Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

buliding a system dedicated to Carmageddon - compare specs

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Splatterbastard
pedestrian

buliding a system dedicated to Carmageddon - compare specs

Post by Splatterbastard »

Ive decided to build a system totally dedicated to Carmageddon (original, carpocalypse now, TDR2000). Which runs them better win 95 or 98? which gfx card would run them all with low/no problems? Does anyone have a system that runs them all?

So far I have an AMD 2200 with 512 mb ram, no hard drive (no o/s obviously) or graphics card (not sure could be original thing). Pretty much a blank canvas for here on.
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Re: buliding a system dedicated to Carmageddon - compare specs

Post by random_monkey »

Of the two, I'd go with 98, but I think it's possible to get all 3 running on XP if you want a little more stability.

Graphics wise I'm not too sure on... I'd say go with something that's not too recent and not too old. You don't want anything too new because it'd be wasteful, and anything too old may have trouble keeping up with TDR... So something like a GeForce 4 or 5 kind of area, I think. Don't quote me on that though :wink:

And for a quick guide, the minimum/recommended requirements for TDR are as follows:

Minimum Requirements:

Win 95/98

PII266MHz

32MB RAM

8xCD-ROM

8MB 3D accelerator

410MB hard disk space

Recommended Requirements:

Pentium III 266 MHz or AMD K7 500 MHz or Athlon

64 MB RAM

32 MB DirectX-compatible video card
random_monkey
macacom
turbo bastard

Post by macacom »

If you want to run TDR 2000 on full settings

I'd recommend P 3.0 HT, 512 DDR2, HD 80GB 7200rpm, geforce 4 (so you won't get any direct x errors)

But it is for a full power TDR 2000, playing with a lot of cars, peds and not getting any slow-motion time
Guardo o mundo na mão: e o mundo que se foda
Splatterbastard
pedestrian

Post by Splatterbastard »

Id like to have Carma 2 running as well. What you said sounds like my system only mine is a p2.8 (win xp) running 1gb ram and geforce fx5200 (128 mb) gfx. Dosent run on here which annoys me so I wanted a system that would do both. Carma 2 dosent run either. Disks are in great order. Someone said something about stability in XP - none of them run on my one I just end up with some gay error and each time its a different one.
macacom
turbo bastard

Post by macacom »

Sorry, i dido not understand.

Are you getting problems with Carma 2?

Well, If i get it right, your system is good enough to run carma 2. But you're getting an error to run it right? what error?

are you using a glide wrapping for Carma2? If it's graphical problem, just download one and C2 will work fine
Guardo o mundo na mão: e o mundo que se foda

Check who’s online