Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Extracting textures from carma2..

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
OverRunner
pedestrian

Post by OverRunner »

So how the eff am I supposed to be able to view a given car's .MAT file or whichever file contains the texture files and extract the textures? I got a project to remodel the bimmer in high detail and perhaps make it a carma2 car too, got the model imported now but the textures..Just how.
LuckyMike
hit n run

Post by LuckyMike »

Maybe Flummery can help you.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

The textures are in PIX files, the MAT files are the materials which reference the textures. The models reference the MAT files. To extract the textures from PIX files Trixx is for pix.
a.k.a. Brent
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Can't flummery read .pix files? Anyway they'd have to be extracted from the pixies, I don't remember if TRixx does that. If it doesn't TWT Suite can.

However there's an easier path to your project: download the Bimmer template from Toxic-Ragers
http://www.toxic-ragers.co.uk/files/carma2/templates/cars/

You'll get the files untwatted, and with the original tiff files :)
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Errol
Toxic Ranger

Post by Errol »

Toshiba-3 wrote:Anyway they'd have to be extracted from the pixies, I don't remember if TRixx does that
Pretty sure TRixx can do pixie packing and unpacking. If it doesn't let me know!
:: You wanna build a snowman mod C:R? Get Flummery, the Carmageddon modders tool. ::
OverRunner
pedestrian

Post by OverRunner »

Alright thanks guys. Maybe this question was bit of a nooby one. I thought mat files contain the .pix files.

Check who’s online