Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

overlapping points in CarEd

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
cortlong50
pedestrian

Post by cortlong50 »

hey guys, brand new, hopefully im not breaking any rules or anything hahaha

i was trying to make an is300 in CarEd (for some reason i got the hankering to play this...immediately started modding it as it goes, figured it would be a good intro to modeling which ive done before and fuckin bombed at)

and...im stuck. i have overlapping points that basically overlap in all editing panes. how do i...make that not happen so i can create my tris as needed?

or is there a better editor out there? plaything 2 crashed immediately...and just all around isnt stable. so thats a no go for me.

any info would be super appreciated. i see VERY complex cars (im driving a skyline gtr2000 right now that is insane) and i can barely make a door because i cant access overlapping points haha.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

cortlong50 wrote:hey guys, brand new, hopefully im not breaking any rules or anything hahaha

i was trying to make an is300 in CarEd (for some reason i got the hankering to play this...immediately started modding it as it goes, figured it would be a good intro to modeling which ive done before and fuckin bombed at)

and...im stuck. i have overlapping points that basically overlap in all editing panes. how do i...make that not happen so i can create my tris as needed?

or is there a better editor out there? plaything 2 crashed immediately...and just all around isnt stable. so thats a no go for me.

any info would be super appreciated. i see VERY complex cars (im driving a skyline gtr2000 right now that is insane) and i can barely make a door because i cant access overlapping points haha.

As Editors are concerned Plaything 2 is not an editor for me but a prep tool.

3ds Max even though high end is free if you claim you are a student. https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/3ds-max I have had the same license for 2015 since 2014 and it still works. (I barely use it so I am a student, so are you if you are learning it)

Try that with HarmAlarms tools (scripts ?) https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/pc-files

I found tutorials on the net easier than with CarED (I never liked CarEd.)

PS I loved modding for C2 but sucked at making car models.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

hey cortlong50,

you shouldn't have overlapping points in a same object: triangles should share the same point then. If they aren't in the same object, then just hide all objects but the one you're working on, this way only the vertice you need will be displayed? I suppose you've read the tutorial that comes with CarEd?

And as Starbuck said, you also have to possibility to work in 3dsMax (or in another program and use Max to do the setup) and export using the CarmaTools maxscripts, I explain basic stuff in this topic: http://www.carmageddon.com/comment/90185#comment-90185
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online