Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

System Shock 1 remake gameplay

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
me-onfire
turbo bastard

Post by me-onfire »

holy crap ... the game looks super awesome :3

cant wait till its available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okPLF9Ad9ns
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

This looks incredible, i can see the polygons a lot in some spots, but the nice textures and designs give it that really unique aesthetic, i love it. Cant wait to play it either! :O
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

why don't we just call it half life with no aliens and a hammer ?

Really. I do not see this as a hit.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

This remake looks absolutely spot on, it is clearly System Shock, the level design retains it's iconic structure but is brought up to date with tons of details and the atmosphere looks blown over the top. It's captured the feeling of the game perfectly, can't wait to see what the whole thing plays like!

lemonrev wrote:why don't we just call it half life with no aliens and a hammer ?

Really. I do not see this as a hit.

Because it's nothing like Half Life?

System Shock was a massive hit when it was released in 1994, 2 whole years before Valve were founded, and arguably did far more for moving the first-person genre forward than Half-Life did. It wasn't just a first-person shooter, in fact guns and ammo were quite limited. It also was an early example of having a limited amount of weapons you could carry at one time (7 weapons, there were 16 in the game) and had mulitple ammo types to choose from, as well as different ammo and weapon combinations doing different types of damage which affect different enemies in various ways.

It was an RPG through and through with mechanics like an inventory system and with a fully explorable world, not a straight set of linear levels you play from start to finish. The game was incredibly tense and atmospheric for 1994 and it's story was second to none at the time. It had such impact on the industry that a lot of top franchises today, such as Deus Ex and Bioshock, owe their existence entirely to Bioshock.
a.k.a. Brent
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Did you guys also know that System Shock 3 is being made?

http://othersidetease.com/sss.php

This is the teaser website if you guys missed it. So we really have two System Shock games being made, this makes me so happy because some years ago, the rights to the name were in some limbo status and had been absorbed by an insurance company. Now the rights are finally in good hands.
me-onfire
turbo bastard

Post by me-onfire »

yeah i know :) ... otherside is basically the old looking glass team reunited

even warren spector joined the system 3 team ... iam super pumped

system 1 remake (nightdive) + system 3 in development (otherside) ... i really hope system 2 will get some love too :D
lemonrev
road raged psycho

Post by lemonrev »

Trent, Thanks for the reply.

Btw i never really played the original game, I only ever owned system shock 2 and found that infuriating to say the least. But The modern gamer is going to look at this new remake and compare it to other games that came later, I did not know so much about the first game, I knew it was out there but at the same time i have never really seen that much of a comparison made with the game by others but i suppose now this remake getting made things like that will come out.

but seriously with the powers you had in 2 i do not know if you still have the same powers in 1 but i would think it does to some level.

RPG regardless game play has to make sense and 2 for me got to a point and then never made progress. I suppose that is why i look at this remake with a small amount of regard :).

Check who’s online