Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Which Carmageddon Game Do You Like Better?

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
IronMonkey914
mechanic

Post by IronMonkey914 »

Which do you like the best?
Attachments
_D__officialforums_forum_poll_29056.html.png
_D__officialforums_forum_poll_29056.html.png (28.18 KiB) Viewed 119 times
KakkaHousu
speed freak

Post by KakkaHousu »

Carmageddon 1 is my favourite. Maybe dated, but still great game.

Carmageddon Reincarnation is second best.

I can't say which one I like more, second or TDR. Crash physics are better in C2, but as a game TDR is better. With mods C2 is good, in vanilla not so.
FatCat
mindless

Post by FatCat »

Once C:R gets more sweet reincarnated maps from the last games, (and more from the original C1) then it'll probably be my favorite Carma game of all time. (Oh, and once it gets even more awesome cars, too!)

The one thing that the past games have is more variety, so stainless really has a deep well to reach into for future content ideas.

Also, OP, you forgot to include Splat Pack, in my opinion it has so much new content that it could be considered a sequel on its own =D
FunnyOctopus
aka Privata

Post by FunnyOctopus »

I would say that my list is

1 Carmageddon : splat pack

2 Carmageddon : reincarnation (but with time I think it will be n1)

3 Carmageddon

4 Carmageddon 2

100 ''Carmageddon'' TDR 2000
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

Well, I think for me Reincarnation is the best because it is improved in many many ways, but there are aspects in other games that I like more for example:

I loved the atmosphere of TDR most of all, grity cities with rooftop bridges and all kinds of interesting places. Also I gues its nostalgia speaking.

I liked C2 because it was somewhat callmer than reincarnation, but also had good action. And I can say that at present state sometimes C2 damages is better than in CR because in CR car can fall down from a hill and get out of it without a scratch and in C2 damage was very sensitive. And I I miss some of the levels I'd like to see "Rocky too" in CR:]

Hm what about C1. Well I liked it that it had long very high speed tracks with tall buildings and therefore huge crashes, in CR tracks seem to be smaller I don't know why.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

flykas wrote:Hm what about C1. Well I liked it that it had long very high speed tracks with tall buildings and therefore huge crashes, in CR tracks seem to be smaller I don't know why.
Possibly because there's a lot more stuff going on in C:R's levels than in C1? C1's levels were very sparse so they felt quite cavernous, but the extra detail and objects in C:R make the levels feel a lot more claustrophobic. The levels which are remakes of C1 levels are actually a bit bigger than the originals.
a.k.a. Brent
Freeride Forever
turbo bastard

Post by Freeride Forever »

C:R just 'cuz it's newer. It's light on content, not nearly enough 'real' maps & obviously incorporating MP arenas into the SP was just something they had to do because of delays & things not going as intended. Some vehicles missing that need to be there (tracked & 6 wheeled) but since I know that's all coming along with various fixes & optimizing easily makes C:R the winner. If not for that I'd have to go C:2 I think.

Check who’s online