Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

When I go to the paint menu, it crashes with an exeption.

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
hoodoo456
pedestrian

When I go to the paint menu, it crashes with an exeption.

Post by hoodoo456 »

Whenever I go the paint menu, to edit the texture of my car, it crashes with an exeption. I really want to be able to use the paint function, as I love it, and I would hate for it to not work. Please, help. So far, I've tried installing directx 7, not installing directx 7, running it in software mode, running it in a window, and setting the graphics really low.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: When I go to the paint menu, it crashes with an exeption.

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Beside that, does the game run fine (ingame etc.)?

Does the paint menu crash the game with any car or just the one you're trying to paint?

Have you tried to manually install paint skins?
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
hoodoo456
pedestrian

Post by hoodoo456 »

The rest of the game works fine. I don't know if it works with other cars or not, because I just re-installed it and all i have is the eagle. I don't understand what you mean by the last question.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Actually it is possible to apply the skins manually by editing the texture descriptor file (in this case Eagle4descriptor.txt).

But back to the crashing issue: it would be good to test with other cars. Either cheat or buy a new one to see if the game crashes with it as well. IMO if the game crashes directly upon entering the paint menu then there's a problem that might not be easy to fix. If it crashes when you select or try to apply the skin there might be something to do.

A TDR2000 car skin tutorial btw.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
hoodoo456
pedestrian

Post by hoodoo456 »

Ok, so I played a bit, got a new car, and it hasn't crashed with the eagle or the car i got since. I think It kinda fixed itself, thanks though. I'm a big fan :smile:

Check who’s online