Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

linux?

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
valium
BraMan

linux?

Post by valium »

i bought me a copy of a PC guide concerning linux

there came a live-cd of kubuntu 6.06 with it. which meant i could test linux/kubuntu without ever installing it (running directly from cd and all)

i must say, i quite like it. been having much trouble with windows lately and want an alternative.

the only thing about it is that those guys over at the linux growing plant have to be very carefull not setting it up with software and codecs that break any rule and whatnot.

so, the problem that gives me directly is codecs: standard it wont play mp3 or divx, and i'm having the most difficult time getting that worked out.

linux works very different to windows regarding installing software.

so far the only thing i got running is .mpg movies (no sound as of yet though)

anyone here know kubuntu and or an application for it that sets up stuff automaticly for me or works like winamp does? just install and play?

i have found a winamp beta version for linux, but it is an install file for redhat, and i have no clue on how to install

Check who’s online