Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

My birthday's coming up!! having trouble making cars

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Patrick
pedestrian

My birthday's coming up!! having trouble making cars

Post by Patrick »

Hi i'm new to this site as far as being a member :noob: and my birthday's coming up tomorrow :banana: and i'm having truble with moding carm2 any time i make a car in CarED with smashibales detatchables.ect and i go to play the game with the car the game crashes. :confused:(i read maxe's turtral to and it still crashes) The first time this happened to me i kept tring and killed the game I reinstalled it tho. if anyone knows what is going on here i would be thankfull. I LOVE turtoral videos on youtube so if one of you gave me a video on this i would be Super greatfull thanks. I'm new to modding to. :help:

This was put a day after that one..
Today's my birthday! :banana:
Last edited by Patrick on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi i'm new here and......
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Re: My birthday's coming up!! having trouble making cars

Post by Harmalarm »

hi there, and happy birthday in advance!

I assume the crash of c2 goes without an error message? And I also assume the game runs fine without setting up smashables?
There are so many reasons for the game to crash, it is hard to determine where the problem lies.
can you post or upload your cars c2 files? That way we can check them out, hopefully find something, and get sort it out.
Patrick
pedestrian

Post by Patrick »

thanks for wishing a happy birthday i'm turning 15 tomorrow. I think that it has an error message but I'm not sure. When i killed the game i deleted the original stuff about the car. I'll try and make another one tho.(hopfully no one thinks there complete crap) Also would it be ok if i made a car out of someonelses componet like the frame bumpers.ect(only been making 3d models for a couple of days now and not very good at it either) I'm trynig tho. Hopefully i'll have one halfmade soon.

I almost fergot here's my PC specks if that helps.
ms windows xp home edition
version 2002
sp3
intel celeron prosseser
700MHz
512MB of ram 32MB video card(i know it's not that good of a PC but i got it for free so i think it's a pretty good deal)
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

Hey Patrick,
If you find you make another car that errors, try running carma in software mode (Carma_sw.exe). It won't look pretty, but when it crashes it should give you an error that you can tell us. My guess is that it'll be a "wheels outside all shapes", or something else obscure relating to the car's setup.

With regards to using other people's parts, it's generally OK to do so as long as you're not making something completely out of other people's stuff. A lot of existing custom mods all share common parts like wheels, engines and drivers.
Have a go at making your own things first though, and then if you find something that fits perfectly then give it a whirl and give a shoutout to whoever made it. Don't just use other people's stuff for the sake of it :D

Any screenshots of your stuff, by the way? :)
random_monkey
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Harm didn't ask for your system specs. He already said it could be any number of things and asked you to zip up your car and post it so we can look at it.

Do you want help or not?

p.s. not sure what your birthday has to do with editing?
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

Ah, stop being grumpy Coffey, it's only his 2nd post :P
random_monkey
Patrick
pedestrian

Post by Patrick »

thanks for the tips and sadly i don't have any screenshots. It's still in desine stages but hopfully i'll get it figured out soon. I don't know how long it will take i'm stumped on what to make. Also(this might be me being stupid but) would it be ok if i took somone's car part and moddified it because i suck at moddling from skratch. I'll try to make mine mostly from skratch but i was wondering.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Rules for using other people's cars

I'm confused. Why are you asking about smashables if you don't even have any thing to show? What do you mean it's on "desine" stage?

My advice is to make a few simple cars, nothing fancy. Don't try to do everything on your first car.

Have you gone to the Noobs section to look at any tutorials?
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

I'm confused. Why are you asking about smashables if you don't even have any thing to show? What do you mean it's on "desine" stage?
my thoughts exactly... And i am still willing to look at the model you have right now if that is what you wish
Patrick
pedestrian

Post by Patrick »

Sorry Harmalarm when i killed the game i deleted the original car in my anger for the pc. After i did it i felt realy stupid. I have a new project witch is the one that i said was in design stages. I don't own the parts in it but i did make the skin i'm still making the car it's not finished yet. I'm also taking coffie's advice and making simple cars first before i put this thing in the game. I'm just getting the look down before txt or comp so i don't have to do it later.
It's my main project that's why i was asking about smashibles.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Hi, Patrick. Welcome to the CWA. :)

I see yer not too far from me down here in Alabama.

Happy birthday the other day!

Seriously, just try making a box with wheels first. Put some windows in it and make 'em smash to get the idea and mess with the funks and grooves to see how they work.

Best to make mistakes on something ya didn't have to work all day on.
:rockon:
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Patrick
pedestrian

Post by Patrick »

Thanks for the advice Deep blue. My mom's home state's Alabama.
Cool :beer: and my grandparents i think are living in Alabama to :smile: Well see you guys later.

Check who’s online