Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Why not Carmageddon TDR2000

All things Carmageddon TDR2000 related - hey, it's got multiplayer.
bayramax
pedestrian

Post by bayramax »

There is not Carmageddon TDR2000 category in the forums category. Why?
Dismantler
pedestrian

Post by Dismantler »

Because it was not published or developed by Stainless.
bayramax
pedestrian

Post by bayramax »

Thank ya for your answer Dismantler.
Asphalt Snake
driver

Post by Asphalt Snake »

That's logical, but it's still part of the series. And some people really like it too. I would be pleased to see the missing categories in here and in the HISTORY section.
bayramax
pedestrian

Post by bayramax »

I really can not know why, but i like carmageddon 2 more than TDR2000.
Dismantler
pedestrian

Post by Dismantler »

While it is part of the series, maybe there are some legal issues. It is a bit strange, though, as Stainless have the rights to the name now which, you would assume, includes Carmageddon 3/TDR 2000.

Oh well.
Reyni
pedestrian

Post by Reyni »

If you played Carmageddon 1 and 2 you would know that TDR 2000 doesn't really "fit" in the series. I don't know why, it just doesn't feel right.
bayramax
pedestrian

Post by bayramax »

Yes you re right Reyni. It really doesn't fit the series. And i realy wonder reincarnation. At least, need to see the screenshot :)
Asphalt Snake
driver

Post by Asphalt Snake »

Dismantler wrote:While it is part of the series, maybe there are some legal issues. It is a bit strange, though, as Stainless have the rights to the name now which, you would assume, includes Carmageddon 3/TDR 2000.

Oh well.

Yea, legal issues, I know. But... all that legal sh*t is sh*t.

Reyni wrote:If you played Carmageddon 1 and 2 you would know that TDR 2000 doesn't really "fit" in the series. I don't know why, it just doesn't feel right.
It fits really well to me! You can clearly see, that it was developed by other guys, but they did their best to recreate the atmosphere and added some new interesting stuff. It's still carma, but from another point of view!
Cunt
driver

Post by Cunt »

You guys are all over-thinking it. It's definitely not "legal issues" and it wouldn't exactly be because they didn't make the game. Just look at the history section, the guys at Stainless obviously don't give a shit about TDR2000 so why would they make a forum for it? It can still be discussed in the Off-topic section anyway.
Asphalt Snake
driver

Post by Asphalt Snake »

At least they don't delete the topic there!
Dismantler
pedestrian

Post by Dismantler »

Cunt wrote:You guys are all over-thinking it. It's definitely not "legal issues" and it wouldn't exactly be because they didn't make the game.

I, myself, am not a fan of TDR 2000. I was just being polite. "Not giving a shit" is probably the real reason there's no forum relating to TDR 2000.
me-tm
pedestrian

Post by me-tm »

Dismantler wrote:
Cunt wrote:You guys are all over-thinking it. It's definitely not "legal issues" and it wouldn't exactly be because they didn't make the game.

I, myself, am not a fan of TDR 2000. I was just being polite. "Not giving a shit" is probably the real reason there's no forum relating to TDR 2000.

Yeah, TDR 2000 was just lame compared to the first two. It just felt a bit dumbed-down and lacking in the balls-out insanity I was used to with the Carmageddon games. Let's hope Stainless can bring Carmageddon back to its former glory with Reincarnation.
Licky Webster
driver

Post by Licky Webster »

Say what you will about TDR, but in my opinion it had the best soundtrack of the series!
Dismantler
pedestrian

Post by Dismantler »

It's got nothing to do with legal issues etc, as they do hold the rights to Carmageddon. They (Stainless) must feel the same way that many of us fans do.

It all becomes clear when you look at the following page in the history section...

http://www.carmageddon.com/history/carmageddon-tdr-2000
jimday
hit n run

Post by jimday »

tdr2k was analvomit crusted with buffolojizz compared to c1,c2. eol.
Betty_Swallocks
pedestrian

Post by Betty_Swallocks »

Dismantler wrote:Because it was not published or developed by Stainless.
But mostly because it was crap. I played C1 and C2 to completion multiple times. TDR kept my attention for about half an hour.
Twunter
pedestrian

Post by Twunter »

I never played TDR2k. Just like the new Star Wars or Indiana Jones movies, I couldn’t bring myself to try them and ruin those memories. Reincarnation will be different, Stainless won’t fek that up. The only stumbling block could be the publisher. Either the lack of one means minimal funds to develop the vision (and we get a cut down version of what Stainless want to deliver) or the over meddling of one (and we get a diluted version of what Stainless want to deliver).
Jack Dandy
mechanic

Post by Jack Dandy »

Because TDR2000 sucked ass.
Cat_Bow
driver

Post by Cat_Bow »

Jack Dandy wrote:Because TDR2000 sucked ass.

yep pretty much
jimday
hit n run

Post by jimday »

Cat_Bow wrote:

yep pretty much

yep pretty much absolutely
Freebs2
pedestrian

Post by Freebs2 »

I haven't played Carmageddon1 very much (someone says it's the best), I mostly played Carmageddon2 and it was awesome. TDR2000 was terrible compared to it (in general I'd say). I haven't played it very much, because I got bored of it quickly. From the little I remember its biggest problem was the lack of free roaming, you just had a very little time while the arenas were too big and empty, you couldn't find either cars or pedestrians.

