Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

GTAIV = Carmageddon

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
n3wton
Wasted!

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by n3wton »

Came across this today:-

I was thinking about actually making a Carmageddon mod, and had a few vehicles from C2 laying around.

so I UV mapped one of them and tossed it ingame.

Wheels are just a template, so pay no mind to them.

The Highquality C2 models fit right in with IV's original cars poly wise,

back in the day I've got cars in C2 that had around 30,000 polys.

So if anyone is interested in joining in with this Carma mod,

I'd be happy to help out with the basics in setting up a IV vehicle,

I can even show the basics to UV mapping. (In 3ds max)

Source: http://twiztid-productions.hostoi.com/
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by Razor »

It's Apex..
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Econobrick
Stucco

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by Econobrick »

Ah, that explains why it looks so ugly and bland. :B
TTR
Psycho Maniac

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by TTR »

LOL i already noticed it was him because of that useless amount of polygons on a car "with high quality". 30.000 polygons and it's certainly Highquality!

I wonder if he also used his stolen vehicles from us though!

Also...weapons!??
Synetearis
turbo bastard

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by Synetearis »

TTR wrote:LOL i already noticed it was him because of that useless amount of polygons on a car "with high quality". 30.000 polygons and it's certainly Highquality!

I wonder if he also used his stolen vehicles from us though!

Also...weapons!??

Haha so its like that, I'll retract my rpops in that case... Yoo wazzap TTR ;)
Synetearis
turbo bastard

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by Synetearis »

Always considered GTA IV the next best thing. (love the ragdoll physics and bloodstains!) but now that reincarnation is underway..
TheCoach
hit n run

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by TheCoach »

Also check his site. Look at banner...

JUGGALO!

FUCKING MAGNETS MAN!
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by Razor »

Apex wrote:EDIT: and yes TTR, those are weapons, they work too. (not in the beta version that's floating around the internet though, in my current version)
Do they work in the same way as the chopper's (annihilator?) minigun?
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
APEX_
Banned

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by APEX_ »

Bitches, quit your complaining.

Even after all these years I'm still interested in C2, and no matter how much complaining you do I just wont ever fucking stop.

Also, Newton. Your "source" is complete crap, that is a website, but /not/ the source of the original post.

Great to see all the pricks from CWA still being pricks.

EDIT: and yes TTR, those are weapons, they work too. (not in the beta version that's floating around the internet though, in my current version)

Double Edit: Imma steal all your modelz!? rofl

Also, TTR. I wasn't talking about JUST my models, I put one vehicle in C2 with 30k polys, It was a general reference to modelers who actually know how to model. (ADR, Econo, Tosh, the list goes on for high quality modelers, you how ever are not in that list.)
APEX_
Banned

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by APEX_ »

Razor wrote:
Apex wrote:EDIT: and yes TTR, those are weapons, they work too. (not in the beta version that's floating around the internet though, in my current version)

Do they work in the same way as the chopper's (annihilator?) minigun?

Yes they do.
Econobrick
Stucco

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by Econobrick »

You know what? Whatever about the past. I might not like your style, but you can model, I'll give you that. :B

My initial comment was about the textures...but I guess that's a matter of taste.

Life's too short.
APEX_
Banned

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by APEX_ »

Econobrick wrote:You know what? Whatever about the past. I might not like your style, but you can model, I'll give you that. :B

My initial comment was about the textures...but I guess that's a matter of taste.

Life's too short.

Thanks Econo.

The textures were made back in 2007, So they need an overhaul lol.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by Razor »

Whilst on the subject of GTAIV and Carmageddon, GTAIV really needs a highpoly Eagle port. *hint hint*
APEX_
Banned

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by APEX_ »

It's not super high poly (from the looks of it) but Stew2000 is working on this
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f87/Stew2000/3D%20models/Eagle%20MK1/Eagle_35.jpg
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Hey Apex, we all thought you died in Iraq or something.

Quite a comeback you did in this post. You are implying that you can model etc. But besides what's posted on that site of yours (we can't see shit in those renders and one shows CarEd), where can we have a look at your 3D work?

There is much more to 3D modeling than polycount. Polycount is not a feature: it is a constraint (and this is also intended at all the sketchup fanboys). 30k triangles is not a good ref for Carmageddon 2 and we never used it. The max tricount of one of my released addons is 20k and even if it looks very good ingame, I don't consider it a good thing. The good polycount constraint for C2 is actually between 5000 and 8000 triangles. For example, I'm working on AdR's Cullwing at the moment. He achieved an awesome textured model with less than 5000 triangles. This is the work of a professional. Making the best we can out of the fewest possible resources. This is why people like Harm, Econo, TTR and me are enjoying a lot making C1 cars, as it is pixelart + real lowpoly modeling. It requires a lot of skills and patience but has a lot of impact on the way we work out 3D models in general. It teaches optimization, poly distribution, resources handling, keeping constraints in mind, and staying coherent from one end to another. This also boosts creativity a lot.

