Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Slowdown on a 1400Mhz!!!

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
zebez
pedestrian

Slowdown on a 1400Mhz!!!

Post by zebez »

Carmageddon TDR slows down to about 1 fps or worse sometimes, it only happens in crashes with other cars or objects and especially when objects go inside others and underground,and or under the car. I presume it's a bug cause it really shouldn't be happening. All other games works perfect. Please help! (I have the european version with the upgrade patch installed and several new cars, and the cfc blood patch)

My system:

Intel P4 1400Mhz

256MB RDRAM PC800

Prolink Pixelview Geforce 3 (12.40 drivers from Nvidia homepage)

SBLive! 5.1

Windows98se with DirectX 8a

All newest drivers
JaggedEdge
hit n run

Re: Slowdown on a 1400Mhz!!!

Post by JaggedEdge »

all i recommend is turning off land shadows and maybe cutting down on draw distance, that speeds up my games by 10 fold
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

That shouldent be a problem on your computer, try running TDR setup and choose 'Profile' that might fix it.
zebez
pedestrian

Post by zebez »

Landshadows is off, and draw distance is 500 and it doesn't help, even if I have drawdistance on lowest the problem still exists. I will try the profile thing, but what does it do?

I think it's somekind of physics bug cause it only happens when objects go into each other, but it doesn't exist with my other computer wich is a 533Mhz celeron and a voodoo2, it's overall pretty slow but never goes to 1 fps like my new comp.

Check who’s online