Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Challenges: Idea Box

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Challenges: Idea Box

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

This thread should be for ideas for future challenges. If you win a particular challenge, and just don't have an idea what the next one should be... Well, there should be a wealth of good ideas here...

To start, I have 2 ideas for challenges (not counting the one I am going to start all of this with)

4 Hour Modelling:

Rules: This challenge will last 4 hours. You are to build as much of a completed car as you can within that time frame. You can do as much as you want. Model, texture even get it into a game. You are limited to a minimum of 4000 polygons and a maximum of 5000 polygons. It must be built for C2 or TDR (no extra pieces to model for Crash day.) It must have detachables (hood, bumpers, trunk) You must create custom wheels and an interior.

Time: You have 4 hours to build as much as you can. You need to take a WIP picture at the end of every hour to display in the forum. You need not do every hour straight in a row, however, each hour needs to be done at one time. Your submission cannot exceede 4 hours, though you may complete the model for game purposes. The challenge will end on the Saturday after being issued. (should be issued on a Monday)

Final Status: The model can be in any final status, as this is a challenge to see how much you can get done.

Whatchamadidgy (aka Thingamabob):

Rules: You are to create the mythical part of the car, that makes it run/perform/scream or any other term you wish to use. It should have a completely logical purpose, if not in design, but function. There is no poly limit, as this is not a game released piece. This model is to be supplied untextured.

Time: You are alloted all the time you need to complete this model. The challenge will end on the Saturday after being issued. (should be issued on a Monday)

Final Status: You must supply final pictures of the external view, and a cutaway view, showing specific details about the model. You must also supply a writeup stating what the part does and how it basically functions.
bruner_james
The Dancing Bear

Re: Challenges: Idea Box

Post by bruner_james »

Whats the one we are starting off with? thats the only one that counts. :grin:
Still lazy.
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

A couple of months ago, me and Econo worked on a car together. The only difference was that I modelled the back and he modelled the front. We didn't see what the other one was working on at the time.

We both started with the same middle-point and built our parts onto that, then when we were done, we merged them together.

Perhaps something like that could be done? - Everyone start with a set middle piece, and pair up to model fronts and backs - see which 'team' can get the best lookin' car :smile:

(attachment shows the result, to help explain what I mean further - the white line is what we both started with)
random_monkey
road raged psycho

that is a really good idea.. LOL

Cept, you can go one further and say, either model the front or back... and then put other poeples stuff together with your own.
Kolnedra
hit n run

Post by Kolnedra »

lmao thats 1 crazy idea, let ppl do half of the car...xD

hmm

oldtimer front, future back.. XD

btw random...will u release that car? xD i like it :o
Tony
Ninja

Post by Tony »

Very good and interesting initiative there, Beroc. Sounds like lots of fun, indeed. :thumbsup: (Including the other Challenge-post too, of course)
-[ Growl Karaoke ]-[ Image ]-[ Abacorn ]-[ Portfolio ]-
Recent exploit: Trapped The Forces of Evil in a box.. and shaked it!
Mustang
Hot Sexy Man Beast

Post by Mustang »

i think we need a new subsection (is that what they are called) for theses challenges.

with the model the front and back of the car. the stating point should be supplyed as a line (for a 3dmax team) or dots (for a cared team). so you don't get a half forumla 1 half 4x4 combernation :P

another idea would be that we make a carmageddon race series vehicle pack. (pretty much we all make race cars with some rules etc 600CC motor bike engines. 3 wheels etc)

road raged psycho

Concept of a Concept:

Rules: Search the internet for a hand drawn concept car. This can be by any artist. Build that concept from scratch. This competition is for modeling, not texturing. You have a 5000 polygon limit for the body and 500 per wheel.

Some sites to look at:

http://www.carbodydesign.com

http://rykunovs.narod.ru/

http://www.fengzhudesign.com/

Google Search 1

Google Search 2

Google Search 3

Time: You are alloted all the time you need to complete this model. The challenge will end on the Saturday after being issued. (should be issued on a Monday)

Final Status: You must supply a final picture of a completed, non textured car at two different angles.
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

This applys only to the exterior of the vehicle correct?
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
road raged psycho

I dunno, not an actual challenge, I am sure it would be clarified once and if,it comes to pass
Delinquin
mechanic

Post by Delinquin »

What about a time challenge for Crashday? Pick a track and see who can complete one lap fastest. You would have to have no opponents and varies whether nitro is on or not.
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

I remember the same thing was done with Carmageddon 2 a while ago!

The closest thing they had to internet multiplayer Carmageddon.
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

I had an idea... But, the rules for this alone killed it... Oh well. Party on! :rockon:
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Celebrity Carmageddon

Which celebrity living or dead would fit right in as an opponent?

Or maybe its someone you just want to drive face first into a brick wall.

Challenge is to, I hate using this word but, 'pimp' out a ride in Carma-style for

your celebrity. It needs to reflect their personality - an extension of them.

Do not have to model the celebrity, unless you want to.

Examples:

Jimi Hendrix behind the wheel of the "Purple Haze"

Elvis Presley revving up the "Hounddog"

Angelina Jolie and something with enormous hood ornaments

Time: TBD

Final status: Render of final model, since the image of the celebrity may come into play,

model can be either textured or untextured.

(Idea came from listening to "Crosstown Traffic" by Jimi Hendrix)

I'm not the only soul who's accused of hit and run

Tire tracks all across your back

I can see you had your fun
road raged psycho

JP, any idea is welcome... rules be damned... it is for reference for future winners.

Check who’s online