Speaking of TTR, it's been a while he didn't release new addons, but I can assure you he knows what he does. As I said we are focusing on lowpoly and pixelart and he's working on instant-classic items :)

Now this topic was about your asset in GTA4. I think it should show you the way. We told you several times back in the past that your place wasn't within Carmageddon II modding as you wanted more and different things than what Carmageddon modding was all about. Here the simple fact you put a weapon on the car and think it looks good for a Carmageddon mod tells us you still don't understand the Carmageddon idea at all. This is not meant as an offence but it is time that you realize you got some things wrong from the very start. IMO the GTA4 community seems the way to go for you and it doesn't suprise me that your mod got more highlight in there than it did at CWA four years ago.

I really hope you grew up as we all did since the last time you showed your face, but don't come saying you weren't a real CWA prick yourself.

's all
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
APEX_
Banned

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by APEX_ »

I figured you would drop a super long ass useless reply here sooner or later.

First off, I'm aware of "Polycount is not a feature: it is a constraint" me saying that I ONCE put a model in C2 that was 30k (which was a rather highly detailed car, for C2) was not me saying that 30k is a good point to aim for when putting a model in C2, the point I was trying to get across (which almost everyone here has failed to see) is that if there was going to be a C2>IV mod that people wouldn't be converting models that have less polys than the original models that came with IV.

"But besides what's posted on that site of yours" The last time that site was updated was when my Eagle mod was released

"but I can assure you he knows what he does" Yes, that's quite assuring. (not really.)

"Here the simple fact you put a weapon on the car and think it looks good for a Carmageddon mod tells us you still don't understand the Carmageddon idea at all" The "idea" of putting guns on ONE single vehicle almost four years ago some how deludes my perception of what Carma is all about? Surly you remember my other apoc vehicles that didn't include guns? Also, that specific vehicle was more of a zombie apoc vehicle rather then the Carma idea of an apocalyptic world.

(http://twiztid-productions.hostoi.com/images/ApeXCars/Exo_Apoc.jpg) For example, if that's not what you think Carma is about, then YOU have a fucked up perception and need to leave the carma scene.

And last but not least, I have no need to prove my ability to create efficiently to you, or anyone here. Those who have seen my /current/ mesh work know that I know what I'm doing.
Zodape
turbo bastard

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by Zodape »

Guys, guys, calm down. If you wanna keep arguing do it via PM. There is no need for you to get off-topic and for us to read this senseless-hatin'-post-orgy.
^^ Click the sig. for free cookies! ^^
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by Toshiba-3 »

:) You're still as dull as ever, and totally made a fool of yourself alone!

You sound so aggressive/defensive that it just shows how insecure you are about everything. This why you spent your time trying to deny my points instead of simply posting a link for all of us to have a look at your work and see how you could have changed.

Turns out you have nothing to show, still the same good-for-nothing as before. All big talk but nothing to back it up and in the end you look like an idiot.

I'll just join Econo in the sarcasm and let you do your thing because you're so awesome. It was great to talk with you again.

@Zodape: welcome on a Carmageddon forum!
Mastro 666
motorised death

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by Mastro 666 »

No te involucres Papurri.
AdR
pimp

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by AdR »

Ahh, just like good ol' times... good to see we're all slowly getting back together! hehe
APEX_
Banned

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by APEX_ »

This is all you get tosh, an old render of a truck. Don't like it? Fuck you.

lol @ AdR's post.

Good to see your still around man, "we all thought you died in Iraq or something" LOL

Edit: Tosh, who do you think designed the widebody kit and modeled the wheels for the vehicle in my signature? Also, F.B. inc is the one who joined the army, not me.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Well that's an ok render :)

But honestly nothing exceptional either. No context, base materials, and the main model doesn't seem very well executed. Anyway you say it yourself it is old. Why are you so shy showing your current work?

Show us wireframes and infos about your projects. That wide-body kit for example. This topic is basically yours so go on.

Also it is time for you to stop swearing so uselessly. You sound like a kid.
APEX_
Banned

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by APEX_ »

Toshiba-3 wrote:Well that's an ok render :)

But honestly nothing exceptional either. No context, base materials, and the main model doesn't seem very well executed. Anyway you say it yourself it is old. Why are you so shy showing your current work?

Show us wireframes and infos about your projects. That wide-body kit for example. This topic is basically yours so go on.

Also it is time for you to stop swearing so uselessly. You sound like a kid.it is time for you to stop swearing so uselessly. You sound like a kid.

Go fuck your self.

You get what you pay for tosh, which you didn't pay for shit, so you're lucky you get anything from me.

The render wasn't in question, you were talking about my modeling ability, not my ability to render a scene. That model was also modeled in CarED.

