Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Best Carmageddon?

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
MightyCucumber
pedestrian

Best Carmageddon?

Post by MightyCucumber »

I'm starting to get interested in Carmageddon again (after more than 10 years of hiatus ahah) and I'd like to know your opinion as to what Carmageddon is the best. For example, gameplay wise, variety of maps/cars, history mode, gameplay, etc...

Also, is there a masterlist of Carmageddon fansites with mods and downloadable content anywhere? I'd like to download some stuff to juice up my game when you guys give me your opinion!

Cheers,

Mighty
Espyo
road raged psycho

Best Carmageddon?

Post by Espyo »

The opinion probably stands on whatever game people played when they were younger. For me, I only had Carma2, so that's my pick. I loved a lot of things in Carma1 that the sequel broke, but Carma2 just manages to have a super warm spot in my heart.

As for a "masterlist of Carmageddon fansites", look no further than one or two popular fansites. The thing is, webmasters are normally very friendly towards one another, and it's very rare to find a Carma fansite that doesn't have a list of affiliates. Seriously, pick the likes of Road Reaction, Wasted!, Driven to Destruction, etc., check their affiliates page, and from there, go on a day-long adventure, finding website after website filled with Carma goodies.
I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.
SuperCoolNothing
pedestrian

Best Carmageddon?

Post by SuperCoolNothing »

Definitely Carmageddon 2. Feels way less rigid and static than the first one, the damage system is better, the maps are way better, the cars have much more variety.
The Garbarian
Stainless

Best Carmageddon?

Post by The Garbarian »

The new Carmageddon: Reincarnation is the best!

Well not yet, but soon!

That should be the best one yet, me thinks!

j
Purple Eagle
pedestrian

Best Carmageddon?

Post by Purple Eagle »

My suggestion is Carmageddon 2. It is way amazing and has more cars, better destructions, and no annoying Pratcams. If you like originals, I recommend Carmageddon Splat Pack. But the most recommended is Carmageddon 2 Carpocalypse Now.
Epitaph
motorised death

Best Carmageddon?

Post by Epitaph »

I'll go with Carma 2.

Apart from the obvious improvements in Graphics, Crushing Code and Music (Iron Maiden - FUCK YEAH!!!), the progression of the gameplay was paragon.

You had 3 different maps (mostly) at each group so you wouldn't get bored playing the same map over and over (plus you had to play it only once) and then you had a mission, which provided an awesome challenge and a good difference in gameplay.

I like C:R, it has a good crushing code, but it lacks in menacing atmosphere and fast ferocious gameplay. If it had those 2 elements it would be the best Carmageddon hands down.
tonrac
speed freak

Best Carmageddon?

Post by tonrac »

I love Carma 2 but for me, the missions were too hard and without the cheating code to bypass them, i will never finish the game.

Carma 2 has a big place in my heart, i have spent thousand hours in that game.

CR bring a great diversity in gameplay via different type of events, right now all the maps have the same atmosphere but with CMD, stainless will bring different time of days that will renew the discovery of a map. With the 40% content added in CMD, Max Damage could pretend to be the best Carmageddon Game ...

But right now i admit that between CR and C2 my heart is in conflict.

Check who’s online