Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

"Selling" cars in garage, or somehow removing them?

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Dramen
pedestrian

"Selling" cars in garage, or somehow removing them?

Post by Dramen »

Hey all, yeah as the title says, any one know how?

I've got the maxpack mod, and noticed I had all the addon cars in the garage...why? I dont want to have them already, i want to work for them through the game.

So can anyone tell me how to remove them all from the garage? Ive tried looking my self in all the folders and files but cant find anything relating to "garage" information or what ever :sad:.

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance :smile:
Dramen
pedestrian

Re: "Selling" cars in garage, or somehow removing them?

Post by Dramen »

No one knows then? Well if the cheat "enablecars" or whatever gives you them all, surely there's a "disableall" but i tried that already lol.

Well...in the maxpack how did you go about adding them to the garage in the 1st place?
Deamon
turbo bastard

Post by Deamon »

The max-pack installer just adds the cars to your TDR Cars folder. The game does the rest. I don't know if it's possible to get the cars to only appear after you bought them in the game, but I think I tried to do that too, when I was creating max-pack. Didn't work out that well as you can see..

I think only cars that appear in the Car_Descriptor.txt in the 'Assets\Cars' folder can be bought. You could try adding all add-on cars there, but I don't think it's that simple.. And even if you get it to work, there are over 150 user created add-on cars in the MAX-Pack..
Carmageddon UNlimited Team For all your wrecking needs!
"All prey keep left. Fellow raptors keep up."
TDR2000 MAX-Pack A community add-on pack.
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

That is correct. You must add the info in the "..\ASSETS\Cars\Car_Descriptor.txt" and the (in my case now, as it depends on the localized language) "..\ASSETS\Strings\UK\Car_Strings_UK.txt"

It'll take some time to add all the info, but it's manageable. A lot of copy & paste. Also, the opposit thing can be done, with the original cars.
-[ Growl Karaoke ]-[ Image ]-[ Abacorn ]-[ Portfolio ]-
Recent exploit: Trapped The Forces of Evil in a box.. and shaked it!
Deamon
turbo bastard

Post by Deamon »

Carmageddon UNlimited Team For all your wrecking needs!
"All prey keep left. Fellow raptors keep up."
TDR2000 MAX-Pack A community add-on pack.

Check who’s online