And this topic isn't basically mine, it's newton's topic.

No wireframes, or info is really needed.

Spoiler was taken from a Fusion stockcar.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by Toshiba-3 »

So what we see here is a quick render depicting your widebody kit on someone else's car with someone else's spoiler, correct? You'd prefer not to show wireframe views because it would show what your modeling "ability" is all about. Etc.
I question your modeling "ability". You show me a render. I /judge/ your render. You remind me I questioned your modeling "ability". ...Post a wireframe then, dummy. ... wait... I get it... you don't know how do get a wireframe view!?

You still can't model whole scenes. You still use CarEd for anything 3D. For the past four years all you did was making modifications in CarEd to existing models and render these the very same way. Etc. Yet you come saying to others they aren't worth a thing etc. Awesome. This is funny as hell :)

I like you a lot Apex. You are the epitome of stupidity. I didn't pay anything by the way, it is just very easy to play with you and for example make you post pictures that will show us how much of a big mouth you have. Or tell you not to swear and get twice more insults. You are the best! Seriously! Most people prefer not talk with you or reply to your posts because they don't want to be insulted or answered with utter nonsense, but they are wrong: it is very entertaining!

Ah damn! I posted another message too long for you! I always forget you can't handle that many words :(

As I said it was good to playtalk with you again man! ;) But you got so predictable I'm already bored :(

See, I used more smileys! :) Easier for you to understand :B
APEX_
Banned

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by APEX_ »

OMG tosh, your so right. I never noticed I couldn't model a whole scene, despite all those cars I modeled for C2 (excluding the conversions, obviously. But I figured I would say something so you don't assume that I'm trying to say I modeled the Warthog)

I don't care if you think the rims are too high poly, their for rendering. when they go in game turbosmooth will be lowered. Also, before you start bitching about the serpentine belt being too high poly, its not a belt.
BattleMetalChris
turbo bastard

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by BattleMetalChris »

Espyo wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:33 pm Let me check when was the last time explosions weren't awesome. Never!
APEX_
Banned

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by APEX_ »

BattleMetalChris wrote:

The fuck?
BattleMetalChris
turbo bastard

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by BattleMetalChris »

Espyo wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:33 pm Let me check when was the last time explosions weren't awesome. Never!
APEX_
Banned

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by APEX_ »

Ahh, a British term.

Though I agree.
Errol
Toxic Ranger

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by Errol »

Now then, now then, now then. You two chaps cease this ruckus quicksharp.

Tosh, stop poking APEX.

APEX, stop having a nick that is all capitals.

Next time I'll beat you with snakes.
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
APEX_
Banned

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by APEX_ »

I love it when you talk dirty Errol.

EDIT: Anyone else notice in the carmageddon history page when you click "TDR:2000" you get this image?

Seems rather appropriate for this topic.
TheCoach
hit n run

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by TheCoach »

Did you actually MODEL that grill? Why would anyone ever do that?

Jesus man use a darn normal or parallax map for that stuff...

Unless of course you are bothering with so many polies precisely for normal baking, that would make sense actually.
APEX_
Banned

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by APEX_ »

I did MODEL that grille, its so the radiator can be seen through it, kinda like a real car....

And no, using alpha channels doesn't cut it.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by Toshiba-3 »

APEX wrote:OMG tosh, your so right. I never noticed I couldn't model a whole scene, despite all those cars I modeled for C2 (excluding the conversions, obviously. But I figured I would say something so you don't assume that I'm trying to say I modeled the Warthog)

I don't care if you think the rims are too high poly, their for rendering. when they go in game turbosmooth will be lowered. Also, before you start bitching about the serpentine belt being too high poly, its not a belt.

I don't know what to say anymore, seeing you always make a fool of yourself all alone.

I mean... com'on... you are implying you modeled that engine and those rims in CarEd (you even titled the pic modeledincaredyoursoing.jpg). I can actually stop there. You are totally retarded. You must be some kind of low IQ autist or something. And then you apply turbosmooth in max WHOA look at all these polies: you can do 3D!

And finally, who do you think you're fooling saying you modeled all these C2 cars? The only one you /maybe/ made from scratch is that go-kart (oh and the coffee brick). All the rest is based on stolen models etc. Everybody knows that... Look at yourself, years later with the same big mouth, all you can do is barely mod a GTA4 car with CarEd.

Remember when you said that on SMCARS: "Me make my own models? nah never lol" ? Only time you were honest!

Ok ok I won't poke you anymore, I promise :] You're a funny guy that's all ;)
TheCoach
hit n run

GTAIV = Carmageddon

Post by TheCoach »

APEX wrote:I did MODEL that grille, its so the radiator can be seen through it, kinda like a real car....

And no, using alpha channels doesn't cut it.
Learn to use alpha...

Check who’s online