I understand guys at stainless hating it, it practically killed the series (btw, I didn't knew it was made by another developer). I hope them better luck for Reincarnation. - I want my goddamn Carmageddon back!-
sixor
mechanic

Post by sixor »

jimday wrote:
Cat_Bow wrote:

yep pretty much

yep pretty much absolutely indeed totally that game sucks too much even to be called carmageddon
Deadhart
motorised death

Post by Deadhart »

I disagree with most posts here, TDR2000 isn't that bad, but the 4 minute limit often caused me to go insane. And I didn't like the post-apocalyptic theme. It does not really fit the game. We're here to hunt people on busy streets, not through ruined half-empty towns.
Cyclone Jack
pedestrian

Post by Cyclone Jack »

bayramax wrote:There is not Carmageddon TDR2000 category in the forums category. Why?
The same reason why people don't talk about Star Control 3 or Master of Orion 3. Shit game is shit.
benhead
pedestrian

Post by benhead »

Tdr2000 was`nt anywhere near as fun as carma2.I tried to like it but there were small things like the cars not breaking or deforming far enough.You could`nt crush the cab very far or chop it in half where you wanted.
Dralanfang69
pedestrian

Post by Dralanfang69 »

While I think Carmageddon 2 was a much better game.

I think TDR 2000 was a wonderful game. I loved the levels. The cars were by far not as unique as the first two games. I truly loved the physics of how I could make cars fly. I also loved the giant dump truck.
rado84
pedestrian

Post by rado84 »

Dismantler wrote:Because it was not published or developed by Stainless.

And because TDR2000 is a total sh*t that doesn't deserve the reputation of C2.
Sinnabuns
mechanic

Post by Sinnabuns »

They only did 1 thing in TDR 2000 right...

Out of the whole game... 1 thing.

The Afterburner. You could launch off of a ramp and shoot your car across the map like a fuckin rocket!

Say it with me!!!

AFTERBURNER!!!!!
Jelly suspension + Pedestrian Electro Bastard Ray + Turbo nitrous bastard nutty butters + Afterbuner = Stunning Cunt Bonus!
DonnyDarko
pedestrian

Post by DonnyDarko »

tdr2k was quite a good game (and still is. unfortunately, Flatouts have more of a racing than destruction), can't agree it's a complete shit. I enjoyed some of the non-racing missions. BUT C2 is really better - more freedom, more fun.
Skaruts
driver

Post by Skaruts »

Dismantler got it straight to the point.

Dismantler wrote:They (Stainless) must feel the same way that many of us fans do.

It all becomes clear when you look at the following page in the history section...
http://www.carmageddon.com/history/carmageddon-tdr-2000
My opinion on TDR is an extremely unhappy one. I played the game for quite a while, trying to enjoy it... with no success. My conclusion was, that the thoughts I had when I first saw it, were right: that TDR2000 was a pretentious pseudo-moraly-correct disaster.

It's a childish and boring game, if you ask me. It doesn't fit the series at all, and I can really understand why Steinless doesn't want to talk about it. It's a disgrace to the title, that most likely only the people that didn't play C1 and C2 have enjoyed... somehow.

Even the menus were a kind of a messy pain... omfg...

There was one thing I kind of liked about it, though I can't really remember what exactly it was. I think it was the car handling. It felt nice or something. But I wouldn't need TDR for just that, since C2 already had great car handling, while being a near excelent game (except for a few tweeks on certain cars... cough the cough plow cough mk2 aahhhem meh errr... and a few other things)

jimday wrote:
Cat_Bow wrote:

yep pretty much

pretty much infuckingdeed.
beatfreak
pedestrian

Post by beatfreak »

i played C1 and C2, since they came out, and i did with TDR2000. i enjoyed this game. It surely was not perfect. But the gameplay was still fun and i liked the post-apocalyptic scenario. Ok, this movie fun-park at the start was kind of silly.
TaerKast
hit n run

Post by TaerKast »

bayramax wrote:I really can not know why, but i like carmageddon 2 more than TDR2000.
I think everyone does.

For me, TDR is the worst by far.
LordToastALot
speed freak

Post by LordToastALot »

There were so many problems with that awful game, I'll list a few I can remember:

1. The 4 minute time limit. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?

2. The puny amount of time you got for hitting peds or smashing up cars. You'd lose the time you'd get for hitting one ped trying to get to the next one. You basically forced to just race, which is kind of missing the point of the series. These last two points killed the game in my opinion.

3. Missions! And they were even worse than Carma 2!

4. Graphical design. The new Eagle was ugly,the dystopian future feeling had been sucked out of the game. Whenever you got a bonus it displayed it in plain boring text, removing any feeling of reward!

5. The actual graphical engine seemed ugly and inadequate for a game released after Carmageddon 2.
Bet that hurt!
Yfrid
hit n run

Post by Yfrid »

Sinnabuns wrote:They only did 1 thing in TDR 2000 right...

Out of the whole game... 1 thing.

The Afterburner. You could launch off of a ramp and shoot your car across the map like a fuckin rocket!

Say it with me!!!

AFTERBURNER!!!!!

AFTERBURNER!

yeah, that's really the only nice thing they implemented in gamplay...

It was really fun to mess around with that ridiculously exaggerated afterburner!

But at the same time it made the game look even cheaper sometimes... it was really easy to pass through the skybox or at least get close enough to notice that the sky it's just an semisphere with the map inside :\

Check who’s online