Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon Wiki

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Espyo »

Update: the Carmageddon Wiki finally moved out of that disgusting host Wikia and into the official website! You can find a link to it at the top of any page.

The Carmageddon Wiki is the go-to place for all your informational needs! Be it because you forgot in which games a certain powerup appears, or you just want to sharpen up your knowledge on the puns in the Carmageddon franchise, the wiki has it all! Remember, a wiki can be edited by anybody, so if you spot a typo and want to help, by all means, dive right in! This is a place for the community, but also by the community.

(Old:)
Created... well, some years back, the Carmageddon Wikia is here to give you all the information about the games! You've got info on powerups, missions, everything! Now that Carmageddon has re-arisen, we're going to add a lot of new content.

So far, we have articles for almost everything, we're just missing info on the more obscure games. But that will be fixed sometime in the future. Additionally, I wouldn't bookmark that page just yet. I don't know if you know, but a year or so ago, Wikia changed their theme, to what is arguably... a mess. Almost everyone hates the current theme, and we might have to move to a different server, as Wikia is now a selfish ugly mess.
Anyway, if you spot an error, or have info to add, do it! Remember how wikis work: you don't need an account to contribute!
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
Mundano fan 01
driver

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Mundano fan 01 »

Thank you for this thread, Espyo. :)

- Mundano fan 01, from the Carmageddon Wikia. Z: 2008 - 2011.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Espyo »

With the new Carmageddon, a lot of people will come to the Wikia. We really need to clean some things up...
Espyo
road raged psycho

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Espyo »

Huh... we need someone who's an expert on custom levels to help out at the wiki. There are some problems with the differences between drones and accessories. We need someone who can detailedly describe drones and accessories on the wiki.
Mastro 666
motorised death

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Mastro 666 »

I dont like the term Accessory.

Read this: https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/R4/wiki/index.php?title=Major_Plaything2/Carmageddon_2_editing_elements_and_glossary&printable=yes

Noncar: &XX Ej: &02lamp.ACT

Powerup: &£XXYYYY Ej: &280001.ACT Random Powerup

Static object: & Ej: &CHECPOINT.ACT
Espyo
road raged psycho

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Espyo »

Ah, so, in conclusion... Drones are the cars and the trains, whereas noncars are recognized in the game as accessories (by pressing Shift+5 in Options mode) and are just things you push around. Am I right?

If so, when you hit drones, do they become noncars/accessories? Because they go from moving objects to objects that can be pushed.
Tashita
hit n run

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Tashita »

Thanks for that Wiki. I've learnt a lot of things there. :)
panzermetal
driver

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by panzermetal »

That wiki helped me a lot!
Teutonicus
turbo bastard

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Teutonicus »

..and it´s still growing!
Mundano fan 01
driver

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Mundano fan 01 »

Dark_Pontifex wrote:..and it´s still growing!
Yeah! :)
Rentless Monkey
driver

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Rentless Monkey »

God, I remember the old days when that wiki was pretty scarce. I also remember I uploaded a couple of car images back then. Good to see the old girl in such a fine shape. :)
Mundano fan 01
driver

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Mundano fan 01 »

Yeah, hehe. It was pretty boring at first, but became much better thanks to Espyo and JaffaCakeLover. :-)

Thank you guys! It's full of info these days!
YautjaLord
speed freak

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by YautjaLord »

Visiting your site for all C1/SP/2 (rarely 2k game, like once in few years) info i can get for quite a long time; your site + Wasted! is what i got when Googled for C2 custom car skins some years ago, don't remember the exact number though. lol By the time C:R is released (got to happen, fucking GOT TO!!!!) i'll try to mod few cars myself by then; will you upload their info/everything? :) Just like i said in my post in Wasted!: keep it up forever!!! Or atleast for few decades on end. :) Cheers.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Espyo »

Well, we won't post that on the wiki. The wiki's just about canon, official game content. But having Wasted! host them seems ok. Though I suppose mods will probably be uploaded on the Steam Workshop or however that works.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Razor »

Espyo wrote:Well, we won't post that on the wiki. The wiki's just about canon, official game content. But having Wasted! host them seems ok. Though I suppose mods will probably be uploaded on the Steam Workshop or however that works.
Nope, I'll keep with CWA, my site and Wasted thank you very much, Steam Workshop can sit alone in the corner and weep.

Anyway, back on topic: Carmageddon Wiki is good stuff.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
YautjaLord
speed freak

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by YautjaLord »

Razor wrote:
Espyo wrote:Well, we won't post that on the wiki. The wiki's just about canon, official game content. But having Wasted! host them seems ok. Though I suppose mods will probably be uploaded on the Steam Workshop or however that works.

Nope, I'll keep with CWA, my site and Wasted thank you very much, Steam Workshop can sit alone in the corner and weep.

Anyway, back on topic: Carmageddon Wiki is good stuff.

2Espyo:

Totally legit.

