Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Plumbers = Ripoff merchants

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Deathrow
aka kyle_tdr

Plumbers = Ripoff merchants

Post by Deathrow »

Our shower broke the other day. My mum phoned a plumber and they wanted £208 for a brand new system PLUS labour costs to fit the new system in. Since we didnt have that sort of money to throw at a new shower mum told the guy shed think about it.

Anyway, while she was at work, I dismantlled our existing shower to find out what was wrong. These nylon cam things had worn off and coroded over the past 18 years. So I searched on the net and found the part, ordered a pair of em and a gasket set. They arrived this morning, so I reassembled the shower with the new valves and fresh gaskets. Little to say, ive just had a shower :smile:.

Plumbers estimate: £208 + labour costs.

Actual cost: £38.36 including the postage to out house.

Plumbers are ripoff merchants, what can I say (apologies to any plumbers on the board :P).
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Plumbers = Ripoff merchants

Post by coffeycup »

well, they never consider actually fixing the existing system, they always want to put in a whole new one - even before they've taken a look at it.

They count on people being either too afraid of breaking something and/or getting their hands dirty.

Vermilionvirus
turbo bastard

Post by Vermilionvirus »

choice work my friend, choice work
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

My uncle is a plumber so when anything needs doing he does it for free and we just pay for parts.

Comes in useful.
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

Your a right good chap for fixin it fer yer mum... Perhaps you can smell a right bit better..... Take a shower already... gees.

I do all my own plumbing and stuff. I got all that jaz from my dad, who is like a jack of all trades. I do auto work, carpentry, framing, plumbing, electrical... All that, and I am actually a computer programmer.

Check who’s online