Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

DeathRace 2008

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
TheJabMan
.:protagonist:.

DeathRace 2008

Post by TheJabMan »

I figure this would have been posted about already, but here we go...

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/death-race/trailer

Sexy... sort of.. too much of a plot me thinks but I can't argue with something that looks like ADR's Ironhorse.
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: DeathRace 2008

Post by coffeycup »

Great thanks for the link. I had only seen a few stills and one short clip of the tanker trailer.

That looks like a great summer movie. Don't know that it has much to do with the original movie plot though.
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Nothing at all. But I'm a Jason Statham fan, and this'll be a great popcorn movie.

Great movies this year! I saw Iron Man (but it was a godawful cam rip) and loved it, and I'm looking forward to the Dark Knight, Wanted, the new James Bond flick in November, and a bunch of other things.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Sorry for the bump, but I finally watched the DVD tonight. I actually liked it. Its what I expected it to be- maybe a little more.

Yeah, I know it has guns but it had to appeal to the movie going hordes. What I did find interesting is it almost seemed to give a nod to Carmageddon.

The "powerups" you had to run over.

The "Grimm Reaper" character.

And Frankenstien using his door to take out someone.

Or am I just projecting my own love for Carma on to it?
Morbid Angel
speed freak

Post by Morbid Angel »

Hey, it looks cool ...

I would like to see it, too.

I'm sure I could like this one.

:grin:
neitron
hit n run

Post by neitron »

Ok, I've just checked this out. I totatlly loved the movie. I remember I first read about this movie that it's going to be made and the article read "Carmageddon movie in development". Indeed...it's not carmain it's true form, i dunno...car design, the whole conception differs. It reminded me Road Warrior final chase shot on some moments. Things I liked were power-ups, i think they didn't use this in that 70s movie, did they?.. It's cool and sort of video game. Racing shots're very dynamic, cool camera work, I luvit. Car design is not in my taste, they all lack some personality, all grey (I know they shouldn't have painted car bodies in gay colors, but realy some color would be right). Some shots are gorgeous, e.g. the end of Dreadnaught. CGI + old school stuntwork = cool shots. The plot is plain and simple but it works. Jason Statham looks very right person to play the main part after Transporter. I' gave the movie 4,5 out of 5.
Dreydnak
Max Turbado

Post by Dreydnak »

I saw this film at last.

I think it's the most Carmageddonish film to date. It lacks the vintage charm of Death Race 2000, but instead is more realistic and impressive, especially in the crash scenes. And the powerups and other things you have spotted here. Besides, Statham looks very much like Max Damage (they're damn twins!), the circuit itself seems extracted from Carmaggedon (though there are pretty less peds to slaughter) and the background of the film reminds me of the plot from Carpocalypse and, mostly, from TDR2000. And, of course, the 2005 Mustang, which I had installed in my game and rolled a lot of times. If they wanted to do a sequel they could base on one of these games and take the destruction races to a worldwide scale.

I had left my daily Carmaggedon sessions a few years ago, but watching this film made me want to play it again.
pileup
turbo bastard

Post by pileup »

i saw the film it was good, i think the dreadnaught was the best part
running people over.. so many peds so little time...
timmy76
motorised death

Post by timmy76 »

ive seen the film before and tought it was gd but the racing bits could of been longer

coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

One of my favorite parts was Natalie Martinez getting of the prison bus :shock:
Alpha dog
hit n run

Post by Alpha dog »

that was cool

Check who’s online