Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Fatcat's Fanart

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

This isnt a WIP, it was a practice model. It's simply unpolished, like a rough doodle, but not a WIP.
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by lemonrev »

I soo want'a see Noody from the kids stop motion show that runs over post man pat :P.

Sweet looking car and i like the wheel's they make it look more like a matchbox car :)

Great work btw :)
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

I hope the final build is really well optimized, i hope it also has steam workshop support too.
Epitaph
motorised death

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by Epitaph »

Hey Fatcat! Once more some good modelling work, too smooth surfaces for my taste but still good. With the few (about 7-8) hours i've only put in 3Ds MAX, until i got overwhelmed, this model really seems like a nightmare to make :D

Congratulations again!
CzechDeath
kill boss

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by CzechDeath »

FatCat wrote:

By the way, a cool plot for a Carma 2 reboot would be that a middle aged Max Damage has a one way time-traveling trip back to Carma 2 to stop himself (and the other drivers) from blowing up that reactor at the end of Carma 2 and triggering the events that lead up to TDR 2000, therefore permanently altering the timeline and allowing Carmageddon 3,4,5,etc to happen in a non-apocalyptic setting!

Have you been watching terminator trailer again? =D
HEX1GON
turbo bastard

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by HEX1GON »

Good to see you still positive.
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Guys, guys, hear me out.

Story time. What if Stainless found a super chill triple-A budget publisher that would let them do what they wanted, but at the cost of needing to keep the entire project under wraps completely until it was nearly done.

So Stainless would hire and hire a ton of people and they would split a small part of the carmageddon floor to make C:R DLCs, with the rest working on the special triple-A project.

Then, after a few years with nothing new coming out of Stainless... A single cinematics + gameplay trailer surfaces... and at the end In big bold letters... CARMAGEDDON 4, Triple-A quality, all the best features of all the games and amazing graphics + superbly creative new cast of game characters, with a few returning old ones.

What if Stainless is doing that right NOW, but they cant tell us because NDA, we wouldnt even KNOW :O
skyNET
turbo bastard

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by skyNET »

FatCat wrote:Guys, guys, hear me out.

Story time. What if Stainless found a super chill triple-A budget publisher that would let them do what they wanted, but at the cost of needing to keep the entire project under wraps completely until it was nearly done.

So Stainless would hire and hire a ton of people and they would split a small part of the carmageddon floor to make C:R DLCs, with the rest working on the special triple-A project.

Then, after a few years with nothing new coming out of Stainless... A single cinematics + gameplay trailer surfaces... and at the end In big bold letters... CARMAGEDDON 4, Triple-A quality, all the best features of all the games and amazing graphics + superbly creative new cast of game characters, with a few returning old ones.

What if Stainless is doing that right NOW, but they cant tell us because NDA, we wouldnt even KNOW :O

Don't let your eyes fool your mind...

... it's real!
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

We may never know how stainless did it back in 1997 & 1998
Trent
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by Trent »

Foley artists are wizards. They make audio magic.
a.k.a. Brent
Toxic
motorised death

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by Toxic »

Trent wrote:Foley artists are wizards. They make audio magic.

;)
CzechDeath
kill boss

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by CzechDeath »

Spoiler:

One does not simply replace Boromir....

FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Anybody else find it oddly cryptic that when Nobby says "in the next carmageddon gaaame", he always gestures broadly and has a lot of joy in his voice?

I think Stainless is already planning Carmageddon 4, and Nobby is trying to tell us without saying it out loud by doing that. (but that's just my theory)
Trent
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by Trent »

Nobby has joy in his voice when he says that because he is excited to be able to spend the rest of his career working on games in the franchise he created. The gesturing and tone is his voice is just a very British mannerism for talking about some vague thing which may be possible some time in the unspecified future.

They are obviously thinking of things to have in the next game, all through C:R's development there's no doubt been loads of ideas which they've had and said "we can't do that in C:R so lets save that for the next game" as proven by such comments from Nobby on the twitch. Actual pre-production planning, though? Not a chance.

If anyone is on pre-production duties on the Carma team right now they would be brainstorming DLC ideas and everyone else is focussed on getting C:R ready for launch and preparing post-launch development such as Mac & Linux ports, the DRM-free version, CarMODgeddon and further optimization and bug fixes. C:R's development will have a long tail after launch so work on the next game no doubt won't commence for quite some time.
a.k.a. Brent
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Cant wait for the neat DLC that stainless has in store after multi-wheels and tracked and bike technology is implemented in C:R.

Also, i promised i would do some art for my next post, so here's some art i made just now.

(Edit: Here's a little flavor text to add lore to the drawing:

"This suppressor is magnuchem's greatest new invention, the heavily armored suppressor, it's nigh indestructible! It is completely unmanned and the antenna provides excellent coverage. But we advise to NEVER overturn it, otherwise the antenna will break off and the vehicle will initiate self destruct to protect it from enemy tempering. To counterbalance this issue, our scientists have filled the bottom of the suppressor with several tons of molten steel! Why? So that in the event of a detonation, racers will have their vehicles sprayed with armor-melting red-hot steel.")
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by KakkaHousu »

Suicide attacking? Now that is something fresh and innovative in cops repertoire.
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Neat Idea FatCat :) I'd just have to make sure I crush this Suppressor with something very very heavy as opposed to rolling it over hehe
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Know what would be pretty funny?

