Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Check out my band?

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Freddy
hit n run

Check out my band?

Post by Freddy »

http://www.myspace.com/mythagamusic

Sorry shameless plug, let me know what you think?

Cheers

Freddy
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Re: Check out my band?

Post by Razor »

Ooooh, some nice music there Paul :thumbsup:
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Freddy
hit n run

Post by Freddy »

TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

So S.O.D. isn't in it's final release? Cause you could release it with this music lol.

I like what i hear and seeing you're doing it all alone it's pretty wicked. You're doing it all or are some things digitally added?

I'd like to have the mp3's if you'd like to share them :smile:
Freddy
hit n run

Post by Freddy »

Thanks TTR, everything is real and played by me apart from the drums which are computer generated, and of course everything is mixed on a computer, effects added etc. I will be using this music when I re-upload some of my SoD videos which have been took down by youtube due to the stupid copyright violations. Btw Mp3s will be available soon...
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Oh yeah those annoying violations :mad: i also have some video's totally wiped from music...!! Lol but it's a good idea indeed, this also to promote your music :wink:

I'm just starting to play guitar..so for me i cannot add my own music yet :grin:

What intruments do you have and hardware to plug it in etc?
Freddy
hit n run

Post by Freddy »

I play a Yamaha ERG guitar played through a Danelectro pedal, a Fender P-Bass and use Kustom amps. I just mic up the amps and record to the computer, I use Cool Edit Pro to mix everything in. Its not a fancy or expensive set up by any means but it works for me. I use a drum emulation software program called Rhythm Rascal which is pretty convincing I think.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

A Fender P-Bass? nice!

I hook my stuff up on various ways i just don't yet have something to record with, but what i use are 2 different USB cables and then on the computer i have some programs that have amp setups which is just cool :smile:

I also hook it sometimes with the just the small headphonejack.

I recently bought a Gibson Explorer :smile: (this exact one in color/style/case: http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr61 ... 1237143116 )
Freddy
hit n run

Post by Freddy »

Nice axe! :rockon:

I have tried plugging my guitar straight into the computer but thought it sounded crap tbh, I get a much beefier/warmer sound micing the amps up I find.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Thanks!

Well whatever suits your needs, it does the job for the overall theme of the song :smile:
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

is it a easy thing to learn the guitar
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Hehm nice. I like it. I like the grooves you use. Can a 'band' be one person? :wink:

How do you record? Start with a guitar track? Or put down some strummy reference track that gets deleted in the end? So, drums are not a drum machine, right? Are they programmed or are you sort of playing along with the song via keyboard or something? 'Cause it didn't sound like stiff drum machine drumming that I usually think of. Nice job however you did it.

I have an old P-Bass myself, an Olympia acoutic bass and a big stand-up bass. :cool:
pileup
turbo bastard

Post by pileup »

pretty good music nice one :thumbsup:
running people over.. so many peds so little time...
Freddy
hit n run

Post by Freddy »

@ Timmy, its like anything, practice, practice, practice...I'm all self taught never had any lessons or anything, just search the net loads of tutourials and stuff.

@ Coffey, I am a one man band lol anyway heres the software I use http://www.rhythmrascal.com its fairly easy to use, comes with lots of preset beats, or you can make you own, I tend to set a basic beat going when I am writing to keep time and once the song is more or less sorted, I then make a proper drum track and import it into Cool Edit Pro. I can then record as its plays, so helps keep perfect time. Quality program, a few people thought it was real drums until I told them otherwise.
Freddy
hit n run

Post by Freddy »

Just bumping this thread to let you know theres some new song on my page if you want to check them out?

Cheers

Freddy

Check who’s online