Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

UI Mod - Advanced Arcade Options Re-enabler & Driver Picker

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Ages ago I re-enabled the pre-release cheats for Arcade mode when I was putting together a UI mod for modders to use to help test out mods and enable them to use their mods better, but when the full release introduced CarMODgeddon mode it made most of that redundant. I've seen a number of people say they want those pre-release cheats back in the game recently so earlier I took a few minutes to knock together a mini-mod to re-enable them in the current version. I then took a couple more minutes to test out an idea about how to implement a driver picker and it worked, yay.

Download here: http://www.carmatools.com/downloads/mods/zmod_ArcadeCheatOptions.zad

Just drop that into the ZAD folder (no saving and no multiplayer supported, obvs) then when you start a freeplay event you will have the following options:

• Disable Opponents

• Disable Timer

• Disable Peds

• PIS Overdraft

• Driver

The first four were in the pre-alpha. The Driver option lets you pick between the various drivers. Unfortunately a couple like the brother's grim puppet and twins don't seem to work very well and I forgot to put Don in there, but better than not being able to pick your driver ;)
a.k.a. Brent
Privata
turbo bastard

Post by Privata »

This is very cool.

thanks a lot trent.

Its kind of crazy that the option to use allmost any driver is in the game , yet we cant use it by default (I remeber them telling us it was not possible)
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Thank you. And my little brother thanks you too. Now he can play Carma again, because disable peds option is here. No more lies ''They are not human, what sick basterd wants play game where you drive over people? They are grave-robbing robot commies from outerspace and that blue what they spills is just oil, not blood.''

Will this mod mess things up? If I take it away from ZAD folder, does game return back to unmodified state? I.e. Are my saves safe from corruption? And no need to repair game after using this mod?
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Yup, deleting the ZAD returns the game to an unmodified stated :)

@Privata: I don't think I ever heard them say driver select wasn't possible, in fact I'm sure Nobby has said a few times that it's something they have considered implementing. It was just something beyond the scope of development.

Yes it was easy enough to add a basic option for it like I did and that's fine for a mod, but I'm sure stainless would want (and people would expect) to give it a proper menu like the car selection screen if they did it themselves, which is a lot of work and would no doubt require extra content like animations of them standing, etc.
a.k.a. Brent
'80s Time Warp
Road Warrior

Post by '80s Time Warp »

Excellent. Thanks for this Trent :)
Just another '80s Dreamer....
Twitter Manifestation. - Mods for Max Damage.
Please do not use my old/deadname.
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

Thanks a bunch for this, now i can take screenshots for the wiki in peace, without those asshole opponents ruining everything.
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

Cool to disable the timer. Thanks.

FYI when I open the link in a new window (Like I always do) or just regularly click it I get a page full of text. For some reason only right clicking / save as works. Nothing in my browser has changed. Could be me though.
Excrubulent
pedestrian

Post by Excrubulent »

I tried putting this mod into my ZAD folder. On my computer that happens to be D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Carmageddon Max Damage\ZAD. I'm assuming that's the right folder.

The game locks me out from saving & multiplayer, so it's detected that there is a mod active. However, I don't seem to have the options available. I can't find them anywhere, either when I'm starting a freeplay game, or when I'm in game. Am I missing something? Should the options be obvious? I'm playing Max Damage, does this mod work with that version? I'm trying to get it so my kid can play without worrying about enemies running into him constantly.
AlexTSK
mindless

Post by AlexTSK »

For Anyone trying this in Max Damage it will not work, Trent is still figuring it out.
Excrubulent
pedestrian

Post by Excrubulent »

Okay, thanks for the info.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Yeah, less figuring it out and more just haven't had the time to work on it. I'm focussed on getting Minge updated.

Basically the ZAD files in CMD contain a different folder structure to the C:R ZAD files, so they need rejigging. Ideally I also need to port the changes I did to C:R's menus for these mods over to C:MD's menu code, in case there are differences in the way the menus work.
a.k.a. Brent
JeReMiZ
hit n run

Post by JeReMiZ »

Hey, It's been a while.

I would really appreciate that this mod be compatible with Max Damage, as I would enjoy disabling APO for opponents and other options, to make the game more enjoyable. Trent, any news? Can you make it to work ? PLEEEAAAASE ? :) Thanks
Psyrgery
speed freak

Post by Psyrgery »

Hey Rigor, you use my mod if you want the game to be more enjoyable (you can use it until Trent releases his UI mod for Max Damage)
Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil

Check who’s online