Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Better handling steering cars

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Chimieltje
mechanic

Post by Chimieltje »

I wonder if there are people here who have edited some car's text files in according to friction, traction

see here:

https://www.cwaboard.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1056

My cars have nowadays no wheelspinning and smoke at the start, and i am fast at start. Only the simplest cornering and the car could not make any turn fast enough before hitting buildings.

Best example to explain is that big ring on the first race. That is a perfect place to test simple corners. I would have more grip and better steering at some higher speeds to race the corners more realistic. I know with real driving the car does more difficult respond at higher speeds when doing simple corners, but in this game it's ..

let's say I would have it more like the grip o matic tyres powerup for better steering but only without e.g. the driving on two wheels..
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Have you tried setting the friction angles to 90 as suggested by Small_Block in that CWA thread? How does the handling react?

We rarely mess with these values when making addon cars. And I think most of us simply decelerate+handbrake to take corners..?
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Chimieltje
mechanic

Post by Chimieltje »

after trying the eagle (please try original values and mine) .. these are mine edited setting for the eagle. works flawless for most of the other cars.

eagle3.txt

0.300000 minimum turning circle

1.000000 brake multiplier

1.000000 braking strenght multiplier

220.000000 speed at red line

5 gears

10.000000 acceleration in highest gear

0.006000 suspension

1.300000 damping factor

2.000000 fractional reduction in slipping

80.00000 / 80.50000 friction angles

2.500000 traction fractional multiplier