was trying to run some textures by C2S and Razor. I'll give the ones you linked a try later on today. c:

Check who’s online