Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

TDR can you buy all cars on 1st level?

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
Archminion
driver

TDR can you buy all cars on 1st level?

Post by Archminion »

Hi,

I don't know if this is silly or not but I recently picked up TDR again (Sold Out version) and I thought maybe if I stick on the very first level (and use Jaws) which is an amazing vehicle I could just save up cash and buy al the cars as the game will be forced to throw them in the level after I've bought all the previous ones.

The thing is I've bought tons of cars and there seems to be only the same 6 who start the level now and if I try to buy those as well the game locks up while loading on the next try.

Are the cars arranged in 'packs' or something? Like on the earlier levels you will only ever race against one possible set and as you progress bigger more powerful cars appear in the levels?

maybe it's just a problem with my PC but it only ever happens when I try to buy The Beast, Enforcer, Bumble Bee and a few others. I do know that these 6 are the only cars the CPU throws at me now (as I've got the rest).

If anyone can let me know if this is a problem with the game or not cheers.

I spose it would make sense that the game might not want to start with less than 6 opponents..
macacom
turbo bastard

Re: TDR can you buy all cars on 1st level?

Post by macacom »

I got this very similar problem, when I installed the max pack 1.14f. There were always the same cars at the racing levels. And after the second "Back to Beyond" racing level, the game freezed and I couldn't go on.

Most the problems on TDR are because the game is not well configurated to run on new machines.
Guardo o mundo na mão: e o mundo que se foda
Archminion
driver

ELECTRIC BLUE CAR?

Post by Archminion »

Sorry but this question is som small and pointless that I figgered I could get away with tacking it on here:

I think if I remember right the car 'Electric Blue' in the first Carma could use a bastard ray that was built into the car.

Well this car is in TDR as well and I was wondering does it also have the built in ray?

Thanks
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Re: ELECTRIC BLUE CAR?

Post by TTR »

No.
PaPuRRi
pedestrian

Re: ELECTRIC BLUE CAR?

Post by PaPuRRi »

look, u have to start a new game and pass the races and missions, then u will unlock new cars, if u got the max pack, it is the same BUT when u beat the game, the max pack cars + the others will appear as opponents ^^
I'm Surrounded of Assholes...

Check who’s online