2Razor:

That's the spirit. lol

Cheers you all, keep headbanging.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Espyo »

Oh, I did forget to mention something. Some wikis actually have minor articles about fanon and fan-made stuff. Who knows, in the future, there might be an article about a list of mods, cars, tracks, etc.
stygimoloch
motorised death

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by stygimoloch »

I meant to add some stuff about mods, but then I lost my net, and since getting it back I've been lazy with everything I used to do :/
JaffaCakeLover
pedestrian

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by JaffaCakeLover »

*waves*

What can I say, I was unemployed and i'm a big fan :-)

Some info still needs adding of course, like the tools and some race pages.

I like that the official site here actually uses (and admits to using) the info we found for their History section! Now if they'd only spill the beans on those cancelled games...
Espyo
road raged psycho

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Espyo »

Howdy, JCL! Glad you joined!

The place is a bit empty because we are all a bit tired of editing articles back and forth, specially with Wikia's disgusting layout. But once the game comes out in full-force, we'll gather around and collectively improve the wiki. I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that the wiki can be edited by anyone, so feel free to chime right in! No account necessary (wait, is this actually true for Wikia?)!
YautjaLord
speed freak

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by YautjaLord »

It might be a lil' bit of contribution or not so much, depending if you like specific genre of metal Espyo: in Rig O'Mortis's trivia section you can also add that Rigor Mortis is not only a state of bones of deceased becoming stiff, but also there's this Rigor Mortis - a thrash metal band from Dalls + there's punk band called Rigormortis from LA. (as one word, yeah. :)) Add it or not - totally legit with me. Keep headbangin'. \m/ \m/ \m/
Espyo
road raged psycho

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Espyo »

Surprised nobody's added that before! Thanks for the suggestion! But I have to ask, are either of those bands from before Carmageddon? Because if not, it's impossible for them to have a connection, so it's not really something worth putting...
YautjaLord
speed freak

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by YautjaLord »

Thrash metal band Rigor Mortis has one GWAR member Casey Orr & it existed from 1983 to 1991, (made only 2 albums though, 1st in '88 & 2nd in '91 + EP in '89) they re-united in 2005 & still play upto this year; in 2008 they performed @ Ozzfest; in 2012 Mike Scaccia (lead guitarist) died from heart attack while performing. (RIP) That's all i remember from what Wikipedia gave bout the band & it's members. Cheers.

P.S. Punk band Rigormortis - i didn't found any relevant info in interwebz so can't tell since when they exist, who are it's members & stuff. Sorry.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Espyo »

I finally got around to making a page that has a list of fan sites. I should've done this before, but for the longest of times, I had the idea that we already had this page! Better late than never, I guess. If you spot any problem with that list, let me know, or feel free to fix it yourself! If I forgot someone, feel free to add the link, following the same format.

I chose to have the links in alphabetical order, as that's how it looks the nicest, except for the wiki (duh) and Wasted!, CWA and Road Reaction, as those are the biggest mod database, Carma discussion and tool/patch fan sites out there, deserving special mention as a result.

Special thanks to Tosh, for his list on Road Reaction. I copy-pasted it, but touched up some bits to fit the wiki more.
Espyo
road raged psycho

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Espyo »

After a lot of hard work by Shane, the wiki is now a part of the official website! Finally, you don't have to go anywhere different just to freshen up on Carmageddon knowledge. Finally, you get a page theme that fits with the rest. And most importantly... Finally you don't have to use Wikia anymore...

The import still has one or two kinks that need ironing out, but please, browse around as if it were a shopping mall, and if you find anything that's wrong, go right ahead and edit it!

Thank you all so much for your support over the years, and millions of thanks to Stainless to turn something good into something greater! Here's to several dozens of years filled with Carmageddon fun and information!
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by KakkaHousu »

It works much faster now than under wikia. Does old wiki ceased to be?

Vlad's (Maybe other drivers too) cars doesnt show up. Below he's potret there is just link:File:Vlad1.png
Espyo
road raged psycho

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Espyo »

I'll have to take a look at it. Thanks!

And we're still not sure what to do with the old wiki...
Fuel
speed freak

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Fuel »

The wiki isn't loading this morning. I'm using Chrome and it's endlessly loading. I've cleared my cache and all the usual generic fixes for this kind of thing.
shane
Stainless

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by shane »

Hey Fuel,

I'm just looking into this now and getting it back up and running.
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
TwIsTeDMiNd
speed freak

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by TwIsTeDMiNd »

You are working during the weekend shane or it's simply dedicated freetime of yours? Either of two, it's lovely support! ;)
shane
Stainless

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by shane »

Always working TwIsTeDMiNd ;)

The Wiki is now back up and running - seems it was hit by some spammers so I'll be putting some work in to ward them off!
Ex-Carmageddon Community Manager - Carmageddon.com
Fuel
speed freak

Carmageddon Wiki

Post by Fuel »

Cool, thanks for your hard work shane :-)

Check who’s online