Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

A plea to Trent

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
starbuck
kill boss

A plea to Trent

Post by starbuck »

I know this may sound selfish but here goes ......

We know the forum is dying (or now dead as it seems) even though the game has had a bad start. Not like the old Carma2 days I remember.

I as well as perhaps a few others would love to see this forum end with a bang instead of a wimper.

I know you are tied up with your family (which of course is most important than us on the forum).

Can you please Trent release the C1 and C2 maps as we were hoping ? I will be happy even if they arent fully completed. I remember you saying you are almost done with those. It be sad to have nothing instead of at least something.

Thanks in advance for replying Trent.
FunnyOctopus
aka Privata

A plea to Trent

Post by FunnyOctopus »

+1

Whiles, like Starbuck said family is more important the map ports are something I was looking forward to playing.

No rush of course.

I would be willing to pay via patreon or something if that would help :)
starbuck
kill boss

A plea to Trent

Post by starbuck »

Privata wrote:+1

Whiles, like Starbuck said family is more important the map ports are something I was looking forward to playing.

No rush of course.

I would be willing to pay via patreon or something if that would help :)

Out of 153 reads finally a response ! :P I still have the "Model only maps" I created. Just hope Trent got to add least add some opponent paths or something.

Anyone want those since they are very far from complete ? Will post the links once I find them anyway for anyone that wants them.
starbuck
kill boss

A plea to Trent

Post by starbuck »

Here is at least ONE. But I warn you I created the for Reincarnation years ago before my stroke. Nowadays I can bare;y type though.

You will need Minge as well as Carmageddon Reincarnation. There are only the models of the maps with no opponent paths, That is NOTHING.

As Is, no refunds and no tach support. As I said I can barely type hence why I havent even tried to upgrade them.

I tested a few and only tested them inside Carmageddon Reincarnation. Good Luck.

PS these are so out of whack I suggest waiting on them first but at least its something.

Deleted cause those ones are broken as hell.

PS I have my good days and I have my bad days. Today is my confused day.

Oh GOD! the maps dont show up in the game. Only open space. they worked fine a few years ago. Dammit ! EDIT The solutions are most likely here in the forum. http://www.carmageddon.com/forum/topic/28873?page=7 (end of page 7, if you feel like messing with it) You will probably need Trents MAX tools to import them. But I officially say the maps are screwed and I am trying to repair them.

EDIT for those not willing to wait this simple fix solves the problem.

Use Trents MAX tools.

Import the level.CNT into max.

Click the Heirarchy tab (top right).

Click the Affect Pivot Button.

Make sure the pivot is at Zero.

Go into the CR tools of Trents.

Then go Tools Setup Heiarchy, click that

Then export using Trents tools..

If I stupidly forgot to resize the map, thats my fault again.

Resize to about 6.9 the size THEN export using Trents tools. It seems it was AFTER my stroke and I started fracking them up . My sincere apologies.

Otherwise in my spare time I will correct them. Which will take a few days.
Trent
mindless

A plea to Trent

Post by Trent »

If you want me to release them in their current state I will. All of the races work, they have peds, accessories, checkpoints, opponent paths, minimaps, everything needed to be playable. What most of them don't have is fixed geometry to spawn all the peds which are placed in them, correct lighting, properly configured environment (fog, etc.), skies, and 100% perfect accessories (e.g. some may have incorrect collisions) and a couple of races crash when you exit. CityA is the most complete, I've rebuilt 90% of it's geometry so it spawns the peds correctly and put the most work into the accessories, but that is still missing the sky, it only has 1 environment setup rather than all 3 races having their proper environments setup, the lighting need some tweaks and the paths on the minimap need sorting out. There's also a minor issue of the levels being mostly silent and I don't know why, pretty much all the impacts are totally mute and you can only hear the engine.

Over all I can possibly pack them all up and release them for Max Damage in the next couple of days. I need to repack all the C1 cars for Max Damage too, though, as the levels require the C1 APC and Suppressor to work.
a.k.a. Brent
starbuck
kill boss

A plea to Trent

Post by starbuck »

Trent wrote:If you want me to release them in their current state I will. All of the races work, they have peds, accessories, checkpoints, opponent paths, minimaps, everything needed to be playable. What most of them don't have is fixed geometry to spawn all the peds which are placed in them, correct lighting, properly configured environment (fog, etc.), skies, and 100% perfect accessories (e.g. some may have incorrect collisions) and a couple of races crash when you exit. CityA is the most complete, I've rebuilt 90% of it's geometry so it spawns the peds correctly and put the most work into the accessories, but that is still missing the sky, it only has 1 environment setup rather than all 3 races having their proper environments setup, the lighting need some tweaks and the paths on the minimap need sorting out. There's also a minor issue of the levels being mostly silent and I don't know why, pretty much all the impacts are totally mute and you can only hear the engine.

Over all I can possibly pack them all up and release them for Max Damage in the next couple of days. I need to repack all the C1 cars for Max Damage too, though, as the levels require the C1 APC and Suppressor to work.

Considering that no one has released any maps hardly (and the current state of my own maps.) I myself would appreciate any better than none at all. Thats way more than I have got.

Thanks for replying honestly and thanks in advance if you DO release them. It may give me a chance to dissect them later :P
FunnyOctopus
aka Privata

A plea to Trent

Post by FunnyOctopus »

Trent wrote:If you want me to release them in their current state I will. All of the races work, they have peds, accessories, checkpoints, opponent paths, minimaps, everything needed to be playable. What most of them don't have is fixed geometry to spawn all the peds which are placed in them, correct lighting, properly configured environment (fog, etc.), skies, and 100% perfect accessories (e.g. some may have incorrect collisions) and a couple of races crash when you exit. CityA is the most complete, I've rebuilt 90% of it's geometry so it spawns the peds correctly and put the most work into the accessories, but that is still missing the sky, it only has 1 environment setup rather than all 3 races having their proper environments setup, the lighting need some tweaks and the paths on the minimap need sorting out. There's also a minor issue of the levels being mostly silent and I don't know why, pretty much all the impacts are totally mute and you can only hear the engine.

It would be a lot of fun to play on the older maps again.

Even if they are unfinished ATM.
Trent
mindless

A plea to Trent

Post by Trent »

COMING SOOOOOOOOOOOON~!

a.k.a. Brent
hazardic
motorised death

A plea to Trent

Post by hazardic »

Trent wrote:COMING SOOOOOOOOOOOON~!