A paper suppressor mod for C:R. All hand-drawn with pen and marker like this. The damage texture would be crumpled paper. =p
Deadhart
motorised death

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by Deadhart »

FatCat wrote:To counterbalance this issue, our scientists have filled the bottom of the suppressor with several tons of molten steel! Why? So that in the event of a detonation, racers will have their vehicles sprayed with armor-melting red-hot steel.")
This is MagNuChem we're talking about it, wouldn't it make more sense to fill it with acid? They've got tons of that shit everywhere.
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Deadhart wrote:
FatCat wrote:To counterbalance this issue, our scientists have filled the bottom of the suppressor with several tons of molten steel! Why? So that in the event of a detonation, racers will have their vehicles sprayed with armor-melting red-hot steel.")

This is MagNuChem we're talking about it, wouldn't it make more sense to fill it with acid? They've got tons of that shit everywhere.

You are totally right, i hadn't thought of that :O
Toxic
motorised death

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by Toxic »

FatCat wrote:
Deadhart wrote:

You are totally right, i hadn't thought of that :O

I've just been talking to the management of MagNuChem and they say they don't have any acid, at all, anywhere, no siree, nada, not a drop, and anybody that says they have is just creating scurrilous rumours to besmirch their good name...
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

So i was doing some tests and stuff, and putting a few C:R models in Unreal 4 as movable dynamic objects.
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

I wish Stainless had another fanart competition. I wouldnt even enter it, i'd just watch all the cool art roll in.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by CzechDeath »

FatCat wrote:So i was doing some tests and stuff, and putting a few C:R models in Unreal 4 as movable dynamic objects.
It has nice lighting
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

That's just unreal working its usual graphical magic, which is strange for this scene because it's mostly all white on white, buy somehow it still looks alright.

I think i'll use unreal to render my car project previews in the future. It's so nice to use and so flexible, way better than having to wait for blender render times.

One thing that still blows my mind is how that eagle hood blade reflects off the hood and roof of the car... in real time! that's just crazy.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by CzechDeath »

Oh yea... Unreal engine is badass...=D

The white kinda tels me that icebearg level could benefit from looking more like that...
MrDeviance
turbo bastard

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by MrDeviance »

What you are doing here is basically pouring salt on the wound FatCat.

Releasing these pics of how the game could actually look if it were to use a decent engine, right when the game just came out, is really salt on the wound.

I could imagine how good it can look on UE4, even without having to actually see it.

Aww well.
farellfoxx
driver

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by farellfoxx »

FatCat wrote:Ladies and gents, i present to you, the Lowpoly Eagle R, it only has 478 polygons.

You can download it for Blender here!

Make sure you also have this texture in the same folder as the model.

This is adorable! I love the old-school look...
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Towmeister had his front plow stolen by Max Damage. How unfortunate!
Gravedrinker
hit n run

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by Gravedrinker »

Now we let our imagination run wild what Max is actually doing with that thing... I mean, you don't go through the trouble of stealing something like that without having a nefarious plan in place.
Twitter/Instagram: @Gravedrinker
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

You know what's

Weird about these pretty environments?

They're all "mostly" flat round surfaces with neat textures

with random LOD-heavy trees and rocks placed out and about.

There's not much to model there other than a little elevation.

I wonder how they texture these worlds.

You know how stainless's C:R has map surface materials that have a value to allow them to randomly spawn peds over? Stainless also needs materials that have a value to either spawn grass, rocks, or tree props randomly, and that each of those randomized props have multiple levels of details that swap based on how far away from them you are. map surface polygons that need to "Not" have any random trees around them will simply use a different material.
FunnyOctopus
aka Privata

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FunnyOctopus »

Fatcat , did they not say they were going to have some form of dynamic grass/rocks at one point? I hope so because that sort of detail adds a lot of finish to the game
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Privata wrote:Fatcat , did they not say they were going to have some form of dynamic grass/rocks at one point? I hope so because that sort of detail adds a lot of finish to the game

Oh yeah, definitively. It might not seem like grass would add much to a game, but check this out.

But to make this work in C:R, pray to the videogame optimization deities that stainless doesnt forget to impliment grass distance LODs.
FatCat
mindless

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FatCat »

Conceptual entities of the Eagle MK-SPACE and the Twister Rock Monster in a Nasa/space theme.to go along with the moon concept art i made a bit ago right here
FunnyOctopus
aka Privata

Fatcat's Fanart

Post by FunnyOctopus »

FatCat wrote:
Privata wrote:Fatcat , did they not say they were going to have some form of dynamic grass/rocks at one point? I hope so because that sort of detail adds a lot of finish to the game

Oh yeah, definitively. It might not seem like grass would add much to a game, but check this out.

But to make this work in C:R, pray to the videogame optimization deities that stainless doesnt forget to impliment grass distance LODs.

I agree I think grass ads so much to games in terms of graphics.

maybe they could just have grass be on a very short range and have it match as close as possible the ground texture (so it looks good far way)

I dont know if carma has lods for its landscapes? if it does I never noticed (beyond the megatexture , I mean meshes and not cars)

PS: I like the space twister a lot

Check who’s online