Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carstockalypse and Vista Home

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Matt Demers
hit n run

Carstockalypse and Vista Home

Post by Matt Demers »

I just installed C2 on this machine for the first time and the game works. Fine, that's good so far.

I added Autopilot's Prius hybrid as my first car. Went to Carstock and moved it up and press Ok, but then it reverts back to the Eagle being the first car grrrr! It won't remember my settings.

But I must tell you, I installed the car by manually copying the c2c file to the main C2 folder and the rest was merged with the data folder. Vista won't let me extract the files directly to the folder.

This is such a pissoff, why won't it remember my settings?

:mad:
"These buses suffer from a lot of problems but the biggest one being their existence." - R. Longpre
Qwerty_86
kill boss

Re: Carstockalypse and Vista Home

Post by Qwerty_86 »

You should get a copy of WinZip or WinRAR instead of relying on Window's decompresser. Those programs will extract to the proper folders.

Did you check the opponents.txt file to make sure that it actually is at the top of the list after moving it in Carstock? Does the Prius show up in the game at all?
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Easy, just remove the Eagle in Carstock THEN replace it like you did..C2 will mostly choose a different car as it's an "extra" car. So remove one add one (on the same place)

Oh and btw just get Winzip or Winrar to extract files.
JohnStercus
mechanic

Post by JohnStercus »

You can edit the opponent.txt manually. It's located in the data folder.

The prius should be added at the bottom of the list. Change it to opponent 0 and change the Eagle to the old opponent number for the prius. Make sure that you not only change the numbers, but the positions as well.

Hope that makes sense.

"I’d guesstimate it’s a sex thing; it's the only way I can figure it. High velocity impact... Twisted metal... Busted glass... Four souls taken at exactly the same time... Probably the only way that diabolical degenerate can shoot his goo."
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

You can edit the OPPONENT.TXT manually??? No shit???

In the ten years C2 has been around NO ONE, absouletly NO ONE ever discovered that before...

Next thing you'll tell is is you can edit RACES.TXT or, or (giggle) any TXT file manually :oops:
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

Shite! am gonna post this news on Wasted! Exclusive!!!
Jon606
hit n run

Post by Jon606 »

:shock:

This is news to me!
JohnStercus
mechanic

Post by JohnStercus »

You can edit the OPPONENT.TXT manually??? No shit???

In the ten years C2 has been around NO ONE, absouletly NO ONE ever discovered that before...

I'm sure most people know this, it is kind of obvious, but Matt may, and probably does not. It's a simple cut and paste solution for the problem he posted... But thanks for the biting sarcasm. Your rapier wit will surely help Matt solve this technical problem.

Relax, man, I'm not pretending to be some font of hidden, arcane knowledge, I'm just trying to help the OP out...

"I’d guesstimate it’s a sex thing; it's the only way I can figure it. High velocity impact... Twisted metal... Busted glass... Four souls taken at exactly the same time... Probably the only way that diabolical degenerate can shoot his goo."
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Relax, we always give the new guy (you) a hard time.

I've given more advice than the whole fuck-load of youze all.
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

:grin:

Had to be done. :smile:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

mmm, caffeine :grin:
Matt Demers
hit n run

Post by Matt Demers »

Well guys, I solved it. It was simple and I didn't know.

Never install C2 in Program Files on Vista equipped machines. Those folders have some security issues and certain files will be deleted automatically and settings reverted back. Even if you allow the folder to "full control", it will still mess up. Install to a custom folder on desktop and it'll work!

Thanks guys anyway. I wasn't expecting it to be stupid. :sad:

"These buses suffer from a lot of problems but the biggest one being their existence." - R. Longpre
LastV8
pedestrian

Post by LastV8 »

Welcome to my nightmare... This post was close to what I wanted help with. After reading many posts on how getting Vista home to run C2 and carstock, what work for people was not to install C2 in program files, instead to be installed in a fold on the desktop. So I did. Glide Wrapper: check- Carstock: check-Gaming running great: check-Install of add on cars: shitttt… Can’t over right DATA, ok no big deal, I’ll make a new folder on the desktop extract to that, highlight, copy, drop in carma folder. The names of cars pop up in carstock. When I select the car during game, C2 crashes. This dreadful message pops up "Cant load car resolution-independent file” Tried to put the files into data/cars file, it didn’t work. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Fuel injected sucide machine...
LastV8
pedestrian

Post by LastV8 »

Thanks boss! It's running great now! :thumbsup:
Fuel injected sucide machine...

Check who’s online